Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who has the bigger debt - us or West Ham?

In absolute terms our debt is reportedly 23m and West Ham''s 110m.

But given that we are in the third layer (League1) and they are in the first layer (Premiership), I wonder whose debt is bigger in relative terms?

OTBC 

If they get relegated i suspect they will be in meltdown. I agree with trying to cut the players wages but it can only be done on a voluntary basis and in the middle of a relegation dogfight may not be the best timing in terms of motivation

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]In absolute terms our debt is reportedly 23m and West Ham''s 110m.

But given that we are in the third layer (League1) and they are in the first layer (Premiership), I wonder whose debt is bigger in relative terms?[/quote]As we could both be in the same division next season Bly, how would it look then?

Not got the best idea on finance, but seeing as though theres a strong likelihood there will only be one division between us next season, and a decent chance we will be in the same division I think ill take our debt for now!

Is this a new form of football fan bragging! Our debt is bigger than your debt! If Wet Sham go down this year and i think they will. They will be in massive trouble.

WH have had an average turnover of about £60m for the last 3 seasons, so their debt is almost double their turnover.  NCFC''s turnover last year was £23.8m, which is slightly more than the debt, so relatively speaking I would say West Ham''s situation is a lot worse than ours.

[quote user="dhickl"]WH have had an average turnover of about £60m for the last 3 seasons, so their debt is almost double their turnover.  NCFC''s turnover last year was £23.8m, which is slightly more than the debt, so relatively speaking I would say West Ham''s situation is a lot worse than ours.[/quote]

Is that the answer you were looking for Babes[:^)]

[quote user="dhickl"]WH have had an average turnover of about £60m for the last 3 seasons, so their debt is almost double their turnover.  NCFC''s turnover last year was £23.8m, which is slightly more than the debt, so relatively speaking I would say West Ham''s situation is a lot worse than ours.[/quote]I was going to make the same point about turnover. The latest available figures for West Ham show a loss of £38m on turnover of £71m, with - as dhickl says - their debt being if not double their turnover then getting well towards that.With Norwich the loss was £5m on turnover of £18m, with the debt being £23m. So the loss and the debt are much less, relative to turnover. I think most chief finance officers would regard that as preferable.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="dhickl"]WH have had an average turnover of about £60m for the last 3 seasons, so their debt is almost double their turnover.  NCFC''s turnover last year was £23.8m, which is slightly more than the debt, so relatively speaking I would say West Ham''s situation is a lot worse than ours.[/quote]

[/quote]Heh. Made me laugh.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]whereas DELIA has no money left.[/quote]

Shall we do a whip round for her young Nana? To prop her up like a church roof fund[:^)]

[;)]

Have to admit in the past I had almost been praying for a rich owner to come in. But when you look at the damage that these foreign owners have done to some of these clubs I think that maybe its good that no one has come in. Lets face it West Ham are in meltdown according to gold and sullivan while in my opinion there is a good chance there wont even be a portsmouth come the end of the season. And I know our financial situation is also pretty dire I think as long as we get out of this league this season the debt should just about be manageable in my opinion while lets face it both west ham and pompey are screwed if they go down.Too be honest I hope West Ham do go down though. Still think they were let off lightly over the Carlos Tevez affair and while my friend at uni who supports west ham is pretty cocky about them being in the prem and he seems to have this view that Norwich are a pub team. Keep repeating to him that we could easily be in the same league next season but he has guranteed me they wont go down so will be hilarious if they do go down.Zola certainly doesnt look like he is going to be sticking around much longer after his comments today. Really cant see any logic in him critisizing his new boss.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]when you look at the damage that these foreign owners have done to some of these clubs I think that maybe its good that no one has come in
[/quote]I was just thinking about this, and which clubs are doing better, worse or the same due to rich owners:

Better: Man City, Chelsea, Fulham (were in Division 2 when Al Fayad took over.  He put money in to get them to PL)

Worse: Man Utd (doing well on the pitch, but debt is now massive), Portsmouth, West Ham

Same: Liverpool, QPR (although they could be considered worse off due to manager changes)

I''m sure there are many more - like Blackburn when they won the league

Saw Cardiff have got a winding up order aswell tomorrow. They seem to be issuing these orders up for fun at the moment. But looks like Peter Ridsdale is doing his best to ruin another football club

[quote user="Allez17"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Heh. Made me laugh.
[/quote]

[:^)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But given that we are in the third layer (League1) and they are in the first layer (Premiership), I wonder whose debt is bigger in relative terms?

OTBC 

[/quote]

I might be a bit ignorant here but surely you''ve answered your own question there BBB?

OTBC 

[/quote]

Having said that Its been reported on SNN that the players have been or will be asked to take a wage cut, I think we can see a massive exadus come the summer Are you glad we never got Gold And Sullivan here, I am,  

OTBC 

[/quote]

Having said that Its been reported on SSN that the players have been or will be asked to take a wage cut, I think we can see a massive exadus come the summer Are you glad we never got Gold And Sullivan here, I am,  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

Having said that Its been reported on SSN that the players have been or will be asked to take a wage cut, I think we can see a massive exadus come the summer Are you glad we never got Gold And Sullivan here, I am,  

[/quote]Zola has hit out at them saying the players only knew about the story through the papers and that they never mentioned it to him.