Sign in to follow this  
birminghamcanary

what about leon?

Sven''s showing his frustration but leon must a bit narked off as well!! I''m not sure what he''s done wrong, scored a load of goals in his first few games then got dropped!! The fans want him, singing his song alot. he seems to get 2 mins here 3 mins there! seems to good for that!

I think the problem is that we now have too many strikers vying for only two positions. Worthy likes a target man alongside Hucks, so McKenzie''s chances have been limited. It''s a shame, he''s a good player and one day I''d like to see him paired with Huckerby as their pace and eye for goal could be quite a partnership! Having said that, in my opinion Svensson deserves a chance with Huckerby and could prove a higly prolific partnership. Following all the years where we''ve hardly had 11 good players in the squad, it''s nice to have too many!

I agree that Leon has a bright future with the club. If we get promoted and we secure the services of a playmaking central midfielder and a solution to the right wing problem we can then play either a target man or my preference would be Leon & Hux - a pairing of pace, power and directness being fed with quality ball from midfield would work well in the premiership - having a target man simply does not cut it anymore.

However back in the real world of div 1 our successful game plan revolves around getting the ball forward as quickly as possible to Hux and given the ball playing ability of our cntre halfs a big target man is essential. As such the attacking choices are either Sven or Iwan and the majority opinion appear to support the swede with either Hux or Leon - sorry but Leon will simply have to wait a while.

However while he may be frustrated there is no doubt his committment to the team, remember his celebration at Hux equaliser against the hammers? No sulking/doubts there. It just gives us something we havent had in seasons - real options up front!

Come on you yellows..

I do feel a bit for Leon. I''m sure when Nige rang Barry Fry just before Christmas he had given up on Hucks completely. I''m sure he bought Leon as Hucks replacement and Sven as Crouch''s. Then WBA came a knocking and we know the rest of the Hucks saga. I''m sure Leon came to this club thinking he would have Hucks place and be in the starting line up. However, having said all this I think he needs to be patient. I''m sure he''s got a very bright future ahead of him and if he keeps plugging away and does his job in training he''ll get his reward.