Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Best Norwich Winger?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="canarydownunder"]Well it just has to be lee croft...for his sheer pace, incredibly quick feet and his pinpoint crossing  ;)[/quote]

Pinpoint crossing?? guess you didnt watch Croft![/quote]

mate, that was a joke.......

[quote user="smooth"]being a boy whose first games were the late 80''s it is disco, fox, eadie huckerby

we have been very fortunate even those we let go have been good... o''neill, llwelyn... forbes on his day... sutch when he was a winger wasn''t bad

disco dale was my favourite player, and why I did want to see football... fox lightning and a real winger... eadie very very good at all aspects... huckerby well the best player at carrow road for the last 10 years... and for me my favourite Norwich player

but as I have mentioned before this club has had a great many wingers or wide left and wide right midfielders

I have always said for croft to be considered to be good shows how low we had become[/quote]

Llwellyn, Forbes? Are you high? We''re talking about our best here!

Well, we''ve certainly had Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all so far..............and I fear that one or two were not in jest.

Bobby Brennan may not have been quite the best but he was certainly way up there.

One should really restrict choices, however, to wingers who starred during our 20 odd seasons in the top flight. So, I must plump for Ruel Fox closely followed by a fairly large bevy including Eadie, Barham, Gordon, Neighbour and Foggo.

Hucks only played one season for us in the top flight doing well, but not exactly starring. That - added to his reluctance to consistently track back - is why I have to go without him.

And that''s the way I see it.

One love.

OTBC

Blimey Ricardo - you saw Johnny Gavin playing and can remember all that about him? You''ll be telling me you were a regular at the Nest next!

May i be so rude to inquire as to your years? Or maybe you could just say how old you were when you were watching Johnny G?!

Ian Mellor

Charlie Crickmore

Not the best ever but nobody has mentioned them yet (at least as far as I can see). Mellor must have been our tallest winger ever.

By no means the best but I did used to love watching Keith O''Neill until he hit the booze and it hit him back

Eadie for me. Really think he could have been the answer to England''s left side but for injuries

Saw Kenny Foggo in first game i ever went to Hull away and he gave a great performance and one i''ll always remember so he has to be up there but for me Jimmy Neighbour was an absolute class act.For me

1)Neighbour

2)Foggo

3)Huckerby

4)Gordon who i played against at school and thought was one of the most underated wingers of the time.Yeah i know he went to Rangers but he really could have played at a higher leevl in England i believe.

Ruel Fox for me. Quick, skillfull and makes S. Wright-Philips look like a poor imitation of him.Very similar players though in their approach and style of football.