Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

So what was the atmosphear at millwall like?

There was many many very loud and aggressive fans. Most werent watching the game, but rather staring at us singing.

Millwall started off very, very quiet, and only made a bit of noise once they equalised. Once they went 1 up they were a bit better, and we got a bit quieter. They also have this thing of making one long, repetitive noise. Like a klaxon. JUst everyone making the same sound for about 10 seconds. Very weird.

now people talk about home field advantage and I often argue how in football I never really feel it is as obvious as in other sports... but that is a home field advantage

I loved it, not at all the type to provoke and certainly didn''t... but there fans, were fantastically noisy. In fact I usually was laughing at there taunts, nothing was rude or disrespectful

Chatting to a few millwall fans on the train south of the ground and they were saying the other biggest crowd they had had this year was against afc wimbledon... In fact that so few away fans come only about 150 (if you looked in the programme) that there is no atmosphere

I thought noise was fantastic a real cauldron and happily say I would definately go back whenever we play, a real atmosphere

It wasn''t intimidating at all (in or around the ground) but I thought they were incredibly noisy given how small the stadium is, was very impressed.

Quite frankly we couldn''t match them for noise and atmosphere. Was good to see singing from all around the ground too, especially the two touchline stands.

[quote user="smooth"]now people talk about home field advantage and I often argue how in football I never really feel it is as obvious as in other sports... but that is a home field advantage

I loved it, not at all the type to provoke and certainly didn''t... but there fans, were fantastically noisy. In fact I usually was laughing at there taunts, nothing was rude or disrespectful

Chatting to a few millwall fans on the train south of the ground and they were saying the other biggest crowd they had had this year was against afc wimbledon... In fact that so few away fans come only about 150 (if you looked in the programme) that there is no atmosphere

I thought noise was fantastic a real cauldron and happily say I would definately go back whenever we play, a real atmosphere[/quote]

In fact one of the best atmospheres i have been in for a football game, passion, noise for a full 90 minutes... none of this plastic football fandom or ground feel... a real football stadium with passionate fans throughout the stadium

[quote user="Allez17"]Millwall started off very, very quiet, and only made a bit of noise once they equalised. Once they went 1 up they were a bit better, and we got a bit quieter. They also have this thing of making one long, repetitive noise. Like a klaxon. JUst everyone making the same sound for about 10 seconds. Very weird.
[/quote]

Yea i remember that noise when they came here.. very annoying! but it is loud. i remember going to wolves away when they where so loud the hairs on the back of my neck where on end.. very intimidating...

We could do with a charnt that the whole ground could sing that creates a really loud noise. on the ball city doesn''t paticularly create a loud sound

[quote user="smooth"][quote user="smooth"]now people talk about home field advantage and I often argue how in football I never really feel it is as obvious as in other sports... but that is a home field advantage

I thought noise was fantastic a real cauldron and happily say I would definately go back whenever we play, a real atmosphere[/quote]

In fact one of the best atmospheres i have been in for a football game, passion, noise for a full 90 minutes... none of this plastic football fandom or ground feel... a real football stadium with passionate fans throughout the stadium[/quote]True. But the way they shouted so much abuse at any of our players near the touchline and threw bottles on the pitch, not throwing the ball back to our players etc. That was the ugly side of it. [N]

Wolves is so loud when full and rocking, wish we could be like that, I do remember when we beat the Gold Scum last year, that made my hairs stand up too. This is an age old debate on here, but we do need to make it intimidating for both the opposing fans and players.

yea i think in say 10 years time carrow road could get like that.. with the £1 tickets to children at the min alot of the ground is full of youngsters but if all these youngsters keep going when the get older then the n and p could be the new barclay[;)]

I thought the atmosphere was good!

Norwich fans were making noise and the Millwall fans were making lots as well!

As for intimidating, maybe if that was your 1st time at Millwall but if you''ve been there a few times then you apreciate the noise as its better than a quiet game!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I thought the atmosphere was good!

Norwich fans were making noise and the Millwall fans were making lots as well!

As for intimidating, maybe if that was your 1st time at Millwall but if you''ve been there a few times then you apreciate the noise as its better than a quiet game!

[/quote]

Well yea a good atmosphear is always much better, it doesn''t mean you don''t find it intimidating?

Brendan, shouting abuse at our players, not throwing the ball back, ugly? I don''t think that is at all bad

ok bottle, but that was directed to us fans and certainly was always going to drop short... but never did I think that it was threatening to our players... just a passionate game... and they get paid to go to away games every other game... of course they are going to be hounded and I for one would rather that type of atmosphere than a dull hum that I have so often sat in at carrow road and many other grounds

we mock opposing players with the barclay and the snake pit... and that is what gets the game going... how often does it add more spice to a game with an ex ipswich player... again I remember davis the former ipswich keeper for soton last season and something with a ball boy the whole riverend were outraged

football can be very dull and how often does a goal or a bad challenge get the game going

Like with previous posts, most of the stands all around the ground were singing not like carrow road where it is a couple of isolated pockets.

Millwall had groups of kids all giving it the usual to the away fans, nothing was deemed to be a threat to any of us.

Norwich fans seemed to want to watch the game where their were groups of Millwall fans that did not want to watch the game and just sing at us. So that would be why they made more constant noise.

I was actually sitting in the home end for this game, never again...I was sat in the west stand upper (the stand to the right of the norwich fans) two blocks away from the norwich fans and 5 seats away from  neil adams commentating....It was a good atmosphere, rare for all 3 sides of the home to generate it too (I especially liked the ''down at the den'' tune, something original unlike generic football music) it was intimidating though and it''s not just 14yr old chavs where I was, the worst bit was without a doubt having to ''celebrate'' the millwall goals..wasnt too bad when chris martin scored I just sat there feeling smug inside but obviously my natural reaction when millwall scored was to not jump up immeditaely. It was hard in the second halve when we were playing poor not to give away the fact I was a norwich fan sitting in a very vocefious block but at the end of the day if you don''t act stupid and keep your wits about you it''s fine..at no point in the whole day did I feel threatened pre/post game although clearly I wasn''t wearing any norwich related stuff!On a side note, walking from the stadium in amongst all the home fans and some pretty shabby surronding areas most millwall fans were actually very complimentary of the norwich support although they rightly questioned on that display how we were top! but in Zak Whitebread we have a VERY good player, he was also the subject of a few convo''s I overheard and they all agreed he was a big miss and a quality player

I thought the atmosphere was great fun, it was verey noisy and we bettered them throughout the first half, my friends brother in law is a millwall fan and conceded we were very very loud in the first half, obviously the millwall fans got a lot louder after they went 2-1 up but in general i don''t think we gave too bad a account of ourselves.

The atmosphere in the ground was very good. From where i was standing in the upper tier we sounded pretty loud, but then you''re in the middle of it and in a poor position to hear the overall sound. Didnt feel at all threatened or intimidated.After the match was a completely different story. We had parked up at a backstreet pub just over the river. Trouble is the only two of our group that knew its exact location had got thrown out in the first half. This left five of us to try and make our way back through the streets of South London. Interesting times [;)]

It was superb wasn''t it, you''d never get that in the Prem I don''t think! it was a great ground too i thought.You can''t change some people''s mentality, so all of that ball throwing to give Fraser the runaround up at the other end or when we had throw ins was the be expected, it''s just how those people are, very annoying though.I found al of their lip laughable, loved how they kicked off at the ref at EVERY free kick they conceded and also when our boys took the ball further down the line when taking a throw in!

Some people commented it would be good to get some kind of chant where we could create that wall of noise like Millwall do.Well that''s called the Millwall roar, and all they chant is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLWALL - holding the first syllable for as long as they can keep breathing out then finishing, just to start again. Because everyone starts and finishes then starts again at different times, when it really gets going it is constant, and people have commented that even just a handful of fans can really make themselves heard.We could do that with YEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLOWS, can''t see it taking off though - people have been trying it for years

The last thing we would ever want to do is copy Millwall in any way. I thought Wall were pretty quiet until they went 2-1 up then they made some noise, but other than that it was nothing special. But god they have some muggy little pi!cks for fans, so many 13 year old council estate chavs giving it mouth from the stands. It wasn''t as bad as Wolves away but it was still pretty bad.

I think Carrow road can be pretty quiet wembley and for sure it is louder than the majority of away games I have been too

loved seeing little chavs, again laughable... its all they have got... finally a home ground that has a genuine home field advantage... loved how the crowd can swarm towards the sideline instead of sit like sardines at so many grounds

to say it wasn''t different or special is wrong... there were 11,000 millwall fans all who played there part... but they did also appreciate good football from their team

when chatting to a few millwall fans on the train they said at wembley last year was amazing scunthorpe brought 8000 fans to their 44000

millwall fans were unbelievably loud and times and fair play to them. our end was poor but it was always gonna be  with so many gimps there.

[quote user="marchisio"]millwall fans were unbelievably loud and times and fair play to them. our end was poor but it was always gonna be  with so many gimps there.[/quote]I''m sorry. It didnt seem especially quiet or poor from where i was. And where exactly do you get off by saying stuff like that?