Sign in to follow this  
barclaybabe

Leeds v Norwich

Personally, i think us (obviously :P)

I think the last few games have proven that, 8 wins in a row, finally ended by a very tough away game (which would have been tough, with Holt, Drury, Askou....), When Leeds don''t play well, they lose or draw, we went 2/3 games, not playing very well, and won 3 of them, i think that will be the difference come the end of the season....

[quote user="barclaybabe"]which is the best team in the division? taking everything into account[/quote]

Simple the one who wins the league at the end of the season.

The two sides are very very closely matched. If you go through the sides regular line ups our standard out players are: Holt, Hoolahan and Martin where as Leeds have Becktw*t and SnotGrass.They only beat us due to a Forster muck up and 1-1 was a fair reflection of the game.Very very even IMO. Wouldnt surprise me if we finished on level points and if we drew at Carra.

Very little to pick between them and each have a good young manager. The cup runs have distracted leeds as has the beckford situation. We rode our luck against Brentford, walsall and Hartlepool IMO. I expect us to get at least 90 points though and go up. I do feel the automatics are with Norwich and Leeds

The table never lies!

And before some smart arse says it, Leeds have to win those games in hand! Points over potential points any day of the week.

Due only to our horrific start I expect Leeds will win the title. This league is so poor other than top 6 - 8 that I''d expect Leeds to get at least 4 points from those games in hand and once McSheffers settles could make them stronger still. As others have said, both are strong sides. I expect both to go up with little to choose points wise come the end of the season.

[quote user="birchfest"]The table never lies!

And before some smart arse says it, Leeds have to win those games in hand! Points over potential points any day of the week.
[/quote]

I agree that the table doesn''t lie, and I''d say it shows Leeds as edging it at the moment; points per game puts them on top.

It''ll all boil down to 27th March, should be a cracker. There is nothing really between us I don''t think, which is why it''s making it such a great chase at the top! When you say you know an ''arrogant leeds fan'', it''s fair to say that you often don''t need to prefix it with ''arrogant'',. it''s just taken as granted!!!

From a neutrals point of view i would say Norwich are the strongest team in the division. Yes Leeds will go top if they win thier games in hand but they have got to win them and they ain''t exactly playing well. The difference is (apart from saturday) Norwich are winning games when they are not playing well where Leeds are not doing that and thats what wins teams league titles.... Also in my opinion if Norwich had poached our manager a couple of months earlier then they would be walking the league as Lambert would have had time to bring in players he wanted...

[quote user="cufcone"]From a neutrals point of view i would say Norwich are the strongest team in the division. Yes Leeds will go top if they win thier games in hand but they have got to win them and they ain''t exactly playing well. The difference is (apart from saturday) Norwich are winning games when they are not playing well where Leeds are not doing that and thats what wins teams league titles.... Also in my opinion if Norwich had poached our manager a couple of months earlier then they would be walking the league as Lambert would have had time to bring in players he wanted...[/quote]"Legitimately acquired."

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

i like

i have this arrogant leeds fan and he is trying to convince me that leeds are the best team in the league

[/quote]Perhaps if you stopped ''having'' him you wouldnt get so much so grief...

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

i like

i have this arrogant leeds fan and he is trying to convince me that leeds are the best team in the league

[/quote]

Well of course he''s going to think Leeds are better if he''s a Leeds fan.

This thread is hardly proof that he''s wrong because if he was to make the same thread on a Leeds forum it''d have the same results only saying Leeds are best.

Only difference is you''d need an Asbo to understand 50% of the Leeds posts.

[quote user="birchfest"]The table never lies!

And before some smart arse says it, Leeds have to win those games in hand! Points over potential points any day of the week.[/quote]I''ve never agreed with this saying.In my opinion, the table always lies, with the exception of 2 times. 1) At the start of the season, when everyone is on 0 points. 2) At the end of the season, once everyone has played each other 2 times, one home, and one away.Every other day throughout the season, the table has little white lies scattered right the way through it.I think Leeds and Norwich are even at the moment. There is nothing in it, and I think it comes down to Norwich v Leeds @ Carra, and may even decided on goal difference.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]From a neutrals point of view i would say Norwich are the strongest team in the division. Yes Leeds will go top if they win thier games in hand but they have got to win them and they ain''t exactly playing well. The difference is (apart from saturday) Norwich are winning games when they are not playing well where Leeds are not doing that and thats what wins teams league titles.... Also in my opinion if Norwich had poached our manager a couple of months earlier then they would be walking the league as Lambert would have had time to bring in players he wanted...[/quote]

"Legitimately acquired."
[/quote]

Would have done us both a favour if had of joined you earlier,Lambert could have got players in he wanted which would have made you stronger and we would have had time to get a manager in who also could have got his own players in. Damn you should have POACHED him earlier

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]From a neutrals point of view i would say Norwich are the strongest team in the division. Yes Leeds will go top if they win thier games in hand but they have got to win them and they ain''t exactly playing well. The difference is (apart from saturday) Norwich are winning games when they are not playing well where Leeds are not doing that and thats what wins teams league titles.... Also in my opinion if Norwich had poached our manager a couple of months earlier then they would be walking the league as Lambert would have had time to bring in players he wanted...[/quote]"Legitimately acquired."[/quote]

Would have done us both a favour if had of joined you earlier,Lambert could have got players in he wanted which would have made you stronger and we would have had time to get a manager in who also could have got his own players in. Damn you should have POACHED him earlier

[/quote]Yeah, would have made a lot of sense to have legitimately acquired over the summer.[:)]

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]From a neutrals point of view i would say Norwich are the strongest team in the division. Yes Leeds will go top if they win thier games in hand but they have got to win them and they ain''t exactly playing well. The difference is (apart from saturday) Norwich are winning games when they are not playing well where Leeds are not doing that and thats what wins teams league titles.... Also in my opinion if Norwich had poached our manager a couple of months earlier then they would be walking the league as Lambert would have had time to bring in players he wanted...[/quote]"Legitimately acquired."[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, would have made a lot of sense to have legitimately acquired him over the summer.[:)]

[quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]Careful. over do it, and you might come over looking a slight bit bitter.[;)]