Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Re: Night out in Brighton

What sort of thing you after?

Are you Hove or Kemptown way or just centre of Brighton... are you staying anywhere?

You after pub, clubs, food, women, men, music, dancing, fine beers or fine wine?

Will be in central Brighton but happy to travel a bit for a good night. Bars with good beer and nice women and perhaps a decent club after. Don''t really like overly camp people (like the poofter on the Chris Moyles show) so could do with avoiding places that cater for that crowd. Hoping to pull (a lady) to avoid having to pay for a hotel

Premier Inn is bang slap in the centre of town (which is good for later!) but miles from the ground.

The shit hole that is the Withdean is probably too far to walk (although i''ve done it before, just to say I''ve walk to and from a City game!) - best bet is to get a train to Preston Park and walk from there. Or a bus... there are buses all around the Premier Inn area, but the train would be best, I''d guess.

[quote user="canarytom"]Will be in central Brighton but happy to travel a bit for a good night. Bars with good beer and nice women and perhaps a decent club after. Don''t really like overly camp people (like the poofter on the Chris Moyles show) so could do with avoiding places that cater for that crowd. Hoping to pull (a lady) to avoid having to pay for a hotel[/quote]

I probably wouldn''t lead with that chat up line...

Is the back up plan to pull a bloke? With Plan C being stumping up for a hotel?

I went down there for NYE and went to honeyclub, its a HedKandi type place, quite cool and right on the seafront. Definitely worth a look, if not there is an Oceana on the front too, but I imagine thats full of chavs as we heard it is a standard Luminar Leisure type place.

"Hoping to pull (a lady) to avoid having to pay for a hotel"

Serious? haha!

Best bet is West Street - just down from the train station, head towards the sea. It''s a shithole of an area, but has the type of girl your looking for - best club for that is Oceana, end of West Street, near the Odeon.

In terms of good bars nearby, I''d go to the Evening Star - loads of German and foreign beers.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=11548998501443249158&q=evening+star+brighton&gl=uk&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=ZuRyS6_EKNq2jAexx9SNAQ&sig2=FUq-Lco5oHGojlz_zERYpQ

If you fancy a walk, best pub in Brighton is The Ranelagh;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=10113504387239177046&q=Ranelagh&gl=uk&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=qORyS7eJHpKxjAeSgqmYAQ&sig2=wsVmLwvqZAxU6Hpf4ccFuQ

I''ll be in their later, probably, wearing a Norwich top - win, loose or draw! :)

yeah, you''re right canary tom - better be careful on a night out in brighton - i reckon all the men out there will be desperate for a homophobic pissed up twat in a football shirt

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]I''ve heard The Marmite Minner Freehold and The Chutney Ferret Inn are reputable establishments, Should be safe there.[/quote]Don''t forget the Pink Lion, the Bell (End), the Fudgepacker''s Arms, The Queens Head...I could go on all night - as Canary Tom said to his friend in Bristol I guess

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why don''t you lot just add some racist abuse too, make the thread complete.[/quote]Wiz can sort us out there.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why don''t you lot just add some racist abuse too, make the thread complete.[/quote]

Wiz can sort us out there.

[Y]
[/quote]

Why on earth would I do that when I have my black Jamacian and Amerian friends?

Behave.

Once more Morty and I will report you.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why don''t you lot just add some racist abuse too, make the thread complete.[/quote]Wiz can sort us out there.[Y][/quote]

Behave.

[/quote]Shove it up your arse Wiz.You have openly admitted to being racist in the "Its not football" forum.[:)]

Oh and if we want to play the report game then maybe I should start reporting overtly racist and homophobic comments in threads.[:)]

"Just another example of this once proud country pandering to the ruddy

ethnics, there''s plenty of jobs on the London underground which would

be more of their kind of work...........although bnefit claiming

is more their style!"Not that you''re racist though  [:$]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why don''t you lot just add some racist abuse too, make the thread complete.[/quote]

Wiz can sort us out there.

[Y]
[/quote]

Behave.

[/quote]

Shove it up your arse Wiz.

You have openly admitted to being racist in the "Its not football" forum.

[:)]
[/quote]

Really? read it again, it was just to shut you up........as that failed............so be it.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why don''t you lot just add some racist abuse too, make the thread complete.[/quote]Wiz can sort us out there.[Y][/quote]

Behave.

[/quote]Shove it up your arse Wiz.You have openly admitted to being racist in the "Its not football" forum.[:)][/quote]

Really? read it again, it was just to shut you up........as that failed............so be it.

[/quote]Rubbish, you''re just trying to style out of it as you are realising that even "comedy" racism has no place in modern society.So the quote posted above isn''t mabye a teensy bit racist then?[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and if we want to play the report game then maybe I should start reporting overtly racist and homophobic comments in threads.[:)][/quote]Good call. Can''t believe there are idiots like the ones in this thread who think homophobia is something to back slap about. It''s no different to saying you don''t like black people because they are black, both attitudes are moronic, have no foundation and in the end of the day, are just a real nasty attribute for a person to have.It reflects on you a lot worse than the people you offend.

[quote user="SPat"]"Just another example of this once proud country pandering to the ruddy ethnics, there''s plenty of jobs on the London underground which would be more of their kind of work...........although bnefit claiming is more their style!"

Not that you''re racist though  [:$]
[/quote]

Everyone saw that as a joke post it was, compleat with a wink, except you.

Says it all doesn''t it![:|]

[quote user="SPat"]"Just another example of this once proud country pandering to the ruddy ethnics, there''s plenty of jobs on the London underground which would be more of their kind of work...........although bnefit claiming is more their style!"Not that you''re racist though  [:$][/quote]

Everyone saw that as a joke post it was, compleat with a wink, except you.

Says it all doesn''t it![:|]

[/quote]Someone trying to justify their racist values by not very cleverly disguising it as a joke, is still a racist. It is just a way of trying to square it away in their heads.Saying they have non-white friends is another.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and if we want to play the report game then maybe I should start reporting overtly racist and homophobic comments in threads.

[:)]
[/quote]

You should, because I''m not letting this rest either.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Behave.

[/quote]Shove it up your arse Wiz.You have openly admitted to being racist in the "Its not football" forum.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Rubbish, you''re just trying to style out of it as you are realising that even "comedy" racism has no place in modern society.So the quote posted above isn''t mabye a teensy bit racist then?[:)][/quote]

Really?   > [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4[/url]  [:P]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and if we want to play the report game then maybe I should start reporting overtly racist and homophobic comments in threads.[:)][/quote]

You should, because I''m not letting this rest either.

[/quote]Lol, ok.[:)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Behave.

[/quote]Rubbish, you''re just trying to style out of it as you are realising that even "comedy" racism has no place in modern society.So the quote posted above isn''t mabye a teensy bit racist then?[:)][/quote]

Really?   > [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4[/url]  [:P][/quote]Hehehe, he is allowed because he is making fun of his own race though.Not so sure a white comic could get away with the same.[;)]

PARK & RIDE VOUCHERS SHOULD BE ON MATCH TICKET CATCH BUS FROM CITY CENTRE NEAR SHOPPING MALL ENTRANCE TO WITHDEAN  STADIUM GOOD PUB AT THE GROUND CALLED THE SPORTSMAN HOME & AWAY FANS

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Behave.

Really?   > [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4[/url]  [:P][/quote]Hehehe, he is allowed because he is making fun of his own race though.Not so sure a white comic could get away with the same.[;)][/quote]As proved.....[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pp6WC1Ocz4[/link]