Sign in to follow this  
GUcanary

Re: Brighton 'Boozers'

Beware if you have ginger hair as only this weekend i read in a Sunday supplement that red heads are Gay icons.Just passing on what i read thats all and Kathy will be the first to say that i embrace diversity before the PC brigade get started.

All depends on how you are travelling. The pubs nearer the ground around Withdean arent too hot, Preston Park has a couple of decent ones but not much choice.

The best idea is to travel by bus along the london road as your match ticket wil get you on for free. there are loads of ace pubs in town to cater for all tastes.

the more obvious sprts places are "king and queen", "queens head" and several around the station.

the pub always being noted as the best in town for you serious ale heads is called the basketmakers arms. not a personal fave.

My top tip is the Eddy just up the hill from the station.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]All depends on how you are travelling. The pubs nearer the ground around Withdean arent too hot, Preston Park has a couple of decent ones but not much choice. The best idea is to travel by bus along the london road as your match ticket wil get you on for free. there are loads of ace pubs in town to cater for all tastes. the more obvious sprts places are "king and queen", "queens head" and several around the station. the pub always being noted as the best in town for you serious ale heads is called the basketmakers arms. not a personal fave. My top tip is the Eddy just up the hill from the station.[/quote]

Unfortunate names for Brighton pubs ain''t they?

[quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, you really are a massive homophobe.
[/quote]

Discrimination is a one way street in his world.Dishes it out but can''t take it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, you really are a massive homophobe.[/quote]

Discrimination is a one way street in his world.Dishes it out but can''t take it.

[/quote]Apparently it is a common held belief that people who harbour homophobic tendancies are actually suppressing behaviour that they claim to find so abhorrent.[:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Beware if you have ginger hair as only this weekend i read in a Sunday supplement that red heads are Gay icons.Just passing on what i read thats all and Kathy will be the first to say that i embrace diversity before the PC brigade get started.[/quote]

Judge me go on it amuses me
As you pickle through your tirade
You prattle on to the point of a laugh

Your Hieronymus Bosch - like soul
Betrays who you really are

Little Englander, Little Englander

[;)]

[quote user="Simply Red"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Beware if you have ginger hair as only this weekend i read in a Sunday supplement that red heads are Gay icons.Just passing on what i read thats all and Kathy will be the first to say that i embrace diversity before the PC brigade get started.[/quote]

Judge me go on it amuses meAs you pickle through your tiradeYou prattle on to the point of a laughYour Hieronymus Bosch - like soulBetrays who you really areLittle Englander, Little EnglanderLittle Englander, Little EnglanderLittle Englander, Little EnglanderLittle Englander, Little Englander

[;)]

[/quote]It''s not your red hair that''s the problem Hucknall. It''s the fact that you''re a whiny, annoying **** that upsets most........ [A]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Just keep your shirt tucked in![;)][/quote]

Unfortunately, the report service is not working so I have been unable to formally report to the mods your repugnant and gratuitous homophobia.

If we were talking about a ground in Africa and you started making ape jibes, your world would be burnt around your ears.   You dightly despise disability based insults and jibes.

So why the hell do you think this is acceptable?  Incredibly, you seem to think that it is clever and funny.

What is wrong with you?

Of course you are right Cambridge. It is double standards. But poor old Wiz would get in a muddle if it was pointed out that the red head in Brighton was actually an Asian and there was little point in lifting his shirt cuz he was stuck in a wheelchair[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Of course you are right Cambridge. It is double standards. But poor old Wiz would get in a muddle if it was pointed out that the red head in Brighton was actually an Asian and there was little point in lifting his shirt cuz he was stuck in a wheelchair[:S]

[/quote]

Too right Nutty.

There''s far too many double standards these days. The next time some ex-copper starts bragging on here about his prowess with the ladies I''ll be banging away on that '' report '' button.

Or at least I would be if the b*oody thing was working........see what I mean......the country''s gone to the dogs I tell ya.

Err, cheers guys! Never mind, I''ll look for some good places on the day.....Who else is going and grabbing a pint beforehand?

The Sportsman next to the ground is convenient, but it is a bit of a Harvester type place.  No other pubs I can think of anywhere near the stadium. If you are down in Brighton, head for the town centre, West Street or the seafront. A group of us are heading into town after the game and will prob head towards East Street area, Ha Ha, Pitcher and Piano, Madam Geishas (next door to a place called Spearmint Rhino - apparently the women in there are very friendly....).

drinks by the station then on the bus for the 15 minute drive to the ground.

is by far the best way, have done it several times...

i reckon i may need the booze more than ever as i usually reserve my Withdean visit for the warmer months....

lets prey for dry weather!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Err? Nutty , most cripples can have sex you know, some are even gay!

Mind you in my case, the spirit is willing, but...................[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was referring to the uselessness of lifting the shirt while seated Wiz.

Even ginger people have sex ya know[:O]

That bird outa corrie''ll soon sort you out...

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was referring to the uselessness of lifting the shirt while seated Wiz.

Even ginger people have sex ya know[:O]

That bird outa corrie''ll soon sort you out...

[;)]

[/quote]

The new token crip Izzy in Corri is a looker, nice set of wheels too!

[img]http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/newdisabledcharacter/d89c21b7-26b1-41a4-82bb-947996867617/PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?w=512&nq=100[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''d have more chance with Ena though Wiz[Y]

[/quote]True........she is dead![:(][/quote]

You might''ve broke it to me gently[:''(]

How low are you gonna stoop on this thread[:@]