Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Lee Croft

[quote user="birchfest"]By the sounds of it McNamee has pace AND a decent final ball so I cant see where he would fit?[/quote]While I agree I wouldn''t want Croft, where he would fit is obvious. On the right wing, the opposite flank to McNamee who for the last time is a LEFT winger

The idea that the club conspires to rig the player of the year award is absurd. How many would have to be involved ? Many it would seem if some ''minion'' of two years service readily knows about it.

What about previous directors, managers and office staff ? Have they all been sworn to secrecy ?

What would the club gain by this farce compared to what they would lose by having this supposed skulduggery being exposed. What would the individuals involved lose ?

It is maybe a measure of the stupidity of the poster who put this up that he believes we will unquestionally swallow this guff.

Perhaps he is from suffolk, that might explain things.

[quote user="paul moy"]Croft followed the money and showed no loyalty to the club when we needed him. Although I enjoyed watching him play, I have not missed him this season, and there is no way that he should ever play for Norwich again.  We need players that bleed yellow and green, not fairweather journeymen. [:@]  [/quote]A bit like Holt leaving Shrewsbury and coming to us then? Get real.Yes, Croft wasn''t a great crosser and yes it''s an important part of any winger''s game, but when he had the ball at his feet and he ran at the opposition, he often made them panic. Plus he put 100% into every game, unlike a lot of last year''s sad lot. He wasn''t perfect, but I think he''d be worth having in our squad again.

[quote user="City1st"]The idea that the club conspires to rig the player of the year award is absurd. How many would have to be involved ? Many it would seem if some ''minion'' of two years service readily knows about it.

What about previous directors, managers and office staff ? Have they all been sworn to secrecy ?

What would the club gain by this farce compared to what they would lose by having this supposed skulduggery being exposed. What would the individuals involved lose ?

It is maybe a measure of the stupidity of the poster who put this up that he believes we will unquestionally swallow this guff.

Perhaps he is from suffolk, that might explain things.[/quote]...snooping for the club are you?Sorry for my stupidity. While I''m here - unquestionably has a ''b'' - Suffolk has a capital S.......and you know nothing.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]Croft followed the money and showed no loyalty to the club when we needed him. Although I enjoyed watching him play, I have not missed him this season, and there is no way that he should ever play for Norwich again.  We need players that bleed yellow and green, not fairweather journeymen. [:@]  [/quote]

A bit like Holt leaving Shrewsbury and coming to us then? Get real.

Yes, Croft wasn''t a great crosser and yes it''s an important part of any winger''s game, but when he had the ball at his feet and he ran at the opposition, he often made them panic. Plus he put 100% into every game, unlike a lot of last year''s sad lot. He wasn''t perfect, but I think he''d be worth having in our squad again.
[/quote]

Holt obviously won''t be trying to go back to Shrewsbury very soon, and moved on the back of  a successful season with them . Croft has failed at Derby after playing a major part in a relegation season at Norwich, and will be no doubt be moving yet again from Derby due to failure this season. His record is not one that augurs well for his next move, and signing him again will be a retrograde step due to fitness issues, poor goal-scoring record, poor crossing and questionable loyalty.  He needs to play regularly to maintain his fitness, and under Lambert I simply cannot see that eventuality at all.   

[quote]...snooping for the club are you?Sorry for my stupidity. While I''m here - unquestionably has a ''b'' - Suffolk has a capital S.......and you know nothing.

[/quote]

If i was snooping for the club then I would know of the accuracy, or not, of your smears.

So perhaps for the benefit of us all you would care to substantiate the allegations made in your libellous post.

Oh, and as to a missing letter in one word in a post put up in the early hours of the morning I think your picking up on it reflects more on you than it does me. As to the county of suffolk having a capital letter it certainly does not for the folk up here - maybe though you could tell us why it concerns you so much.

Then also tell us what evidence you have for your your libellous claims.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]Croft followed the money and showed no loyalty to the club when we needed him. Although I enjoyed watching him play, I have not missed him this season, and there is no way that he should ever play for Norwich again.  We need players that bleed yellow and green, not fairweather journeymen. [:@]  [/quote]

Yes, Croft wasn''t a great crosser and yes it''s an important part of any winger''s game, but when he had the ball at his feet and he ran at the opposition, he often made them panic. Plus he put 100% into every game, unlike a lot of last year''s sad lot. He wasn''t perfect, but I think he''d be worth having in our squad again.
[/quote]

I know that I am oldfashioned but I believe in taking responsibility for what you do.  If you mess up at work then you sort it out and don''t run away and leave others to put things right.

I have nothing but contempt for players who play in relegated teams and then say "I''m not playing in that League" and leave to further their careers.   Everyone who took money from the club last season and left the sinking ship deserves to fail.  You took us down and you owe us.  If you won''t stay and get us back then shame on you.

Yes I am very angry about it and no, it is nothing like Holt leaving a club through a normal transfer. (By that logic I do not have a beef with Clingan who was sold but never said - as far as I know - that he was not prepared to play in League 1)

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]Croft followed the money and showed no loyalty to the club when we needed him. Although I enjoyed watching him play, I have not missed him this season, and there is no way that he should ever play for Norwich again.  We need players that bleed yellow and green, not fairweather journeymen. [:@]  [/quote]A bit like Holt leaving Shrewsbury and coming to us then? Get real.Yes, Croft wasn''t a great crosser and yes it''s an important part of any winger''s game, but when he had the ball at his feet and he ran at the opposition, he often made them panic. Plus he put 100% into every game, unlike a lot of last year''s sad lot. He wasn''t perfect, but I think he''d be worth having in our squad again.[/quote]

I know that I am oldfashioned but I believe in taking responsibility for what you do.  If you mess up at work then you sort it out and don''t run away and leave others to put things right.

I have nothing but contempt for players who play in relegated teams and then say "I''m not playing in that League" and leave to further their careers.   Everyone who took money from the club last season and left the sinking ship deserves to fail.  You took us down and you owe us.  If you won''t stay and get us back then shame on you.

Yes I am very angry about it and no, it is nothing like Holt leaving a club through a normal transfer. (By that logic I do not have a beef with Clingan who was sold but never said - as far as I know - that he was not prepared to play in League 1)

[/quote]David Marshall? What about Rusty, the Doc and Wes- it looked at one point as if all of them would be leaving us for Championship clubs. They''re still with us, but more by luck than judgement- what do you think of them? Football is a passion for us, but it''s a (short-lived) job for professional players. If they feel they need to move on to do the best they can for their career and their family, that''s life.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

David Marshall? What about Rusty, the Doc and Wes- it looked at one point as if all of them would be leaving us for Championship clubs. They''re still with us, but more by luck than judgement- what do you think of them?

Football is a passion for us, but it''s a (short-lived) job for professional players. If they feel they need to move on to do the best they can for their career and their family, that''s life.
[/quote]

Marshall - as Croft.  His errors cost us points (Derby) and he couldn''t wait to get out of here to further his international career

Rusty and Wes - No evidence that either of them wanted to leave though there was an offer for Rusty.

Doc - He took his time considering his options but made the right choice.  Whatever you think of his performances, he has shown loyalty to the club.

Football is a short career and we all have self interest to satisfy.  Those players were not bound to us for life but they owed us this season to put right last season in my view

The greatest loyalty in football has always been from the fan to their club. But never more so than the present time. There always were some "mercenary players and managers" but now, because of the rewards and the fact that clubs no longer really own their players and managers, there is little loyalty. Nowadays there''s not even any loyalty between some owners and their clubs. Rich men can own a succession of clubs which was unheard of in the past. I''d go as far as to say that the loyalty between the fans and their club is fast becoming a one way street. But at our club the return lane is still open which probably helps explain why we still sell out in league One.