Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Lappin not good enough

[quote user="funny old game"]

Morty, You''re far to easy, it a bit like fishin in bath full of starvin trout, two replies two bites... EASY EASY !! 

Yes Ive played to a reasonable standard, watch closely in future, don''t confuse effort & goal celibrations for quality.

No doom & gloom here, we should piss this league, just making an observation, thats why we can all post on here.

Did Hughes change the game when introduced at half time against Huddesfield? ...Yes FACT    

[/quote]True. Lappin was very lucky to stay on the pitch for the full 90 today.Not so much on the basis of his performance (although i couldn''t say i rated it anyway), as much as us having practically the whole side on the left-hand area of the pitch apart from Russell Martin and Oli Johnson. Having Rose, Lappin, McNamee and Chris Martin down the left was a bit of a mistake in my mind, and our exposed right-hand side needed some support, and i believe bringing on Gill or Hughes for Lappin would of been entirely necessary if we hoped to get anything out of the game.Oh well, lets hope our performances move from spirited (seen in our last 4 games) to assured (like we saw against Huddersfield, the last Millwall game, and Colchester).

Getting things into perspective:

Today was our 1st League defeat since October at Leeds!

Lappins no worldbeater but hes been very good this season and has added a tenacious side to his game that hasn''t been seen beforer!

Some of your points are true but saying Lappins sh*te is ridiculous!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Getting things into perspective:

Lappins no worldbeater but hes been very good this season and has added a tenacious side to his game that hasn''t been seen beforer!

Some of your points are true but saying Lappins sh*te is ridiculous![/quote]We have all been fished by an expert troll apparently.Or more like when most people didn''t agree he decided to try and pretend its all a wind up.Brilliant.[Y]

I have just ceremonially burned my season tickets receipts for next season.

Clearly we are in terminal decline, and unless Lambert makes at least six changes next week I fear that we will be on an unstoppable slide.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="funny old game"]

I think the sooner this winging light wait is replaced by Stephen Hughes the sooner we will get back to creating chances. My reasons for this statement are as follows,

1 His general distribution is much poorer than many on hear claim

2 His deadball distribution is pathetic

3 His attitude toward other players is terrible, when he makes a mistake he moans, waves his arms & points at his nearest colleague

4. His attitude toward the ref, again moaning at every decision.   

I think he won many friends during roeders time because of his treatment but that is history & hughes is better so get him out,

King of spain my arse

more like a case of the kings new clothes... wake up people hes not good enough.  

[/quote]Yes he was poor today, but he is usually on the money....one bad game doesnt make him a bad player!!!!!

and as for moaning at the ref....have u ever played the game????  [:|]

[/quote]

Did either of you watch the game today?

[/quote]No, but what has that to do with my reply?[/quote]

No big deal, the OP seemed to get his criticism on here quick and although you defended Lappin you did say he was poor today. I only listened on the radio and don''t feel able to judge how he played, and all i really heard was his corners were poor. Just trying to get the picture.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I have just ceremonially burned my season tickets receipts for next season.

Clearly we are in terminal decline, and unless Lambert makes at least six changes next week I fear that we will be on an unstoppable slide.

[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Getting things into perspective:

Some of your points are true but saying Lappins sh*te is ridiculous![/quote]Mostly true.Never once have i come close to saying he''s "sh*te" though.

[quote user="morty"]Actually just checked and you''re not Painboy.

As good as though.

You annoying tit.

Morty, how rude! if you go to post " leeds fans opinions on our players" 5 pages back you`ll realise you`re well off the mark Melody, spamboy

wasnt half as much fun as this, what do you think of another of my opinions - McNamee to start.   
[/quote]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ill go have a look in a sec :)
I love it how people over react to an away game loss where we are missing arguably our best player !
Funny how the
We are gonna win changes to ....

[img]http://home.btconnect.com/rdi/frazer.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

So that is what Lappinitup looks like.

I find it laughable that any City fan can moan about players moaning at refs having hero worshipped Darren Huckerby the past 7 years.

Lappin''s a good player, he had a bad day today, thats all. Having said that I would be interested to see what Hughes can do in his place for a game or two.

[quote user="funny old game"]

I think the sooner this winging light wait is replaced by Stephen Hughes the sooner we will get back to creating chances. My reasons for this statement are as follows,

3 His attitude toward other players is terrible, when he makes a mistake he moans, waves his arms & points at his nearest colleague

I think he won many friends during roeders time because of his treatment but that is history & hughes is better so get him out,

King of spain my arse

more like a case of the kings new clothes... wake up people hes not good enough.  

[/quote]Are you for real ?He has been one of our best players this season !Along with holt, wes and martin, those guys have shot us up the table.The whole team lost today, not just the king of spain !!!!!!

Totally agree with the original poster, he is spot on... [Y]Simon Lappin - King of SPAM never puts a tackle in, whinges at his team mates for his errors constantly and in recent weeks when we have needed to make changes he has been left on the pitch while Lambert has withdrawn the very hard working Korey Smith.  McNamee is the ideal replacement for Lappin on the left side and Lambert seems to be shifting the team around a player who offers very little to the team at the moment in my opinion.GREAT POST... although you obviously talk far too much sense for the majority of mere mortal City fans to understand where you are coming from! [*][*][*][*][*]

[quote user="Lambo"]I find it laughable that any City fan can moan about players moaning at refs having hero worshipped Darren Huckerby the past 7 years.

Lappin''s a good player, he had a bad day today, thats all. Having said that I would be interested to see what Hughes can do in his place for a game or two.[/quote]Why would you be interested to see what Hughes can do in Lappin''s place if Lappin is such a great player?Surely you would not like to see what Hughes can do in Lappin''s place if you did not feel that Hughes do better or make the team stronger??? [:$]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="funny old game"]

King of spain my arse

[/quote]Yes he was poor today, but he is usually on the money....one bad game doesnt make him a bad player!!!!!

and as for moaning at the ref....have u ever played the game????  [:|]

[/quote]When was Lappin''s last good game for us?Poor against Millwall... poor against Hartlepool.... poor against Walsall.... shall we go on???

[quote user="morty"]People, seriously have a word with yourselves.If he wasn''t good enough do you really think Lambert would be picking him?[:)][/quote]I am beginning to wonder... [:|]Lambert is also picking Nelson and Doherty over the far superior Whitbread at the moment also.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wonder if Lambert will use this defeat as an opportunity to make some changes. When your''e on an 8 match winning streak it''s hard to justify even if you believe that there are better players in reserve,   Maybe as is suggested Hughes for Lappin, but certainly one or both of Askou/Whitbread for Nelson/Doherty?[/quote]Agree with this... [Y]It is difficult for Lambert to justify making changes when we are on such a winning streak.  I still think that if he believed he could make the team stronger then these changes should of been made over the last couple of weeks or so though.  We were very lucky to pick up 3 points against Brentford, Walsall and Hartlepool in particular and the signs have been on the wall for a while now that changes to the team were required.

[quote user="cityangel"]We lose one game in the last 18 league game and here come the moaners [:@][/quote]Let''s not forget the standard of the teams we are up against CA.... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]People, seriously have a word with yourselves.If he wasn''t good enough do you really think Lambert would be picking him?[:)][/quote]I am beginning to wonder... [:|]Lambert is also picking Nelson and Doherty over the far superior Whitbread at the moment also.[/quote]If you are beginning to wonder if you know more about football management than Paul Lambert, then I would stop wondering if I were you.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]People, seriously have a word with yourselves.If he wasn''t good enough do you really think Lambert would be picking him?[:)][/quote]I am beginning to wonder... [:|]Lambert is also picking Nelson and Doherty over the far superior Whitbread at the moment also.[/quote]If you are beginning to wonder if you know more about football management than Paul Lambert, then I would stop wondering if I were you.[:)][/quote]Well if he could not see this defeat coming with the team that he has been putting out over the last few weeks when many fans could I am beginning to wonder.It is easy to take points in this very poor league.How can you comment on something that you have not seen?I have seen all of our last 8 matches and we have been far from the well oiled machine that many on here would have you believe.I ask again when was Simon Lappin''s last good game for us??? [:^)]

If dear old Smuger (sic) knew as much about making money as he does about running a football club and football management we would be top of the premier league with him as owner, chief exec and manager

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]If dear old Smuger (sic) knew as much about making money as he does about running a football club and football management we would be top of the premier league with him as owner, chief exec and manager[/quote]Hahahahaha.

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]If dear old Smuger (sic) knew as much about making money as he does about running a football club and football management we would be top of the premier league with him as owner, chief exec and manager[/quote]Were you there today Zach?Were you at Hartlepool at home and Walsall away?Wycombe away maybe?Maybe you could give us your expert opinions on what has been happening on the pitch in recent weeks???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]People, seriously have a word with yourselves.If he wasn''t good enough do you really think Lambert would be picking him?[:)][/quote]I am beginning to wonder... [:|]Lambert is also picking Nelson and Doherty over the far superior Whitbread at the moment also.[/quote]If you are beginning to wonder if you know more about football management than Paul Lambert, then I would stop wondering if I were you.[:)][/quote]Well if he could not see this defeat coming with the team that he has been putting out over the last few weeks when many fans could I am beginning to wonder.It is easy to take points in this very poor league.How can you comment on something that you have not seen?I have seen all of our last 8 matches and we have been far from the well oiled machine that many on here would have you believe.I ask again when was Simon Lappin''s last good game for us??? [:^)][/quote]I go to every home game, I can''t afford to go to away as well, so I see plenty mate.You, however, don''t see the players every day in training, and know who is carrying knocks etc.You talk a lot but don''t know much more than teh average fan, although you seem to think you do.Leave the manager shizzle to those that really know.[:)]

I don''t think the manager will be looking to change anything except for bringing Grant Holt back in to the team.

He''s such a big player for us, we were always going to miss him. The ball hasn''t been sticking upfront without him and he''s our most likely source of a goal.

Good managers know when to make changes but they don''t just make changes for the sake of them

He won''t suddenly rush to make changes just because we lost one tough away game today. He''ll bring Holt back, we all know that. If we then slip up at Brighton, he might make other changes. If we were then to slip up at home to Southampton that''d probably make it even more likely.

However, if we were to get good results in both of those games and kicked off another superb run of form he''ll keep it the same.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Every corner by Lappin, was a pass to their keeper....[/quote]It certainly was... McNamee (RUEL) showed him how you put a cross in when he came on.  I was dissapointed to see Korey withdrawn again though... it should of been Lappin that made way for Macca!

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think the manager will be looking to change anything except for bringing Grant Holt back in to the team.

He''s such a big player for us, we were always going to miss him. The ball hasn''t been sticking upfront without him and he''s our most likely source of a goal.

Good managers know when to make changes but they don''t just make changes for the sake of them

He won''t suddenly rush to make changes just because we lost one tough away game today. He''ll bring Holt back, we all know that. If we then slip up at Brighton, he might make other changes. If we were then to slip up at home to Southampton that''d probably make it even more likely.

However, if we were to get good results in both of those games and kicked off another superb run of form he''ll keep it the same.

[/quote]So you would run the risk of another two poor results before making changes would you?Let''s hope Lambert is not reading your managerial tips book!