Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Team Next Season

I agree Pete but I suspect like you that Forster would cost £3.5M but he has made it clear that he wants to be Newcastle no. 1. If we cud persuade him away would we spend all of that £3.5m on one player?. I suspect if Forster does come back it will be on loan as if Newcastle decide to cash in he will likely go to a premiership side.

What I am saying is that if Lambert decides 4 4 2 in the championship in my opinion Hoolahan would be surplus to this plan, unless of course he plays a mixture of diamond and 442. With our diamond system in league 1 Hoolahan is vital to get us up and therefore vital not to be sold in January as he was worth more than that here.

Like you in Lambert I trust

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

GK - ForsterDL - DruryDR - MartinDC - WhitbreadDC - DohertyDM - RusselAM - HoolahanCM - SmithCM - New SigningS     - MartinS     - HoltSubs: McNamee, Askou, Spillane, Rudd, Hughes, Lappin, New Striker

[/quote]I think if we get a new central midfielder we will have to loose one or two of those we have at the moment. If Lappin isn''t up to it - which I think he is in the diamond, then Hughes most certainly is. The only reason he isn''t in the team at the moment is that Lappin is a bit more rugged and can take set pieces. With Rose in the team maybe there won''t be such demand on just Lappin for set pieces.As for a new striker - ideally it would be a target man. Maybe get Lee in from Palace if they are still in financial difficulties.