Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Rose or Drury

Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would.

[quote user="The gut"]Neither, got to be Whitbread, McNamee or Hughes and definitely not Lappin, Doherty or Nelson[;)][/quote]Well I wouldnt have thought of playing Lappin, Nelson or Doc left back anyway really.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would. [/quote]In which case, you''re an idiot.I''m sorry, but Drury is a much better left back than Rose. He was, in fact, described as the best left back outside the premiership a few seasons ago. If he could defend with Hucks playing in front of him, he can defend against anything.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="The gut"]Neither, got to be Whitbread, McNamee or Hughes and definitely not Lappin, Doherty or Nelson[;)][/quote]

Well I wouldnt have thought of playing Lappin, Nelson or Doc left back anyway really.
[/quote]

That''s your problem Brendan, too narrow minded. You''ve got to think outside the box and consider all angles[;)]

he was described as the best left back outside the premiership by the man selling him to us, one barry fry, but would agree that he is in front of rose for me at the mo for his understanding with lappin

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]he was described as the best left back outside the premiership by the man selling him to us, one barry fry, but would agree that he is in front of rose for me at the mo for his understanding with lappin[/quote]

And in  something like 1989

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendan"]Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would. [/quote]In which case, you''re an idiot.I''m sorry, but Drury is a much better left back than Rose. He was, in fact, described as the best left back outside the premiership a few seasons ago. If he could defend with Hucks playing in front of him, he can defend against anything.[/quote]So Rose played poorly against Hartlepool? Im not saying Drury''s bad, as he''s not, he''s awsome. [:)] But whens the last time he scored?

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendan"]Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would. [/quote]In which case, you''re an idiot.I''m sorry, but Drury is a much better left back than Rose. He was, in fact, described as the best left back outside the premiership a few seasons ago. If he could defend with Hucks playing in front of him, he can defend against anything.[/quote]So Rose played poorly against Hartlepool? Im not saying Drury''s bad, as he''s not, he''s awsome. [:)] But whens the last time he scored? [/quote]The 04-05 season.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendan"]Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would. [/quote]In which case, you''re an idiot.I''m sorry, but Drury is a much better left back than Rose. He was, in fact, described as the best left back outside the premiership a few seasons ago. If he could defend with Hucks playing in front of him, he can defend against anything.[/quote]So Rose played poorly against Hartlepool? Im not saying Drury''s bad, as he''s not, he''s awsome. [:)] But whens the last time he scored? [/quote]Rose played well against Hartlepool, but i think the fact he scored is perhaps jading your view on him. Drury may not have scored for a long while but that is not part of his game really, its much more about solid defending (which, considering he''s a defender is probably for the best). I also think Drury is very good at over-lapping and linking up with the midfield.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendan"]Well what I guess I meant was, If, and yes a very big if, but IF Rose could play as well as he did against Hartlepool, and show the same good crossing as I thought he did against Millwall also, would you play him over Drury? I certainly would. [/quote]In which case, you''re an idiot.I''m sorry, but Drury is a much better left back than Rose. He was, in fact, described as the best left back outside the premiership a few seasons ago. If he could defend with Hucks playing in front of him, he can defend against anything.[/quote]So Rose played poorly against Hartlepool? Im not saying Drury''s bad, as he''s not, he''s awsome. [:)] But whens the last time he scored? [/quote]Rose played well against Hartlepool, but i think the fact he scored is perhaps jading your view on him. Drury may not have scored for a long while but that is not part of his game really, its much more about solid defending (which, considering he''s a defender is probably for the best). I also think Drury is very good at over-lapping and linking up with the midfield.[/quote]Yeah he played well against Hartlepool, and what I said was IF he could play week in week out like he did against them, then would you have him over Drury. I just think he was a little bit better attacking, and also solid at the back. Anyway, lets not argue as we look to have two quality left backs in our hands. [:)]

Drury every time for me.   Better positionally and going forward.  Rose is a good squad signing but not seen anything yet to suggest he is even as good as Drury,   apart from one good but deflected shot and a long throw. 

dury any day of the week . he was starting to show his form that guided us to the premiership . great player and norwich through and through.cant believe he has been here 9 years ....mr dury i bet hes seen so many changes in his time here..!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Drury every time for me.   Better positionally and going forward.  Rose is a good squad signing but not seen anything yet to suggest he is even as good as Drury,   apart from one good but deflected shot and a long throw. [/quote]

Deflected? I think not my friend.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="The gut"]Neither, got to be Whitbread, McNamee or Hughes and definitely not Lappin, Doherty or Nelson[;)][/quote]Well I wouldnt have thought of playing Lappin, Nelson or Doc left back anyway really. [/quote]

That''s your problem Brendan, too narrow minded. You''ve got to think outside the box and consider all angles[;)]

[/quote]Yes and that doesn''t just mean the corner infills . . . .