Sign in to follow this  
Allez17

Just returned - some ratings

After being penned in for a good half hour after the final whistle today (I may be exaggerating), I''ve finally arrived the many miles to my home in East London.Some ratings:Forster - 7. Did what you''d expect, including a truly superb 2nd half save. Had no chance with either goal but did well throughout.R Martin - 6. A game of two halves. Excellent in the first, good covering, good attacking instincts. Very poor in the second and couldn''t buy a pass.Rose - 5. Poor. Always exposed but did not have a good game.Doc - 7. Series of good tackles, always looked in control, though ineffective when thrown up front.Nelson - 7. Very good game. Reads the game well, showed some good touches too.Lappin - 4. Really, really poor. Never in the right position, exposed Rose far too much, couldn''t pass, couldn''t cross. A very bad day for the king of spain.Rusty - 7 the only member of the midfield 4 to turn up.Smith - 6. Showed some promise when on the ball but lightweight, easily brushed off, afraid to go into the tackle.Wes - 5. Anonymous, and when he was on the ball he had his shirt torn from his body. C Martin - 6. Well taken freekick, and showed some good instincts defending set pieces, but otherwise a bit anonymous. Not helped by a nonexistant midfield.Cody - 6. Likewise. Ran a lot, tried, but didnt get a lot of service. The front 2 can''t make chances on their own.

Zak - 6. Showed some good touches and was composed, but not on the pitch long enough to really make a difference.Macnamee - 7. Lots of promise. Crossed better than Lappin and Wes did all day. Oli - 6. Not a lot of impact. Other things:Millwall fans are quiet and chavvy. Lots of bottles thrown on the pitch. The halftime race with the kids was the most entertaining thing all afternoon.WHoever the gobby ginger guy was when we were locked outside at the end should learn to be quiet. What a tool.That is all.

Would you agree that without Holt to hold the ball up we all compress too deep, therefore making attacks slower paced as more ground to make up?Or were we just pants today?

Just back to East Herts...I get back from Carra quicker than this. Damn away supporter system at Millwall. Still I suppose it is the best for everyone but I think Millwall FC could do more about their fans. Its only an intimidating place because Stewards and police to F ALL about the behaviour of those that throw things onto the pitch, race down to the front and lean over the pitchside barrier trying to get in players faces, constantly making onanism (look it up!) gestures at players and visiting supporters, despite half of them not being old enough to practice the art themselves.

I suppose after the six points we picked up without Holty this was on the cards and best forgotten. I hope that Lambert says very little about this performance and judges it by next week''s selection in which i would like to see Hughes replace Corey Smith (didn''t have a clue today!) and Zak Whitbread come in for Nelson. I think that Macnamee should get the chance from the bench again because his crosses were quality and Holty would have banged them in.

I was. I updated last night and set I normally wouldn''t bet on this game, but did a couple anyway. They both involved Norwich winning, so I lost, but I stick by my original point... this match was never going to be good for punters, so betting with emotion is a no no.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Just back to East Herts...I get back from Carra quicker than this. Damn away supporter system at Millwall. Still I suppose it is the best for everyone but I think Millwall FC could do more about their fans. Its only an intimidating place because Stewards and police to F ALL about the behaviour of those that throw things onto the pitch, race down to the front and lean over the pitchside barrier trying to get in players faces, constantly making onanism (look it up!) gestures at players and visiting supporters, despite half of them not being old enough to practice the art themselves. I suppose after the six points we picked up without Holty this was on the cards and best forgotten. I hope that Lambert says very little about this performance and judges it by next week''s selection in which i would like to see Hughes replace Corey Smith (didn''t have a clue today!) and Zak Whitbread come in for Nelson. I think that Macnamee should get the chance from the bench again because his crosses were quality and Holty would have banged them in.[/quote]

The gobby little sh*ts are just living on the history of Millwall back in the 80''s... Last year at Colchester they were running about shouting "We are Millwall,nobody likes us. We are gonna kick your f**king heads in" and no word of a lie they were no older that 14.... They all think they are hard just because they support Millwall when all you can do really is laugh at them

I knew it would be tough, nearly done an acca including Millwall on the double chance, ie to either win or draw, that would have been around 2/5. Other teams i had lined up were Man City (glad i didn''t), Notts County and West Brom. Would''ve paid around 9/1. It was a tough coupon this week and after getting stitched by Bordeaux last week, thought i''d have a week off.

[quote user="Allez17"]After being penned in for a good half hour after the final whistle today (I may be exaggerating), I''ve finally arrived the many miles to my home in East London.

Some ratings:

Forster - 7. Did what you''d expect, including a truly superb 2nd half save. Had no chance with either goal but did well throughout.

R Martin - 6. A game of two halves. Excellent in the first, good covering, good attacking instincts. Very poor in the second and couldn''t buy a pass.

Rose - 5. Poor. Always exposed but did not have a good game.

Doc - 7. Series of good tackles, always looked in control, though ineffective when thrown up front.

Nelson - 7. Very good game. Reads the game well, showed some good touches too.

Lappin - 4. Really, really poor. Never in the right position, exposed Rose far too much, couldn''t pass, couldn''t cross. A very bad day for the king of spain.

Rusty - 7 the only member of the midfield 4 to turn up.

Smith - 6. Showed some promise when on the ball but lightweight, easily brushed off, afraid to go into the tackle.

Wes - 5. Anonymous, and when he was on the ball he had his shirt torn from his body.

C Martin - 6. Well taken freekick, and showed some good instincts defending set pieces, but otherwise a bit anonymous. Not helped by a nonexistant midfield.

Cody - 6. Likewise. Ran a lot, tried, but didnt get a lot of service. The front 2 can''t make chances on their own.

Zak - 6. Showed some good touches and was composed, but not on the pitch long enough to really make a difference.
Macnamee - 7. Lots of promise. Crossed better than Lappin and Wes did all day.
Oli - 6. Not a lot of impact.

Other things:

Millwall fans are quiet and chavvy. Lots of bottles thrown on the pitch.
The halftime race with the kids was the most entertaining thing all afternoon.
WHoever the gobby ginger guy was when we were locked outside at the end should learn to be quiet. What a tool.

That is all.
[/quote]

Agree with a lot of what you''ve said. Apart from I thought Nelson was poor and I don''t see how he can continue to play infront of Whitbread, who looks like such a better player and doesn''t give you the ''fear factor'' that he''s soon going to mess up like Nelson does.

Agree with Russell Martin, thought he was one of our best players first half. Also agree with Lappin, very poor, lost the ball nearly every time he got it.

Disagree with Chris Martin as I thought he was our best player by a long shot. Even excluding his goal, his all round play was superb in my opinion. Doherty was very good at the back, then very poor when puyshed forward.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Just back to East Herts...I get back from Carra quicker than this. Damn away supporter system at Millwall. Still I suppose it is the best for everyone but I think Millwall FC could do more about their fans. Its only an intimidating place because Stewards and police to F ALL about the behaviour of those that throw things onto the pitch, race down to the front and lean over the pitchside barrier trying to get in players faces, constantly making onanism (look it up!) gestures at players and visiting supporters, despite half of them not being old enough to practice the art themselves.

I suppose after the six points we picked up without Holty this was on the cards and best forgotten. I hope that Lambert says very little about this performance and judges it by next week''s selection in which i would like to see Hughes replace Corey Smith (didn''t have a clue today!) and Zak Whitbread come in for Nelson. I think that Macnamee should get the chance from the bench again because his crosses were quality and Holty would have banged them in.[/quote]

Onanism! I looked it up. HA HA HA HA, but what a tacky gesture for those moronic fans to make. Maybe they were getting warmed up for later.

Yeh I went today got to admit if their was a game I thought we would lose i thought it may very wel lbe that one. At the end of the day 15 games or whatever it is is a reat run we were always going to lose at one stage so its just a case of trying to get back to winning ways now. 1st half we were alwright but second half we diddnt really do anything and towards the end we just seemed to use long ball tactics.Got to admit dont really see what all the big fuss is about millwall fans. Dont really understand why we had to stay behind for so long afterwards. In the ground alot of the millwall fans mouthing off to city fans were either overweight old men or chavvy little teenagers who lets face it are just all mouth. Spoke to a few millwall fans on the train back and they seemed perfectly alwright.

I think you''ll find the main reason we were kept back was more to do with the size of South Bermondsey station and the number of people wanting to catch the train back to London Bridge. Obviously dispersing the home fans first may be part of the plan to avoid any potential problems. We saw how stupid their behaviour could be with those bottles being thrown at the pitch from the stand to our left. Let''s be greatful none of the glass ones broke.

Agree about Rose, who was poor today. Drury will go back into team when fit if he continues like that.

Bit harsh on Lappin - although he did make few miss passes.

Their game plan was to take hooly out of game - and it worked

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Agree about Rose, who was poor today. Drury will go back into team when fit if he continues like that.

[/quote]

That''s the second week running that Wes has been man-marked and it''s effective for the opposition. I hope that this isn''t going to be a feature against us.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

That''s the second week running that Wes has been man-marked and it''s effective for the opposition. I hope that this isn''t going to be a feature against us.

[/quote]

Hopefully the return of Grant Holt will make marking Wes out of the game more difficult again. Those two have a very good understanding. 6/9 while Holt recharged his batteries looks like a good deal to me[Y]

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wes has been found out, and that is why we have mac-na-mee on the bench! but if it carries on maybe it would be better to have wes as a sub and bring him on with ollie or cody with pace and a through ball specalist?