Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Best Norwich Winger?

Oh Huckerby has to be No1, but big ups to Ruuuueeelll, Disco Dale, Anselin, and especially Mark ''the Tash'' Barham.Gotta love them wingers!What was the name of that Dutch winger, one of Hamiltons signings, I remember him ripping QPR to pieces and that was if for him. A real one game wonder!

[quote user="city till i die"]adrain forbes

keith o neil

chris llewellyn[/quote]

The difference being that Keith O''Neill, when he was on form and not injured could run rings around those other two.

Neil Adams. Ha no just kidding, although he had a good cross as far as I can remember, no pace.Darren Eadie for me.

Don''t suppose anyone on here is old enough to have seen Johnny Gavin - even the Wizard! The club''s leading goal scorer of all time, from the wing, must have been pretty special.

Eadie and Hucks were best of the players i''ve seen.

Best/funniest memory of Eadie was an away game at Tranmere in the late 90s. The fog was rolling off the Mersey something chronic and the radio had already given up covering it cos they couldn''t see a thing. We could barely see the half way line. Early on, Eadie picked up the ball in the centre circle and disappeared in to the fog. Shortly after, all the fans went up cheering and Eadie re-emerged from the fog running towards us to celebrate! To this day i''ve still no idea how all the fans knew he''d scored!!

Darren Eadie gets my vote - but that could be because I''ll be seeing him in 2 hours time!...

PS: He can still do more keepy-ups in his green wellies than most of us could ever muster!

I can provide a list of "Best Whingers" if anyone is interested?

[8-)]

[quote user="Rastaman"]Mark Rivers or Clint Easton, Simon Charlton and Graham Stuart also put in some classy performances[/quote]

Easton was a legend! When did Simon Charlton play on the wing? Or Graham Stuart for that matter!

[quote user="crowey66"]i''m sure jimmy neighbour played on the left shyster[/quote]

He certainly didn''t! Jimmy was great to watch, a real old fashioned winger, but definitely on the right[:D]

It shows the age of the posters, shame some of you missed Fox and disco dale! both awsome! I really liked Adams aswell, but hucks and eadie are up there....overall Fox!

[quote user="canarydownunder"]Well it just has to be lee croft...for his sheer pace, incredibly quick feet and his pinpoint crossing  ;)[/quote]

Pinpoint crossing?? guess you didnt watch Croft!

[quote user="a1canary"]Don''t suppose anyone on here is old enough to have seen Johnny Gavin - even the Wizard! The club''s leading goal scorer of all time, from the wing, must have been pretty special.

Eadie and Hucks were best of the players i''ve seen.

Best/funniest memory of Eadie was an away game at Tranmere in the late 90s. The fog was rolling off the Mersey something chronic and the radio had already given up covering it cos they couldn''t see a thing. We could barely see the half way line. Early on, Eadie picked up the ball in the centre circle and disappeared in to the fog. Shortly after, all the fans went up cheering and Eadie re-emerged from the fog running towards us to celebrate! To this day i''ve still no idea how all the fans knew he''d scored!![/quote]Surely you jest, I saw Johnny Gavin many times. He was quick and direct and for his size he had a great leap and was a fine header of the ball. Thats something you don''t find in many wingers (nb Punton, Huckerby etc). I recall seeing him score 4 goals in a match, I believe it was against Southend in either 1955 or 56. If memory serves I think we won 7-2.

being a boy whose first games were the late 80''s it is disco, fox, eadie huckerby

we have been very fortunate even those we let go have been good... o''neill, llwelyn... forbes on his day... sutch when he was a winger wasn''t bad

disco dale was my favourite player, and why I did want to see football... fox lightning and a real winger... eadie very very good at all aspects... huckerby well the best player at carrow road for the last 10 years... and for me my favourite Norwich player

but as I have mentioned before this club has had a great many wingers or wide left and wide right midfielders

I have always said for croft to be considered to be good shows how low we had become