Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Where's the rope?

One loss and the doom merchants are back!!!!

Not only are the doom merchants back, the people that wind them up are back or at least regular users different alias''!

We have certain posters saying Lappin is rubbish - well he wasn''t rubbish for every game we were winning and drawing since Leeds away? and I think you''ll find his assists have been valuable for us in this time

We have certain posters saying Doherty and Nelson will be replaced - well maybe yes with Nelson but Doherty? No way! Askou and Whitbread will be fighting it out now for that other place

We have certain posters demanding an apology from Grant Holt - Would this of been asked for if we won yesterday? and why wasn''t it asked for after the Brentford result?

I think there are a few things these people need to remember:

1) We are top of the league still and results more or less went our way yesterday

2) We were unbeaten for 16 games ffs

3) There''s still a long way to go

I think some Norwich fans need to be realistic, some are too hyped up with our success and some are just waiting for our downfall as it gives them tremendous pleasure in commenting on our downfall and the reason''s for it, to these people I say I hope you''ve enjoyed your 16 game break, make the most of it this week because I don''t think you''ll be back again for a while! Perhaps take some time off work in March just in case!

I am one of the people who think Lappin and Nelson should be replaced. What your missing is that we haven''t played well for 4 games now. Yes it conincides with Holt missing, but it was a bit silly to assume Cody would do his job, so we should have a plan b, a different formation for when certain players aren''t available, thats also why i suggested Macca for Hoolahan. I have expected us not to get a result, but that doesn''t mean that i think we wont get promoted, that we should change everything. Its just a few subtle changes to try to get back to winning ways asap. If you''ve seen the recent games surely you cant argue we have been poor and yesterday was on the cards.

[quote user="jed exodous"]I am one of the people who think Lappin and Nelson should be replaced. What your missing is that we haven''t played well for 4 games now. Yes it conincides with Holt missing, but it was a bit silly to assume Cody would do his job, so we should have a plan b, a different formation for when certain players aren''t available, thats also why i suggested Macca for Hoolahan. I have expected us not to get a result, but that doesn''t mean that i think we wont get promoted, that we should change everything. Its just a few subtle changes to try to get back to winning ways asap. If you''ve seen the recent games surely you cant argue we have been poor and yesterday was on the cards.[/quote]

What your missing Jed is although we haven''t played well we''ve still won - a sign of a good team.

Your entitled to your opinion, and I don''t think my above OP is directed towards people like yourself who actually come back with reasoned responses and suggested improvements. But when the results (wins) are coming in its hard to put across.

McNamee (i presume you meant him and not McVeigh) will be good cover for Hoolahan when he is injured but as a replacement I''m not sure, I don''t see your arguement with Lappin but I do see your arguement with Nelson.

I have seen recent games, I can''t argue we''ve been poor, I can argue we have been getting the results and I can also argue the reason yesterday was on the cards is because Millwall are a good team and even better at home.  

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Didn''t take them long did it lol[/quote]I''ve been waiting for the reinstate Gunn threads mate.[/quote]

Hahaha mate, give it time [Y]

Spot on, Smudger disappears for months and is then back when we lose.  pathetic.Nelson and Doc know they have Whitbread, Spillane and Askou pushing for a place, which is GOOD NEWS.  I suspect we will see Whitbread and Askou as the key pairing once both are match fit.  So I see no bad news there we used Nelson when we had to, but I do not doubt he will be on the bench for the next match.Our midfield has struggled during the past three games yes, but we have options to try, and until yesterday we had not lost with that midfield or formation.  NOBODY would have changed a winning system.As soon as we start to enjoy things again people come along and moan after ONE LOSS.  If we lose the next two then we can start to ask questions,  Until then shut the hell up and enjoy the ride.

[quote user="jed exodous"]I am one of the people who think Lappin and Nelson should be replaced. What your missing is that we haven''t played well for 4 games now. Yes it conincides with Holt missing, but it was a bit silly to assume Cody would do his job, so we should have a plan b, a different formation for when certain players aren''t available, thats also why i suggested Macca for Hoolahan. I have expected us not to get a result, but that doesn''t mean that i think we wont get promoted, that we should change everything. Its just a few subtle changes to try to get back to winning ways asap. If you''ve seen the recent games surely you cant argue we have been poor and yesterday was on the cards.[/quote]Unfortunatly,  we don''t have the money for that kind of depth.We only have 3 other options up front. Plus, when one of them is and Jamie Cureton, he really only has 2 options eh?

[quote user="Twitchy"]I''d say our little Mel is planing her campaign slogans already.[/quote]Oh don''t Twittchy, not even in jest.

PS. Great username btw.[Y]

I fully expect us to lose 3 or 4 more games before the end of the season but i also expect us to win a lot too and cross the 90 point line for automatic. I honestly think top place will be decided by the outcome of the Norwich v Leeds game

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]I''d say our little Mel is planing her campaign slogans already.[/quote]Oh don''t Twittchy, not even in jest.

PS. Great username btw.[Y]

[/quote]

Cheers Wiz, it''s more apt than you might think lol.

STOP MOANING ffs, we went 16 games without defeat and we broke the club record -> now 11 victories at home on the trott and counting...

We just lost one of the most difficult away games...

I''m still behind Lambert''s decisions and whoever he plays will give 100%

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[quote user="jed exodous"]I am one of the people who think Lappin and Nelson should be replaced. What your missing is that we haven''t played well for 4 games now. Yes it conincides with Holt missing, but it was a bit silly to assume Cody would do his job, so we should have a plan b, a different formation for when certain players aren''t available, thats also why i suggested Macca for Hoolahan. I have expected us not to get a result, but that doesn''t mean that i think we wont get promoted, that we should change everything. Its just a few subtle changes to try to get back to winning ways asap. If you''ve seen the recent games surely you cant argue we have been poor and yesterday was on the cards.[/quote]

What your missing Jed is although we haven''t played well we''ve still won - a sign of a good team.

Your entitled to your opinion, and I don''t think my above OP is directed towards people like yourself who actually come back with reasoned responses and suggested improvements. But when the results (wins) are coming in its hard to put across.

McNamee (i presume you meant him and not McVeigh) will be good cover for Hoolahan when he is injured but as a replacement I''m not sure, I don''t see your arguement with Lappin but I do see your arguement with Nelson.

I have seen recent games, I can''t argue we''ve been poor, I can argue we have been getting the results and I can also argue the reason yesterday was on the cards is because Millwall are a good team and even better at home.  

[/quote]The sign of a good team or a p.iss poor league... or a bit of both perhaps???Why are people saying that McNamee will be a good replacement for Hoolahan?  McNamee is a winger with pace and a very good cross on him.  He has never played down the centre of the pitch.  He creates but scores few goals.

[quote user="ref89"]Spot on, Smudger disappears for months and is then back when we lose.  pathetic.Nelson and Doc know they have Whitbread, Spillane and Askou pushing for a place, which is GOOD NEWS.  I suspect we will see Whitbread and Askou as the key pairing once both are match fit.  So I see no bad news there we used Nelson when we had to, but I do not doubt he will be on the bench for the next match.Our midfield has struggled during the past three games yes, but we have options to try, and until yesterday we had not lost with that midfield or formation.  NOBODY would have changed a winning system.As soon as we start to enjoy things again people come along and moan after ONE LOSS.  If we lose the next two then we can start to ask questions,  Until then shut the hell up and enjoy the ride.[/quote]Disappears for months?  I have been to the last 8 games!I agree with what you have to say about partnering Whitbread with Askou when both are fit.

A piss poor league we''re in. We''re not a championship team in league one! We''re in a league we deserve to be in.

The point re mcnamee when we played swindon he played in the same role as hoolahan which is why I think people think he''s his back up