Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Lee Croft

Top lad, met him in the city last night. Of course told him he can''t handle the truth! Shorter than I thought.

Given he isn''t getting a game at Derby, would you want to see him back at city? He obviously has ties with the area - his missus comes from Cromer I think?

Player of the year last year, wages may be an issue but he is proven in the Championship should be make it.

[quote user="Largey"]Come on then own up - who voted for him in the player of the season awards last year?[/quote]

and doesnt that say it all! a player as crap as him won POTY!

[quote user="Largey"]Come on then own up - who voted for him in the player of the season awards last year?[/quote]Nope, not me.Clingan here, best of a bad bunch.

Nope. He was quick, and could take on a defender on the odd occasion. But his crossing was disasterous. I would rather have Michael Nelson right mid.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Largey"]Come on then own up - who voted for him in the player of the season awards last year?[/quote]

Nope, not me.

Clingan here, best of a bad bunch.
[/quote]

Clingan for me too, he stick out like a sore thumb in our dire team last season.

As for Croft, no thank you, had a couple of good games, but then he also only had a couple of crosses per month and goals per year!

Just to second it though he is a top bloke.  Stayed at Stoke by Nayland golf club in October and the Derby squad was staying there for their game agaisnt Ipswich, and he happily chatted, about football and golf!

[quote user="Largey"]Given he isn''t getting a game at Derby........

.................................... proven in the Championship[/quote]I think you answered you own question. Proven to be a failure.

I didn''t vote him player of the season but I''d definitely have him back.

[quote user="Largey"]Come on then own up - who voted for him in the player of the season awards last year?[/quote]

I honestly voted for Clingan. He is one of the few players who left I would have back straight away in our starting XI.

I think he would excel in that holding role in the diamond. allowing rusty to push on. Hypothetical I know but hey it is a discussion site.

i didnt vote for any of them! not one deserved the title of "best player" last season... i''d of flogged em all if it was up to me!

I''ve actually never voted for anyone as I don''t know how to. Croft was never popular with me and I found it hard to think who could win it last year (didn''t we all though). Personally I felt that Clingan was the player who probably deserved it the most

As far as i''m concerned he jumped ship as soon as he could, only to be proved the grass is not always greener on the other side, he is nice bloke but would never want him back here.

[quote user="Largey"]

Top lad, met him in the city last night. Of course told him he can''t handle the truth! Shorter than I thought.

Given he isn''t getting a game at Derby, would you want to see him back at city? He obviously has ties with the area - his missus comes from Cromer I think?

Player of the year last year, wages may be an issue but he is proven in the Championship should be make it.

[/quote]

Nope, deserted a sinking ship, I would not welcome him back with open arms

I wanted to like him - because I always like to see wingers play. And Croft could run (when he lost some weight) and sometimes beat his man. But overall he was a miserable failure IMO and should never have been player of the year.Bell gave us far more assists, despite playing on the left wing, when he preferred the right.

I saw him last night in the city and god did he look lonely

I was at the game at millwall and did I miss him no... did I like him as a norwich player, thought he was totally overrated... never played a full 90 minutes and as many have said has now been found out at lowly derby

he will be lucky to get another contract at a club... his last big pay check was derby

does not compare to the wingers this club has had and glad he went

That is a mystery beyond all explanation.  When the result was announced everyone around me was struck with blank amazement

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

That is a mystery beyond all explanation.  When the result was announced everyone around me was struck with blank amazement

[/quote]Yeah, I was gobsmacked lol.No one deserved it that season but I thought Clingan was most likely!

Yes I remember the gasps of shock when Croft was announced as PoTS!

The most unjustified winner in the history of the Barry Butler award!

I know only 1 person who voted for Croft!

I''m still convinced it was fixed in order to try and tempt Croft into staying. Thank god it didn''t work!

Should of been either Clingan or Doherty!