Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

My random day out

Just thought I''d let you all know about my random day out at Millwall today.

I went out last night, got in at about 2am but wasn''t drinking heavily, unlike some of my mates. I woke up at about 10am, not even planning to go, got a text from a player (who I wont name) saying "I''ve left you 2 tickets in your name mate" at about half 11. I ring my mate and ask if he fancies it, even though he is hanging he is up for it, lets go!

Jump in my car at about midday and after a quick stop off at Coral on Prince of Wales Road, I go to Long Stratton and pick my mate up. We decided to stop at my dads and try and nick his car for the day, he obliges and gives me his BMW for the day - bonus! The drive was ok but there was some roadworks on the A12 and we get to Redbridge tube station at about 2.45 (because of the hold ups!). We jump on the tube, get off at Mile End and find out the District and Hammersmith and City lines are shut, bummer!

By this time its about ten past 3, so we go back to Stratford, Jubillee line to Canada Waters and get there at about 3.30. We spend a few minutes trying to find a taxi then get a black cab to the ground and get there at about 3.40, with the score 1-1. By this time I had got 2 texts asking if the goal was a good one, haha.

We go to the reception to try and get the tickets and are told the ticket off is "shut and wont be open till after the game" which we obviously said was no good to us. We asked to speak to a manager and no one turned up. We were advised to "knock on the ticket office windows" which we done, and we were greeted with a shout of "whos knocking on the f**king windows", haha.

I explain the situation and we get our tickets eventualy and get into the ground at half time, the guy on the gate told me we were "lucky to be 1-1", which didn''t seem good.

We saw the whole of the second half, which wasn''t the best I have seen us play all season, the introduction of McNamee seemed to perk us up a bit. From what I saw of Cody he didn''t seem to be playing well. Now we obviously missed the first half but the ref seemed to be very swayed by the crowd and the Millwall players. I thought Forster looked good, but the cross for their goal (scored by Harris) was debatable as to who should be winning that. HIs kicking looked better though and he made one really good save. Russell Martin looked solid again but I''d like to see him run at his opponent a bit more, the centre halves looked to be struggling at times, mainly because of the pitch condition and Rose looked average at left back. I''d like to see more of him as he was getting forward more and getting some decent crosses in.

The midfielders looked tired and over-run and I just didn''t think it was going to be our day. I thought Chris Martin was good, full of running and  looked lively, didn''t see much of Wes though.

I thought their fan''s tactics of throwing the ball as far from Norwich players as they could was pathetic and was expecting more than 4 minutes added on at the end. Even the more grown up ball boys were at it, which was sad if the truth be told. Our fans turned out in their numbers but didnt really ever seem to get going, much like the team. I do like Lamberts attitude towards subs and changing if its not going right though, that deserves a mention.

So we got held behind, walked back to the tube station and got a tube to Stratford where we had a McDonalds, first meal of the day, which cheered us up. Then drove home and got back at about 9ish.

The atmosphere was pretty decent, they certainly made some noise and it was never going to be an easy place to go, so I don''t think we can be too downhearted, my dad said Lamberts interview said much the same?

A long, random but funny day. Sorry about the long story but just thought I''d share it with you all.

[quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"]Why''s that a random day out?[/quote]

well done now hes going to write anouther essay

[/quote]Lol, I thought when he said random, he was going to say something like.  He was on his way to Millwall but the car broke down so he had a day at Banham Zoo instead.  Not, I woke up and went to football.  That''s relatively normal for a football message board.

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"]Why''s that a random day out?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, I thought when he said random, he was going to say something like.  He was on his way to Millwall but the car broke down so he had a day at Banham Zoo instead.  Not, I woke up and went to football.  That''s relatively normal for a football message board.
[/quote]

To be fair I thought the New Den was a Zoo today with some of the animals that were in there that allegedly passed for human beings...

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, I thought when he said random, he was going to say something like.  He was on his way to Millwall but the car broke down so he had a day at Banham Zoo instead.  Not, I woke up and went to football.  That''s relatively normal for a football message board.
[/quote]

Lol too, but what about the excitement of the unnamed player?

[/quote]

Random because its the first time I have driven all the way to London to watch half a game of football, let me guess you do that all the time?!

I should have known better than to waste my time telling you.

[quote user="eagle"]

Random because its the first time I have driven all the way to London to watch half a game of football, let me guess you do that all the time?!

[/quote]Fair enough, but what makes it random?  I don''t get that.

"Jump in my car at about midday and after a quick stop off at Coral on

Prince of Wales Road"You should have left a bit earlier and not gone to Corals"The drive was ok but

there was some roadworks on the A12 and we get to Redbridge tube

station at about 2.45"We got on the A12 then A13 stop at Bermondsey (free Parking as permits only valid Mon -Fri)Job done you would have arrived at the ground on timeI just love a smart arse

[quote user="Hit Squad"]"Jump in my car at about midday and after a quick stop off at Coral on

Prince of Wales Road"You should have left a bit earlier and not gone to Corals"The drive was ok but

there was some roadworks on the A12 and we get to Redbridge tube

station at about 2.45"We got on the A12 then A13 stop at Bermondsey (free Parking as permits only valid Mon -Fri)Job done you would have arrived at the ground on timeI just love a smart arse

[/quote]But you weren''t still pissed[;)]

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough, but what makes it random?  I don''t get that.
[/quote]

Ok, I don''t see why you are putting so much emphasis on one word when what I was trying to say was that I didn''t plan to go, but ended up going. I didn''t know where I was going, which obviously made it harder and in my opinion it was a random day out.

If you want me to be picky, every day is made up of a series of random events.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Very interesting and a big well done for effort.

One small point, skinfull the night before, hangover and you drove?

[/quote]

No Butler, I had 3 or 4 beers on Friday night. Think I would have been fine to drive.

In a way I am quite glad I went, another ground ticked off.

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="The Butler"]

Very interesting and a big well done for effort.

One small point, skinfull the night before, hangover and you drove?

[/quote]

No Butler, I had 3 or 4 beers on Friday night. Think I would have been fine to drive.

In a way I am quite glad I went, another ground ticked off.

[/quote]

Sorry eagle should have read the post before my pre lunch errr drink[;)]

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]Fair enough, but what makes it random?  I don''t get that.[/quote]

Ok, I don''t see why you are putting so much emphasis on one word when what I was trying to say was that I didn''t plan to go, but ended up going. I didn''t know where I was going, which obviously made it harder and in my opinion it was a random day out.

[/quote]That''s sounds like gay thinking to me[;)]

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="eagle"][quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough, but what makes it random?  I don''t get that.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s sounds like gay thinking to me[;)]
[/quote]

Ha, ok, you win. I can''t be bothered to explain myself anymore.

[quote user="Badcanary"]I enjoyed the read Eagle.How many others would do the same with little notice. All they do on here is moan.[/quote]Indeed. I enjoyed the read. And Millwall fans, jeeesh they''re like a bunch of over aggressive children.

[quote user="DeliaSaggyOnes"]Ive had more random shits then that like.Thats 5mins i wont get back like.you get right on my saggy ones you do  like [/quote]Yeh

and that semi literate rant cost me 20 seconds of my life as i

attempted to decipher the nonsense you sprawled all over the page

[quote user="DeliaSaggyOnes"]SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANNA HAVE A FIGHT LIKE YOU CHESSE EATING TURNIP LIKE.ILL MEAT YOU IN THE BARN LIKE AND THE WINNER GETS THE OTHERS DAUGHTER LIKE
[/quote]

Is this some kind of homo-erotic fantasy of yours?

Said it before and I''ll say it again. Anyone who uses large font is clearly compensating for something.[:)]