Sign in to follow this  
Yarmy!

Millwall Away...?

now that i live 120 miles away from cara rd and 7 miles away from the south london ''erberts; millwall away is a no brainer, win lose or draw i was never gonna miss this (even trying to get to B&HA next week, which on valentines weekend is a very brave move in my house)...and no, i cant see us winning this either, but it dunny matter do ut! i can see Leeds losing more games in the home straight than we will and thats what matters!

oh! and one last thing...there arent any good pubs around south bermondsey, so I''d stick around L.bridge and the best pub without a doubt is the woolpack @ 98 Bermondsey st. see ya there fellas. OTBC!

I''m going but not really studied my ticket, don''t know what tier I''m in.

Some good pubs aorund London Bridge, although I won''t have a lot of drinking time, not leaving until 11.30.

Should be a decent game I think!

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Getting my ticket today, 3 of us going will park near the ground and find a local.

Not been to the new Den what''s the best pub to go to ?

[/quote]

Large group of City fans are going to be in ''The George'' near London Bridge from about 12, then heading down to the game. We''ll have colours on, so get down there if you can :)

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Getting my ticket today, 3 of us going will park near the ground and find a local.

Not been to the new Den what''s the best pub to go to ?

[/quote]

UM Don''t...... Seriously there really is no point risking it, unless there''s a couple of hundred of you or you''re all cage fighters, otherwise why bother putting yourself in harm''s way? If you insist on not going to London Bridge I would suggest you go and drink in New Cross or Greenwich and get the bus to the Den, they''re both close enough to get in and out quickly but far enough away that you''re unlikely to run into too many unfriendly faces. Try the Hobgoblin or Marquis Of Granby in New Cross or the Mitre, Trafalgar or Plume of Feathers in Greenwich.

There are no pubs near the ground that you will be welcome i`d definately suggest going to London Bridge also good luck with parking near the ground!

[quote user="Madwall"]There are no pubs near the ground that you will be welcome i`d definately suggest going to London Bridge also good luck with parking near the ground![/quote]At a guess, better to park at Stratford and get the tube in ?

Plume of feathers? we are playing Millwall, not Charlton fella...and the Plume is not really a Pre football pub is it? unless you fancy a quick game of crib with the locals that is?

PIE, MASH AN'' LICKER! PIE, MASH AN'' LICKER! PIE, MASH AN'' LICKER!.....Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle aye! Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle aye!.....

London Bridge for beer, fags an'' skittles! Then footie!

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Getting my ticket today, 3 of us going will park near the ground and find a local.Not been to the new Den what''s the best pub to go to ?

[/quote]

Large group of City fans are going to be in ''The George'' near London Bridge from about 12, then heading down to the game. We''ll have colours on, so get down there if you can :)

[/quote]

HiAre we talking London Bridge and not Tower bridge ?Also how far to walk to the ground ? thanks

[quote user="Brendan"]If I''m honest, dont think we''ll win either. However, if you''re just gonna go to see us win, then you my friend, are nothing less than a glory hunter! [N
[/quote]

I agree Brendan,win ,lose or draw we need to be there

[quote user="a man called horse"]

[quote user="Brendan"]If I''m honest, dont think we''ll win either. However, if you''re just gonna go to see us win, then you my friend, are nothing less than a glory hunter! [N
[/quote]

I agree Brendan,win ,lose or draw we need to be there

[/quote]

I support City whatever happens! I think it''s on a knife edge this game, but we''re doing well enough to win it.

[quote user="Hit Squad"]

Hi
Are we talking London Bridge and not Tower bridge ?

Also how far to walk to the ground ?

thanks
[/quote]

Yeah London Bridge, The George is on the left down Borough High Street about 2 minute walk from London Bridge Station away from the river.

Its then about 5 mins from London Bridge on the train to South Bermondsey station and there is a walkway direct from the station entrance to the away turnstiles that takes a couple of minutes. Trains leave London Bridge for South Bermondsey every 10 mins ish so plenty of time for a few beers in the George and then off to the ground!

Hi all,

I am getting to London Bridge to have some breakfast in All bar one at around 11:15am then we are heading down The George pub in London Bridge.

You will not miss me, shaved head, tall and on Crutches!!

Done my ligament in my knee a week ago, I will be with a few mates.

The physio said rest up I said no way we have Millwall away, no missing that!!

Ian

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]Hi all, I am getting to London Bridge to have some breakfast in All bar one at around 11:15am then we are heading down The George pub in London Bridge. You will not miss me, shaved head, tall and on Crutches!! Done my ligament in my knee a week ago, I will be with a few mates. The physio said rest up I said no way we have Millwall away, no missing that!! Ian[/quote]

See ya there!!! Gettin the early train from norwich

Hi Barclay E Trucker,

If you see me pop over and say hello, be good to have a chat with other fans pal,

Cant miss me, on crutches, not wearing colours but will have a canaries badge on.

OTBC

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]Hi Barclay E Trucker, If you see me pop over and say hello, be good to have a chat with other fans pal, Cant miss me, on crutches, not wearing colours but will have a canaries badge on. OTBC[/quote]

Good to meet ya today mate!!!