Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Goodbye Peter Crouch!!!

Now Harry Reknapp is the Southampton manager...just watch Peter Crouch go!!!

This is why I have been saying for months that we should have signed him when we had the chance.

There were many on this board that laughed at me. I am going to prove them wrong at last!!!

I hope we don''t sign Crouch cos imo he is not a premiership striker. His general play was good when he was here but 4 goals in 16 appearances was not exactly prolific and that was in the fizzy league. Considering his height he certainly doesn''t dominate like he should in the air. Rather have Harewood if we could get him, pace power and strength and good in the air. He certainly has all the attributes to score goals at this level.

I wouldn''t be so cocky if I were you Canary Boy.  Why do you think Harry Redknapp will turn Crouch into a prolific Premiership striker when Graham Taylor, David O''Leary, Paul Sturrock and Steve Wigley have failed before him?  He''s a good manager but he aint a miracle worker!!

Yes just watch him go ......

..... to a championship team, or a struggling prem team for a cut-price fee because Uncle Harry brings in an over-paid player no-ones ever heard of.

We may well benefit this appointment.

the return of Crouch..this thread has grown a beard! He came, done a job,w ent,now please forget him its just not going to happen, this has turned into a fixation for some people get some therapy please.

i have too agree, it looks like its too late tro wait and see in january.......

Must say, he fully deserved his championship medal!

Fair play to roger munby and the club for giving it to him

Sorry Crouch is never going to be prolific, he seems to suit Worthy as the big target man he seems to believe we need, our service from the flanks which has been poor for some time will never suit this type of player, amazing really Iwan scored 6 a season last 2 years.

When Crouch arrived we were 16th in the league.When he left we were top.Conicidence?Don''t think so.He offers a lot more than goals and aerial ability.

I''m not cocky DumbleDelia...I just know what I''m talking about.

I believe Harry Redknapp will bring out the best in Crouch...which we could really do with!

Thanks for agreeing with me JB.

[quote]When Crouch arrived we were 16th in the league.When he left we were top.Conicidence?Don''t think so.He offers a lot more than goals and aerial ability.[/quote]

I think Crouch may have helped the situation, but don''t forget that his loan spell started around the same time as Harper and a certain D.Huckerby...

He did and as he said himself at the time it was reluctantly because he needed the cash to rebuild the team.It''s a Harry tactic which is why I expect Beattie to go and Crouch to start on Saturday.

What did I tell you all.....ha ha ha ha ha. All those Pink''un members who said Crouch wasn''t up to Premiership standards.

I have been vindicated at last.

Peter crouch will not keep us up. He is no better than svensson. I just watched him on match of the day and he couldnt produce anything. All of his headers were lame and when the ball came to him he would never shoot, his own team mates had do take it from his feet and do it for him. It may seem critical but there are better players to spend money on

Tell you what, I know Crouch is up to Prem standard, but I never saw him getting a game with the change of manager.

Fair play Canary Boy, you called that one spot on.

The way some of you go on about Peter Crouch would have us believe that he is better than anybody else who has ever pulled on a canary shirt.  Why can''t you just accept that he was here on loan and then left like hundreds of other players do.  If he had scored a goal every other game I could understand it but he got 4 in 16 - wow.  Support those that are here and for goodness give the old saggy story of Crouch a rest.  It''s getting boring.