Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

HANDBALL!!!!!

Just seen the match highlights on Late Kick Off and reviewed our final chance with an overhead kick (Martin?) from Doc''s excellent flick on. It looked on target before the hand and Martin is reliably accurate.

The Millwall defender handled it; his arms were high and away from his body, the ball went to the opposite side of the goal keeper and visibly slowed down. It was a clear penalty.

Our marking was poor. It looked like Wes and Korey were at fault and Nelson looked cllumsy.

I like Zak but he didn''t look any quicker than Doc at the end and was lucky not to get a red....thanks ref!

All in all though it looked a narrow margin and we will not have to improve much to beat Brighton.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Just seen the match highlights on Late Kick Off and reviewed our final chance with an overhead kick (Martin?) from Doc''s excellent flick on. It looked on target before the hand and Martin is reliably accurate.

The Millwall defender handled it; his arms were high and away from his body, the ball went to the opposite side of the goal keeper and visibly slowed down. It was a clear penalty.

Our marking was poor. It looked like Wes and Korey were at fault and Nelson looked cllumsy.

I like Zak but he didn''t look any quicker than Doc at the end and was lucky not to get a red....thanks ref!

All in all though it looked a narrow margin and we will not have to improve much to beat Brighton.[/quote]Funny you should say that - I did think it looked like he palmed the ball away, but to be honest don''t really think it made up for our flaccid performance.Can''t quite understand why, a) Whitbread made that ridiculous scissor challenge with approximately 2 seconds to go, or b) why the referee decided to let it go - surely it was cast iron?Nelson looks shaky, but is improving as a stopper. Never going to be a cultured ball playing CB, but I suppose that is nothing to be sniffed at in this league. Slightly concerned with Whitbread, he seems to look the part but overcommited massively during our last home game and got done a few times, and didn''t impress too much against Milwall. It''s probably too early to judge, but I''m not convinced Whitbread is the complete player he''s been made out to be.

From what I can see the answer on Whitbred is simple. He is slightly nervous whilst also over trying to try and impress which is not a good idea for a CB. Settled in the side it looks like he could be quality.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

From what I can see the answer on Whitbred is simple. He is slightly nervous whilst also over trying to try and impress which is not a good idea for a CB. Settled in the side it looks like he could be quality.

[/quote]Probably right, but it does worry me a bit that he seems to go to ground so early. Still - more than happy to give him time, and there''s still Askou to return!