Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Rose or Drury

Hasnt been asked has it?Anyway, I thought Rose played quality on saturday, but I still wouldnt drop Drury when fit. Whens Drury back by the way?So, Rose or Drury?Drury for me. At the moment anyway.

Depends if Rose can do that week in, week out.He scored a goal which Drury wouldn''t have done, and that long throw is going to get us a lot of goals once Holty is back.

[quote user="Brendan"]Okay then, for next game?[/quote]Lol, Drury is injured, the choice is made for us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Okay then, for next game?[/quote]Lol, Drury is injured, the choice is made for us.[/quote]Otsemobor on loan, anyone? [:)]

Dury... might be one of the reasons we were not looking ourselfs on saturday, as he was not on the pitch. Thats not to say I dont think Rose has done a good job!

I did mention this on the Simon Lappin thread, not so sure Drury is gonna walk straight back into the team if Rose does well in the next 2 or 3 games. Drury was supposed to be out for 2/3 weeks i think. Rose will surely be tested over the next few weeks. Also looking forward to seeing him whip in a free kick. He seems to have a few strings to his bow and he looks pretty hard as well with that skin head.

In Drurys defence, he has been superb since Lambert came in and was back to his mr consistency best which he should be with his experience. The injuries haven''t taken too much out of him.

Difficult decision, but thats the beauty of strength in depth. I think its gonna depend on how well Rose does in these next 2 or 3 games, he looked solid on Saturday.

Think Drury will come back in when fully fit, but Rose will be an excellent replacement if Drury needs a rest.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Okay then, for next game?[/quote]Lol, Drury is injured, the choice is made for us.[/quote]Otsemobor on loan, anyone? [:)][/quote]Right back [Y]

Unbelievably stupid thread. Drury is injured for next game regardless, so that choice is a no-brainer. Seen Rose play once, score a good goal, but i don''t think he was exceptional, just solid. Think how many games Drury has played for us. And then to compare him with someone who''s played one game? [:S]

[quote user="hogesar"]Unbelievably stupid thread. Drury is injured for next game regardless, so that choice is a no-brainer. Seen Rose play once, score a good goal, but i don''t think he was exceptional, just solid. Think how many games Drury has played for us. And then to compare him with someone who''s played one game? [:S][/quote]More so than Drury? I know one game isnt many to make a judgement, but I really was impressed with him, and looked a challenger for the first team. So please tell me how its a pointless thread?

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="hogesar"]Unbelievably stupid thread. Drury is injured for next game regardless, so that choice is a no-brainer. Seen Rose play once, score a good goal, but i don''t think he was exceptional, just solid. Think how many games Drury has played for us. And then to compare him with someone who''s played one game? [:S][/quote]More so than Drury? I know one game isnt many to make a judgement, but I really was impressed with him, and looked a challenger for the first team. So please tell me how its a pointless thread?[/quote]Not more so than Drury, no. I think Drury has been brilliant for us, and perhaps doesn''t get all the credit he deserves. Of course he''s here to challenge for the first team, we wouldn''t have got him otherwise. It''s primarily about competition for places, although i think as soon as Drury is fit he will be back to playing. I think it''s a pointless thread because of the comparison between the two being way too early to judge, in my opinion.Not that it really matters, ive probably posted f*ck loads of pointless threads in the past few years. [:D]

If I did have to make the decision based on that one game...I''d still go for Drury.

Well it also depends on how he does in training, and no one really knows how well he''s doing there.

[quote user="Askounin"]How can anyone say that if Drury was fully fit tomorrow they would start Rose?Drury has had an excellent season, one of our most consistent performers, Rose has played one game![/quote]Dont get drawn into dialogue with the serial forum offenders Bendun or Benedictgr. Both will make you weep blood in frustration and leave you with a belief that bedtime should really be set at 7pm for some. But hey the choice is yours!

You''re right. I now realise that it does seem stupid.Apologies. I just thought Rose did look exceptional. Howwver not enough to take Drurys place. [:$]

Drury has been fantastic all season so would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. rose is a great understudy and younger so lots of opportunities to get games

I don''t know. Again I haven''t seen enough of Rose and I don''t know if he is consistent week in week out. Drury gets my vote as he is commited (when he''s not out injured) and he''s also brilliant at carring the ball down the wing. From what I saw on saturday I get the impression that Rose likes to play all over the place besides he did get that skillful goal.