Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Lappin not good enough

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]Ok let''s put it another way shall we?Your opinion please... Lappin, Doherty and Nelson good enough for the Championship?  Yes or No???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think the manager will be looking to change anything except for bringing Grant Holt back in to the team.

He''s such a big player for us, we were always going to miss him. The ball hasn''t been sticking upfront without him and he''s our most likely source of a goal.

Good managers know when to make changes but they don''t just make changes for the sake of them

He won''t suddenly rush to make changes just because we lost one tough away game today. He''ll bring Holt back, we all know that. If we then slip up at Brighton, he might make other changes. If we were then to slip up at home to Southampton that''d probably make it even more likely.

However, if we were to get good results in both of those games and kicked off another superb run of form he''ll keep it the same.

[/quote]

So you would run the risk of another two poor results before making changes would you?

Let''s hope Lambert is not reading your managerial tips book!
[/quote]

Well I wouldn''t hit the panic button just because a few people on the pink''un message board are getting their knickers in a twist.

What happens if he makes changes and we lose the next game? What happens if he drops Nelson for Whitbread and Brighton stick 5 past us?

Where does he go then? Make more changes?

Chopping and changing gets you nowhere. Everyone knows that. Don''t they?

I''d sit tight. See what happens when Grant Holt is back in the team. It''s been obvious we''ve missed his presence upfront.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]

Ok let''s put it another way shall we?

Your opinion please... Lappin, Doherty and Nelson good enough for the Championship?  Yes or No???
[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]

Where you there?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think the manager will be looking to change anything except for bringing Grant Holt back in to the team.

He''s such a big player for us, we were always going to miss him. The ball hasn''t been sticking upfront without him and he''s our most likely source of a goal.

Good managers know when to make changes but they don''t just make changes for the sake of them

He won''t suddenly rush to make changes just because we lost one tough away game today. He''ll bring Holt back, we all know that. If we then slip up at Brighton, he might make other changes. If we were then to slip up at home to Southampton that''d probably make it even more likely.

However, if we were to get good results in both of those games and kicked off another superb run of form he''ll keep it the same.

[/quote]So you would run the risk of another two poor results before making changes would you?Let''s hope Lambert is not reading your managerial tips book![/quote]

Well I wouldn''t hit the panic button just because a few people on the pink''un message board are getting their knickers in a twist.

What happens if he makes changes and we lose the next game? What happens if he drops Nelson for Whitbread and Brighton stick 5 past us?

I''d sit tight. See what happens when Grant Holt is back in the team. It''s been obvious we''ve missed his presence upfront.

[/quote]Tut tut, begone with your logic.Smudger knows better.[:)]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

LOL @ smudge finally finding something to moan about...

...and colin licking his arse as usual.

[/quote]

Where you there?.....Scaredy tw@t.....All mouth and trousers.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]Ok let''s put it another way shall we?Your opinion please... Lappin, Doherty and Nelson good enough for the Championship?  Yes or No???[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]So you have no opinion then?Surely you believe in the players currently sitting at the heart of our defence and the mighty King of SPAM?  Otherwise you would be knocking these weak links in our team along with the others who have witnessed many poor performances recently and saw todays result coming a mile off and how it could of been prevented???

1st Smug, we are not in the championship, so as usual irrelevant.

2, not so mello, it''s where are you not where you there and what has where I am got to do with anything and why does a self confessed binner care?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]So you would run the risk of another two poor results before making changes would you?Let''s hope Lambert is not reading your managerial tips book![/quote]

[/quote]Brighton won''t stick 5 past us and if Lambert does not believe that the players which he signed are a step up from those that we already had here then why the hell did he sign them in the first place???OK I can accept that he did not want to change a winning team or unbeaten team even.  We have now lost Mr Lambert, time to give your signings the chances that on the evidence of the brief glimpses we have had of them they more than deserve!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]

Your opinion please... Lappin, Doherty and Nelson good enough for the Championship?  Yes or No???
[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]

So you have no opinion then?

Surely you believe in the players currently sitting at the heart of our defence and the mighty King of SPAM?  Otherwise you would be knocking these weak links in our team along with the others who have witnessed many poor performances recently and saw todays result coming a mile off and how it could of been prevented???
[/quote]

Mmmmmm,

of course I do. Just not in the mood.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

So you would run the risk of another two poor results before making changes would you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brighton won''t stick 5 past us and if Lambert does not believe that the players which he signed are a step up from those that we already had here then why the hell did he sign them in the first place???

OK I can accept that he did not want to change a winning team or unbeaten team even.  We have now lost Mr Lambert, time to give your signings the chances that on the evidence of the brief glimpses we have had of them they more than deserve!
[/quote]

Maybe because he wanted to improve the overall strength of the squad. Maybe so that if we got injuries we wouldn''t be completely f*cked.

I''m sure Lambert will bring new faces into the team when required/when the time is right.

But suddenly dropping players who''ve played a big part in putting us where we are in the league would be umm....stupid. Yeah, stupid. You show faith in your players.

I remember when we played Leeds away all the drama queens wanted him to take Rusty off because he had been booked. But Lambert stuck by him. He showed faith in him. Has Darel Russell let us down this season? Not once.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]The position of your body doesn''t seem to have stopped your brain from being in cloud cookoo land smug, do you really think you are better placed to pick the team than Mr Lambert?[/quote]Ok let''s put it another way shall we?Your opinion please... Lappin, Doherty and Nelson good enough for the Championship?  Yes or No???[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]So you have no opinion then?Surely you believe in the players currently sitting at the heart of our defence and the mighty King of SPAM?  Otherwise you would be knocking these weak links in our team along with the others who have witnessed many poor performances recently and saw todays result coming a mile off and how it could of been prevented???[/quote]

Mmmmmm,

[/quote]Don''t worry... I am sure you will not have to defend these 3 very poor players for much longer as I am sure that none of them will be in Lambert''s long-term plans!

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Brighton won''t stick 5 past us and if Lambert does not believe that the players which he signed are a step up from those that we already had here then why the hell did he sign them in the first place???OK I can accept that he did not want to change a winning team or unbeaten team even.  We have now lost Mr Lambert, time to give your signings the chances that on the evidence of the brief glimpses we have had of them they more than deserve![/quote]

Maybe because he wanted to improve the overall strength of the squad. Maybe so that if we got injuries we wouldn''t be completely f*cked.

I''m sure Lambert will bring new faces into the team when required/when the time is right.

But suddenly dropping players who''ve played a big part in putting us where we are in the league would be umm....stupid. Yeah, stupid. You show faith in your players.

I remember when we played Leeds away all the drama queens wanted him to take Rusty off because he had been booked. But Lambert stuck by him. He showed faith in him. Has Darel Russell let us down this season? Not once.

[/quote]Forgive me, but the idea of signing a player is to improve upon what you already have in the first team, with a few of those playing in the first team becoming squad members if the new signings fit in as well as you anticipated surely???Surely the time is right... WE HAVE JUST LOST!You however would like to wait to see if we mess up another two games before making changes.  If you can''t see that Whitbread is far superior to the two who we are playing centre half at the moment then there really is no hope for you!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]

Surely you believe in the players currently sitting at the heart of our defence and the mighty King of SPAM?  Otherwise you would be knocking these weak links in our team along with the others who have witnessed many poor performances recently and saw todays result coming a mile off and how it could of been prevented???
[/quote]

Mmmmmm,

[/quote]

Don''t worry... I am sure you will not have to defend these 3 very poor players for much longer as I am sure that none of them will be in Lambert''s long-term plans!
[/quote]

Bit of a wild assumption there smudger, you might be a little off the pace.

We should remember that after our last unbeaten run came to an end at Carlisle in the FA Cup ,Lambert dropped Otsemebor citing that he needed to "freshen things up", so there clearly is previous here. Sooner or later every manager''s desire is to create an entire team purely of his own signings, its only a matter of time that Whitebread for instance gets in the team, this defeat today is just the excuse to do it.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]So you have no opinion then?Surely you believe in the players currently sitting at the heart of our defence and the mighty King of SPAM?  Otherwise you would be knocking these weak links in our team along with the others who have witnessed many poor performances recently and saw todays result coming a mile off and how it could of been prevented???[/quote]

Mmmmmm,

[/quote]Don''t worry... I am sure you will not have to defend these 3 very poor players for much longer as I am sure that none of them will be in Lambert''s long-term plans![/quote]

[/quote]Nope -  it is you Nelson and the Doc who are a little slow! [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brighton won''t stick 5 past us and if Lambert does not believe that the players which he signed are a step up from those that we already had here then why the hell did he sign them in the first place???

OK I can accept that he did not want to change a winning team or unbeaten team even.  We have now lost Mr Lambert, time to give your signings the chances that on the evidence of the brief glimpses we have had of them they more than deserve!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forgive me, but the idea of signing a player is to improve upon what you already have in the first team, with a few of those playing in the first team becoming squad members if the new signings fit in as well as you anticipated surely???

Surely the time is right... WE HAVE JUST LOST!

You however would like to wait to see if we mess up another two games before making changes.  If you can''t see that Whitbread is far superior to the two who we are playing centre half at the moment then there really is no hope for you!
[/quote]

1 - How would you change it for the game at Brighton next weekend?

2 - What would you do if that team, following your changes, got pasted 5-0?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

We should remember that after our last unbeaten run came to an end at Carlisle in the FA Cup ,Lambert dropped Otsemebor citing that he needed to "freshen things up", so there clearly is previous here. Sooner or later every manager''s desire is to create an entire team purely of his own signings, its only a matter of time that Whitebread for instance gets in the team, this defeat today is just the excuse to do it.

[/quote]

We had a lovely run going under Roeder. We took a defeat at Leicester (if I remember correctly). He made changes. We went downhill, badly.

Kneejerk reactions and showing a lack of faith in players who have helped put you into a good position is just such a bad idea. That''s just basic.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

maybe, maybe not

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mmmmmm,

[/quote]

Don''t worry... I am sure you will not have to defend these 3 very poor players for much longer as I am sure that none of them will be in Lambert''s long-term plans!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope -  it is you Nelson and the Doc who are a little slow! [:P]
[/quote]

I think you''ve sold yourself a dummy, you thought I was going one way but have misread the game. Keep your eye on the ball. I''ll review your performance tomorrow.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Brighton won''t stick 5 past us and if Lambert does not believe that the players which he signed are a step up from those that we already had here then why the hell did he sign them in the first place???OK I can accept that he did not want to change a winning team or unbeaten team even.  We have now lost Mr Lambert, time to give your signings the chances that on the evidence of the brief glimpses we have had of them they more than deserve![/quote]

[/quote]Forgive me, but the idea of signing a player is to improve upon what you already have in the first team, with a few of those playing in the first team becoming squad members if the new signings fit in as well as you anticipated surely???Surely the time is right... WE HAVE JUST LOST!You however would like to wait to see if we mess up another two games before making changes.  If you can''t see that Whitbread is far superior to the two who we are playing centre half at the moment then there really is no hope for you![/quote]

1 - How would you change it for the game at Brighton next weekend?

2 - What would you do if that team, following your changes, got pasted 5-0?

[/quote]Whitbread for Nelson and either McNamee or Hughes for Lappin.Obviously Holt in for CodyMake those changes and there is no way that we will lose 5-0 at Brighton

[quote user="Smudger"]Totally agree with the original poster, he is spot on... [Y]Simon Lappin - King of SPAM never puts a tackle in, whinges at his team mates for his errors constantly and in recent weeks when we have needed to make changes he has been left on the pitch while Lambert has withdrawn the very hard working Korey Smith.  McNamee is the ideal replacement for Lappin on the left side and Lambert seems to be shifting the team around a player who offers very little to the team at the moment in my opinion.GREAT POST... although you obviously talk far too much sense for the majority of mere mortal City fans to understand where you are coming from! [*][*][*][*][*]

[/quote]Come on now, Smudger. Do you really think that an out-and-out winger is the appropriate replacement for a centre-left midfielder playing as part of a midfield diamond?

By your logic smug we should drop the entire team as they are clearly not good enough for the premier league. We are in league one at the top of the table these players have got us there. They are clearly good enough at this level, lets enjoy this season and if we get promoted look to see where we can strengthen. As for your seeing this coming, no $hit, we all thought the run would last forever, if you think that with your guidance we could have won the league at a canter without losing another match then you''re even more deluded than I thought, perhaps you should turn your mighty intellect to world hunger

I have never totally been convinced with lappin, always seen him as a squad player, however he has fitted the system. But I would not say he is guaranteed a position if we were to go up.

We will have money and now be an attractive club to come to... Lappin is adequate he fits the bill... but he isn''t going to get any better or be a threat in the championship

Don''t think there is a major issue, as I have said many of our team can be replaced, just with better players

They are good enough in this division however we do have to look at always improving, you are only as good as your worst or lesser team mates... I think you can split the team defence, midfield and attack and outline our weaker players in the first 11

we will be looking to buy starters not squad players, this position will be looked at... lappin has had a good season, I am sure he woudl have at least have wanted a goal... but well done this season... but he is a player that can be repalced if we go up

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]1st Smug, we are not in the championship, so as usual irrelevant. 2, not so mello, it''s where are you not where you there and what has where I am got to do with anything and why does a self confessed binner care?[/quote]

Where and were?.....I was quite drunk - so I don''t care! So there!

Were you their?

Who''s the binner? Me?

So, I toddle off to to the New Den to cheer on the Lions against NCFC?....Yep, I''m a binbag.

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]By your logic smug we should drop the entire team as they are clearly not good enough for the premier league. We are in league one at the top of the table these players have got us there. They are clearly good enough at this level, lets enjoy this season and if we get promoted look to see where we can strengthen. As for your seeing this coming, no $hit, we all thought the run would last forever, if you think that with your guidance we could have won the league at a canter without losing another match then you''re even more deluded than I thought, perhaps you should turn your mighty intellect to world hunger[/quote]

Where does he say that Zachariah?. In my eyes  Smudger has many views that are very relavent. Whitbread is a cut above Nelson who is nothing more than a sunday league pub footballer, Whitbread in his 15-20 minutes on the pitch yesterday certainly looked the part and IMHO is the best centre back we have on the clubs books presently. As regards Doc yes he has played well this season but for gawds sake we are in Division 3 and perhaps he has found his level this season because lets face it he is error prone and that has been proven in the championship over a number of years. If Askou was fit for me, him and Whitbraed are our best central defence partnership.....

As regards Lappin yes he is left sided and adds balance to the team, but as Smudger says he has been poor in the last three games, granted we won two but played badly in both those wins. Lappin ducks out of every 50-50 challenge/can''t head/can''t shoot/can''t kick a ball with his right foot yeah but hes got a great left foot so shoulkd that guarentee him a place in the team?

For me Whitbread has to come into the side initially for Nelson next week and obviously we will have Holt back up top who we have greatly missed for sure, that will give the team some much needed freshness and improve the starting XI. Lappin has to  do better  than he has produced for the last three games but should be given another opportunity to hold onto his starting place but if he continues in this vain of form Hughes deserves a chance....

Ps. Nelson/Doc/Lappin if we do achieve promotion which I expect us to do so are not good enough starters for NCFC, something else he talks perfect sense about.......

Agree with the lot and I go to nearly every game. He is pants. What I also find amusing is the fact that some fans talk about how badly he was treated and how he stuck by the club and didn''t leave. That people is because he is/was one of the top earners at the club and no other team would have been stupid enough to take him on and pay anything like what we were. Get hughes in now, Lappin was weak as water yesterday and got out fought, out thought and out played. End of winge. x