Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Why all of a sudden........

Are we questioning every goal that we conceed???

Did we care about Hartlepools goal, Walsalls goal or exeters goal?? No course we didnt!!!

Yet we are questioning both Millwalls goals, for everysingle goal that is scored in the country, someone is at fault, someone hasnt picked up their man, someone hasnt tracked back! No one gives a toss about the goals we conceed when we win, but when we loose its a different story! Its pathetic!

God we are a fickle lot!

One week were telling the Leeds fans that come on here how better we are then them,

the next after 1 defeat, were questioning Lappin and Smith, Wanting to give Hoolahan a rest, Slagging off the 2 new full back and even asking for an apolgy off Grany Holt!

Come on lads, we cant sing ''were going up'' minute then come on here like its the end of the world after one defeat!

Weve lost one game, the law of averages says were going to do that, this one happened to beat against a good side, away at an intimidating atmosphere, on an ''off'' day and without our inspiration captain. 

Weve had a fantastic season so far, we would have taken 2nd place before the season started, he have Mcnally looking after business affairs, a class Paul Lambert in charge, a couple of really class indviduals that for the most of the season have performed oustandingly and weve showed grit and determination to come from behind to win games.

We have a crucial 3 games coming up in March Swindon, Huddersfield and Leeds! Instead of pin pointing mistakes and poor peformances, lets get behind the boys and make sure we end the season well, no annomosity, no negitive feelings, no excuses!

Everyteam as a blip, thats our first under Lambert, lets hope its for one game only and were back to winning ways Saturday!!!

OTBC!!!! 

Joking aside, yeah it really crawls up my arse when the forum armchair manager appear after a defeat and know exactly what Lambert should have done, or should do for the next game.Reality check people, thats why he''s a football manager and you''re not.[:)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But, be fair, Morty. How would Lambert have handled all those Col U stewards?[/quote]All 25 of them, that were armed with hybrid alsatian dogs that also spat killer bees?[:)]

champions are teams who can still play poor and get the win .

we have lost one game since october home and away.

im not bothered it had to happen at sometime or another .

we will just take it out on brighton .

[quote user="CDMullins"]

the next after 1 defeat, were questioning Lappin and Smith, Wanting to give Hoolahan a rest, Slagging off the 2 new full back and even asking for an apolgy off Grany Holt!

[/quote]Yeah, leave his Granny alone! [;)]

I think that one reason for the sudden post-Millwall panic is not so much that we lost, but that it might usher in a bad run and all that the team has achieved this season and the enjoyment everyone has derived from it, will fall away.

Leeds had a bad league result a few weeks ago and it has led them to have a few now-Wycombe, Exeter, Swindon, Hartlepool....their huge lead, which everyone assumed would remain, was lost-ours is not so big, and, a few equivalent results could see us slip away as well. With promotion not a bonus, or a hope this season, but an absolute, categorical, for the good of the club, "MUST", its easy to get twitchy if there is the slightest sign of us looking like we might fail to achieve it, the Millwall loss has reminded us it isn''t a given, a loss at Brighton, well, the alarm bells really will be sounding then...

Its like if you are frightened of thunderstorms-the big clap of thunder in the middle of the night isn''t so scary as laying there, dreading the next one...even though it might never come!

If we win at Brighton-and we should, they are a "footballing" side, and we tend to do well against teams like that-people will calm down a little, at least, I hope so. That and then a home win to follow, the bums will be less squeaky than they are at the moment. It just needs one defeat, I remember, in the Championship season, we lost at Cardiff and it was all doom and gloom then for a while as well, but we rallied, and I am sure we will this time. Brighton, however, now becomes one of the most important games of the season thus far, and a win, any win, will do for me, as it will give the players a platform and renewed confidence to go on another run and start to play like we know they can, again...

i think its fairly rare for a team to have the kind of form we have had the last few months . to be honest i would have taken 6pts from 9 without our top striker .the bonus now is one more away game ,followed by 2 home games and charlton have been dropping loads of points of late ,i cant think for a minute that teams in 4th pace downwards will catch us for the simple reason we are better, and have players in our team who can score for fun .also we have a fully fit grant holt who has now had a good break half way through the season ,ready for the run in ,another bonus is askou is back .so on a injury front we are looking good apart from dury .

not that the players need a kick up the backside but im fairly confident they will want to go at brighton by the throat ,and lets face it i think we will..