Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

Football First on SKY!!!

The Southampton game was the game of the day in respect to media build up. Harry''s first game in charge, four goals..etc. Our game, irrespective of the score is virtually a non event outside of East Anglia. SKY will show the game which keeps the viewers. People tuning in to Norwich vs Bolton would switching over.

They probably wanted to show it because it was Harry Redknapp''s 1st game in charge of Southampton and because of what happened in the final minutes. Really is pathetic. I mean there showing a game that shows practically Southampton dominating then find the interesting bit in the final minutes of the game. MOTD shows it better and if you wanted to see the 2 goals the Saints conceded then you''ve had to go through the whole boring stuff and then those goals whilst it ain''t that long on MOTD. 

Our game had 5 goals and more action and entertaining stuff. I remember when they showed that Arsenal-Charlton game earlier this season and was only chosen cos Arsenal won 4-0 and of that goal from Thierry Henry and on MOTD that night there was more entertaining stuff then that. Our 2nd half that day against Pompey was fun. They usually choose games with a particular incident and not entertaining games. They don''t choose games that have been televised that day though which is lucky.

Apparently our game was streets ahead of the rest... until Boro''s frantic comeback. Any excuse not to admit that the Minnows played well in an entertaining game that deserved to be witnessed by more than just the Norwich and Bolton fans.

Its irrespective what game THEY show first cos you can select what game you want to watch anyway so it does not really matter.  I personally did not watch the Southampton game and just selected the Norwich game so it did not worry me in the slightest.  Whatever game they show as their first game will always upset most supporters but the beauty of SKY Football First is that you can skip the crap and just watch us.