Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Our results in the capital

I was shocked when I just read a stat in the evening news - apparently in our last 24 visits to the capital we have only won once that was our 1 - 0 win against QPR last year. I was shocked.

Did anyone also notice the deliberate error in the EDP.

“Everyone knows about (Gary) Holt and his goalscoring record but Hoolahan has been brilliant since he came back in,” said Batt. “I remember him playing when I was at Posh and we played them in the reserves and everyone thought this guy should be in the first team. You can see why they have got goals in them and why they are up there challenging for the title.”

Did not realise we are still missing Gary Holts goals

I was shocked by those stats as well, mate. City will win today, though, which will help to put things right. We are long overdue to beat bloody Charlton too, so let''s hope we can put them to the sword when we visit The Valley this season.

And the last victory in London before the QPR win was also an evening game, at Millwall. It was a very dour 2-0 with Zema Abbey and Malky Mackay scoring. Both goals were in the first half at the home end, and the only other thing I recall about the game was that the Millwall supporters banged the seats up and down for most of the second half.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

And the last victory in London before the QPR win was also an evening game, at Millwall. It was a very dour 2-0 with Zema Abbey and Malky Mackay scoring. Both goals were in the first half at the home end, and the only other thing I recall about the game was that the Millwall supporters banged the seats up and down for most of the second half.

[/quote]

Let''s hope that will prove to be a good omen.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I was shocked when I just read a stat in the evening news - apparently in our last 24 visits to the capital we have only won once that was our 1 - 0 win against QPR last year. I was shocked. Did anyone also notice the deliberate error in the EDP. “Everyone knows about (Gary) Holt and his goalscoring record but Hoolahan has been brilliant since he came back in,” said Batt. “I remember him playing when I was at Posh and we played them in the reserves and everyone thought this guy should be in the first team. You can see why they have got goals in them and why they are up there challenging for the title.” Did not realise we are still missing Gary Holts goals[/quote]

And i was at that QPR game. I have been to around 25 away games and that was my first away win!! How wierd is that!!

I haven''t a clue what the first away win that I watched was now. Mind you, it was nearly 30 years ago. Also I don''t remember my first home win. I believe I had to go to 3 or 4 matches before I first experienced the delights of winning, though.