Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Guess the crowd- Col Who v Sarfend

At our game there, they were making tannoy announcements declaring how it was live on Sky but said nothing about actually buying tickets for the match. Found it bizarre.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Pitch is shocking too - I''ve played on worse in Sunday League....[/quote]

The pitch is a disgrace, you would struggle to find a worse pitch on any local park !

[quote user="paul moy"]3,224 saw what must be one of the funniest goals ever. [:D][/quote]

Says 6500 on BBC but I would have guessed at less than 3000 looking at the empty stands

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I would go for 6,646[/quote]That really is a poor attendance.....OK it''s an evening match but the weather was reasonable and it''s the only real local derby for either team.If two teams only 20-odd miles apart can''t do better than that then we must be doing something right at Norwich.

I really find that figure hard to believe.From what I saw last night the place didn''t even look half full.

[quote user="morty"]I really find that figure hard to believe.

From what I saw last night the place didn''t even look half full.

[/quote]

My thoughts too, I turned on just after 8 and thought about 2500 at most didn''t watch the match and the Pitch, well it has to be said Colchester should be assamed of themselfs it is a disgrace and they should be reported to the FA, I know they would be aware of the pitch but they have to recieve complaints before doing anything about it, but I think they should be docked points.  

Complete and utter joke. You would think they would at least sell out for their derby match but to only get 6000 or whatever it was is a complete joke. Dont understand why they think of themselves as such a big club as they really are a mickeymouse clun

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Complete and utter joke. You would think they would at least sell out for their derby match but to only get 6000 or whatever it was is a complete joke. Dont understand why they think of themselves as such a big club as they really are a mickeymouse clun[/quote]??? I think thats just Norwich who think of themselves as a big club, Col U are a small club and we know that, the attendance was small yesterday because the game was on live TV and was on a monday night. A lot of our fanbase are casual fans who would have rather saved the money last night and watch it on TV, since it is very rare that we appear live on tele. If that game was on Saturday at 3pm then the attendance would have been around 9,000. The stadium looked half empty because the camera faces the East Stand, tickets for the first half of the East Stand do not go on sale unless it needs to be so the stand was half empty. The West Stand would have been nearly full and the South Stand was full, Southend didn''t even sell their allocation out which they normally do. Why is our attendance and fanbase of significant importance to you? Who cares? You clearly enjoy bragging about yours but you only get 25,000 because you''re in the middle of nowhere with no other Football League clubs anywhere near. Your main rivals are 40 miles away ffs!

Agree 100% with that ..

Colchester fan here first post , we all know we have a crap fan base and yes we are a little club but were trying to change that , obviously it isnt working very well because most of the people in colchester either dont like football or support ipswich or even you guys... Why does it bother you lot anyway??

[quote user="c_m_c_"]Agree 100% with that ..

Colchester fan here first post , we all know we have a crap fan base and yes we are a little club but were trying to change that , obviously it isnt working very well because most of the people in colchester either dont like football or support ipswich or even you guys... Why does it bother you lot anyway??[/quote]Because this message board has been infested with Col U fans giving it the large since the opening day of the season mainly.What brings you here?

What brings me here , isnt like all the other colchester fans who have come here and just give abuse because you nicked are manager , that is getting sorted anyway.

Im just here to say yes were a small club who really are pushing above there weight and if it wernt for Cowling i dont know were we would be.. we have a loyal fans base of around 6,000 ( yes go ahead and ;laugh because you have over 25,000) when your population is 3X the size of ours ..

Im not coming on here sucking up or anything but i actually like norwich and was pretty gutted when you got beat 5-0 against fulham and even got relegated to league 1 but it dosent suit ya club giving '''' the big i am''''

[quote user="c_m_c_"]What brings me here , isnt like all the other colchester fans who have come here and just give abuse because you nicked are manager , that is getting sorted anyway.

Im just here to say yes were a small club who really are pushing above there weight and if it wernt for Cowling i dont know were we would be.. we have a loyal fans base of around 6,000 ( yes go ahead and ;laugh because you have over 25,000) when your population is 3X the size of ours ..

Im not coming on here sucking up or anything but i actually like norwich and was pretty gutted when you got beat 5-0 against fulham and even got relegated to league 1 but it dosent suit ya club giving '''' the big i am''''[/quote]so was I, I really liked Norwich as a fellow East Anglia team who were doing well, but then that all change after Lambert left and I my fondness for Norwich quickly turned to dislike, then your fans act incredibly arrogant about being a "big club" and calling us "tinpot" so now its not just Norwich''s boardroom I have a problem with. You''re not a big club anymore, for League 1 you''re big but that''s all. Your claims for being big rests solely on your fanbase which is purely because you''re from a big city with no other football clubs anywhere near it

Guys, sorry but the feeling isn''t mutual.I had utter indifference about your team until your bell-end Cowling started whining. Your fans were the ones coming here and stoking it all up, most of us really couldn''t care less about your team. I suggest, while you are here, you have a good look round the message board and note the virtual complete lack of arrogance, despite the fact we are top of the league.

Lol , C''mon and dont be so arrogant and say that you havent be arrogant all season ;) you havent stopped.

obviously you dont want to speak to a few supporters who obviously are not like the rest and come on here and give abuse .

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="ncfc4life"]Complete and utter joke. You would think they would at least sell out for their derby match but to only get 6000 or whatever it was is a complete joke. Dont understand why they think of themselves as such a big club as they really are a mickeymouse clun[/quote]??? I think thats just Norwich who think of themselves as a big club, Col U are a small club and we know that, the attendance was small yesterday because the game was on live TV and was on a monday night. A lot of our fanbase are casual fans who would have rather saved the money last night and watch it on TV, since it is very rare that we appear live on tele. If that game was on Saturday at 3pm then the attendance would have been around 9,000. The stadium looked half empty because the camera faces the East Stand, tickets for the first half of the East Stand do not go on sale unless it needs to be so the stand was half empty. The West Stand would have been nearly full and the South Stand was full, Southend didn''t even sell their allocation out which they normally do. Why is our attendance and fanbase of significant importance to you? Who cares? You clearly enjoy bragging about yours but you only get 25,000 because you''re in the middle of nowhere with no other Football League clubs anywhere near. Your main rivals are 40 miles away ffs![/quote]Thanks for trying to explain the reasons for last night''s dismal turnout, evertoncolufan, but it still looks like apathy rules. It''s not entirely the fault of Colchester fans as presumably Southend fans too didn''t see this a '' musn''t miss '' derby fixture despite the short distance between the two towns. The fact that the match was on a weekday shouldn''t have made much difference as to whether people''s work committments interfered as few fans would''ve needed to finish work early to make kick-off.It is true that you are on TV very rarely but wouldn''t more fans have wanted to be there live and watch the recording later ? Whoever heard of wanting to save money when it''s a derby match ? There''s plenty of other less appealing fixtures to avoid and the age-old argument of '' can''t afford two matches a week '' doesn''t cut much ice when you hadn''t played since the previous Tuesday and Southend hadn''t been in action since 30th January. We can only take your educated guess that around 9000 fans would''ve bothered had it been a Saturday game with reasonable weather but I somehow doubt it.Your point regarding our location is an interesting one. As far as I''m aware - and I may be corrected on this - you have two Football League teams, Ipswich and Southend in close proximity. The alternate attractions of either is questionable. Colchester have enjoyed a relatively successful season so far, with every chance of a play-off place at the end of it. Not so Southend. Ipswich have endured a miserable time of it since dear old Roy arrived. The football is played at a higher level, true, but I''d hazard a guess that the '' Keane factor '' would''ve well and truly worn off by now on any floating fans who might have been tempted away from Cuckoo Farm this season.Whatever slant is put on it I''m confident that any Third Division clubs playing a local derby in a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 or so would be very disappointed if they drew a crowd of under 7000, with or without live TV.

Of course we our dissapointed with the Att. any fans would be with it , but we loyal fans cannot change it , if the people ofcolchester get off there arse then we wouldnt have this problem ..

Oh well , why am i saying it here you guys dont care you just like a laugh :P