Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Millwall's first goal!

This could be seen as clutching at straws but here I go.  The ball was struck and Michael Nelson stabbed his foot at it, with Forster right behind him, and it went into the top corner. 

Forster was lying right behind Nelson and the ball would have rolled straight into his arms.  So if Forster had called for it and Nelson had left it, I think it would have been a comfortable save.  I''m not saying it''s poor keeping but if he had shouted it looked like Nelson could definately had got out the way in time.

Possibly clutching at straws but what do you think?

I''m not blaming Nelson or Forster I''m just asking a question of could it have been prevented?

I dont think so. The defender should always try and block the shot. He was in front of Forster leaving it could have unsighted him. It could have gone through him or he could have spilt it. In a split second you cant given someone a shout and expect them to react to it either.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If i where in defence, it would have been a different story altogether :P (e.g OWN GOAL :D)[/quote]

thats why yoyur not pro [;)]

Nah I''ve watched that goal several times now and Nelson was at fault.  Get some welly behind something like that or leave to your keeper.  What a flimsy flap of his ankle he gave it.  Pathetic.  It''s all Nelson''s fault we lost!

There may or may not have been some irony in the above.  You decide.