Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

We havew signed a striker

I have just heard from the gentleman that pays a large percentage of Mr Huckerbys wages that a deal is all done for a striker for the January window. His first name is Marlon, his second name is harewood . Any clues on who the striker signing is?

If he can''t break into their team then why is he playing every week.

I hope it''s true, pace, power, can finish and to be fair was played a hell of a lot on the wing at West Ham where he''s not as effective

Why would they sell him to us though?  They''re 5th in the league, look good for at least a play-off spot and just made a massive profit.  Why would they sell their top scorer to us when we wouldn''t be able to ofer them much more than a million for him??

We need to stop talking about the likes of Harewood etc.  Otherwise when we sign Mr Johny Foreigner or some guy from league 2 we''re going to be mightly mightly disappointed!

[quote]I have just heard from the gentleman that pays a large percentage of Mr Huckerbys wages that a deal is all done for a striker for the January window. His first name is Marlon, his second name is harew...[/quote]

I thought clubs couldn''t negotiate final deals until the 1st of January... 

I hope that''s not a wind up jon - is that certain then? i''ll be coming back here to this post come january if you''re wrong. And if you''re right to say fair play to you.

I think he has become lazy at west ham because he foolishly though a move to west ham last season would mean a season bangin them in there and enhancing his reputation before getting a crack at the premiership. He banged the goals in, eventually, but too late to fire them to the prem and now he''s sulking and not performing.

it means buying him would be a gamble since he doesn''t seem like a man to have in your side when things are tough. but he has undoubted quality. BIG gamble, but one i''d be tempted by. Add him to what we have - leon, hux, mcV, damo and we start to look a bit more potent. i think it would mean the beginning of the end for sven tho...

You can finalise everything but they just can''t come to the club till Jan 1, there called pre-contract details, where you can make a bid, discuss personal terms then he will sign on Jan 1 or whatever date you choose.

I would be in favor of Harewood, I get the impression harewood isn''t very happy West Ham so maybe thats why he not putting in the work, who knows? besides he must be doing something right cos he playig every week and usually on the scoresheet.  Maybe the comments aren''t true just to put us of, cos they want to keep him.

I''m with the Vic on this one, he''s never impressed me (Harewood that is, not the Vic!). Quick and powerful yes but a poor finisher. His goal scoring record in Div 1 (in mostly good sides remember) is just about respectable but certainly no more, and I wouldnt fancy him to score often in the Prem.

His goal record is good, especially as he was mainly used on the wing last season. He''s been part of the average Forest team of the past few years and an ok West Ham team. Thing is, he is fast, powerful and has no little skill. He''s looked a threat in every game (bar the play off final last year) I have seen him in.

Most West Ham fans I know say if he had been treated better by Pardew and they had gone up he would be in the England reckoning now. Him and Hucks pulled us apart for Forest a year or two you might recall. 

I feel we could get him as him and Pardew seem not to see eye to eye and Pardew would rather play other types of player in that position. He''s also probably about all we can realistically afford - and will most likley stick around should we go down (c''mon we gotta be realists).   

I seriously hope its not Harewood.  The bloke is definitely not as good as leon or sven and to say he has an attitude problem is a bit of an understatement.

OTBC