Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

To all the fools having a dig at those questioning certain players in the team...

This thread is a load of t*ss.Drury suddenly out injured, a blow as he was playing well.Askou being out, and Spillane means we have had to rely on Nelson, who to be fair has not done as badly as many thought he would.Grant Holt out.

Take three of the best out of any club and most will struggle.

Something any Millwall fan will tell you is that Millwall struggle against teams who have a decent target man and player playing off him. As it was said on the first page of this thread, without Holt we dropped deeper and deeper. If Holt was in that team I think we would have seen a very different score. Jackett hasn''t had much luck playing Lambert''s teams... this team however, missing it''s top scorer, every present left back etc... was bound to come unstuck sooner or later. Don''t get too worried or carried away by it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

McNamee remains an unproven player for me;  He has had 2 20 min good spells for the team,  not disimilar to OJ and Cody, but like them he has also had more anonymous games than good ones.  As an impact sub the latter two have taken their chances better than McNamee.

this season norwich have played their best football when Hoolahan has space and our top midfield is lappin smith and russell.  They may not be the best three midfielders but in the context of a team they have provided us balance, effort and grit.  Lately Russell has sat too deep smith been ill disciplined in his positioning and lappin ill disciplined in his temper.   If the 3 push forward and up the pitch , together with Holt defending from the top, things will improve.

As someone said earlier the pair of lappin and drury is far better than teh sum of the two players,  and we have missed drury.  McNamee may be a better individual player than Lappin,  but lappin works because he give the team shape and balance that is missing when he is not there. 

Hughes is not a lappin replacement.  I think he is the best ball playing midfielder we have and would probably play him instead of Russell of choice,  but Rusty has done little wrong.  Perhaps he gets a chance when Smith tired again

[/quote]2 x good twenty minute spells for us out of how many minutes on the pitch for us for McNamee?Possibly 60 minutes in total?Isn''t it about time that warranted the best part of 90 mins?Lambert obviously thought he was an improvement to what we had otherwise he would not of put so much effort in to signing him.  He is far better quality than Lappin who has probably put about 180 mins of good football in out of about 2,500 mins.Without Smith our diamond is quite simply over-run.  Smith has the legs and agression that are desperately needed in such a system.

[quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

Everyone has an opinion, and they are entitled to say whatever they want, within reason. I just can''t help but feel Smudger is a confused soul though.

''However it is this narrow minded thinking by certain sections of our support which contributed to the mess that we got in to under Worthington, Grant, Roeder and club legend Gunn.''

OK so Worthington was bad, right? Yet...''Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.''

Sorry Smudger but I''m confused!

[/quote]Instead of nit picking little bits of posts, why not try going back to the original post and reading it in context of what was actually said?I didn''t say Worthington was a bad manager and Lambert has a lot to do to be compared to him as yet (I would agree with Nutty there).  Of course Worthy ran out of ideas when the board refused to pay his "going rate" for certain players though.  All manager make mistakes even the greats such as Cloughie.  I am sure that the great strong managers out there can take constructive criticism on the chin and accept that maybe they called certain things wrong.  They then go on and make the changes required and get on with it![/quote]

Yes I was nit picking and being slightly facetious, but for a reason. While everyone, as I said, is entitled to their opinion, I disagree with what you say, but more than that find it arrogantly written.

You''re judging one loss and a handful of games where we have played badly against years of ineptitude. You then have the audacity to imply that Lambert should take note of what you say.

If you don''t mind I''ll blindly follow the man who has helped us take 44 points from a possible 48.

[/quote]In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers!

[quote user="ref89"]This thread is a load of t*ss.Drury suddenly out injured, a blow as he was playing well.Askou being out, and Spillane means we have had to rely on Nelson, who to be fair has not done as badly as many thought he would.Grant Holt out.

Take three of the best out of any club and most will struggle.[/quote]Drury being out has not really been a blow at all... Michael Rose has played at least as well as Adam would of if not better!

[quote user="The Chirp"]Something any Millwall fan will tell you is that Millwall struggle against teams who have a decent target man and player playing off him. As it was said on the first page of this thread, without Holt we dropped deeper and deeper. If Holt was in that team I think we would have seen a very different score. Jackett hasn''t had much luck playing Lambert''s teams... this team however, missing it''s top scorer, every present left back etc... was bound to come unstuck sooner or later. Don''t get too worried or carried away by it.[/quote]Yet again then... where was Norwich City''s bid for Lee Barnard??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

Everyone has an opinion, and they are entitled to say whatever they want, within reason. I just can''t help but feel Smudger is a confused soul though.

''However it is this narrow minded thinking by certain sections of our support which contributed to the mess that we got in to under Worthington, Grant, Roeder and club legend Gunn.''

OK so Worthington was bad, right? Yet...

''Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.''

[/quote]

Instead of nit picking little bits of posts, why not try going back to the original post and reading it in context of what was actually said?

I didn''t say Worthington was a bad manager and Lambert has a lot to do to be compared to him as yet (I would agree with Nutty there).  Of course Worthy ran out of ideas when the board refused to pay his "going rate" for certain players though.  All manager make mistakes even the greats such as Cloughie.  I am sure that the great strong managers out there can take constructive criticism on the chin and accept that maybe they called certain things wrong.  They then go on and make the changes required and get on with it!
[/quote]

Yes I was nit picking and being slightly facetious, but for a reason. While everyone, as I said, is entitled to their opinion, I disagree with what you say, but more than that find it arrogantly written.

You''re judging one loss and a handful of games where we have played badly against years of ineptitude. You then have the audacity to imply that Lambert should take note of what you say.

If you don''t mind I''ll blindly follow the man who has helped us take 44 points from a possible 48.

[/quote]

In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.

Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers!
[/quote]

Lets not forget that 99.99999999999% of posters on here are glorified lounge managers!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

''Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.''

[/quote]

Instead of nit picking little bits of posts, why not try going back to the original post and reading it in context of what was actually said?

I didn''t say Worthington was a bad manager and Lambert has a lot to do to be compared to him as yet (I would agree with Nutty there).  Of course Worthy ran out of ideas when the board refused to pay his "going rate" for certain players though.  All manager make mistakes even the greats such as Cloughie.  I am sure that the great strong managers out there can take constructive criticism on the chin and accept that maybe they called certain things wrong.  They then go on and make the changes required and get on with it!
[/quote]

[/quote]

In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.

Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers!
[/quote]

''A basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team'' - what the hell does that mean?

''Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers!'' - well done on down playing the arrogance and showing a little humbleness.

And anyway you''re ignoring my point. You''re judging one loss and a handful of games where we have played badly against years of ineptitude.

OK so Worthington was bad, right? Yet...''Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.''

[/quote]Instead of nit picking little bits of posts, why not try going back to the original post and reading it in context of what was actually said?I didn''t say Worthington was a bad manager and Lambert has a lot to do to be compared to him as yet (I would agree with Nutty there).  Of course Worthy ran out of ideas when the board refused to pay his "going rate" for certain players though.  All manager make mistakes even the greats such as Cloughie.  I am sure that the great strong managers out there can take constructive criticism on the chin and accept that maybe they called certain things wrong.  They then go on and make the changes required and get on with it![/quote]

[/quote]In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers![/quote]Are you deliberately controversial, or just a massive narcissist? If you are being serious then I think you need reminding that NCFC are in this league for a reason... Also, Rose better than Drury based on what - one well struck but ultimately flukey goal?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

[/quote]In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers![/quote]Are you deliberately controversial, or just a massive narcissist? If you are being serious then I think you need reminding that NCFC are in this league for a reason... Also, Rose better than Drury based on what - one well struck but ultimately flukey goal?[/quote]May I ask how that was a flukey goal? He shot for goal and it went in. He wouldnt have shot if he didnt have a chance, he had a chance and he scored a goal. Pretty simple really.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

[/quote]In a noddy league I would expect pretty much anybody with a basic knowledge of how to put out a winning team to get pretty similar results for NCFC.Let''s not forget that 70% of the players in this league are glorified pub footballers![/quote]Are you deliberately controversial, or just a massive narcissist? If you are being serious then I think you need reminding that NCFC are in this league for a reason... Also, Rose better than Drury based on what - one well struck but ultimately flukey goal?[/quote][8][8] Professionally trendy in the glow of Clapham sun...

There''s life after work and it can be such fun,

You see all the models in magazines and on the wall,s

You wanna be just like them... Cause they''re so cool...

They''re just narcissists...

Well wouldn''t it be nice to be Dorian Gray?

Just for a day

They''re just narcissists,

Oh, wouldn''t it be nice to be Dorian Gray

Every day? [8][8]Try readin my post again... where did I ever claim that Rose was as good as Drury? All I said is that Rose has played as well as Drury probably would of done in both games... he has not lets us down defensively and may of had the edge on Drury in those two games if you include the fact that he got forwards and bagged us a very good goal for a full back against Hartlepool.

[quote user="Brendan"]May I ask how that was a flukey goal? He shot for goal and it went in. He wouldnt have shot if he didnt have a chance, he had a chance and he scored a goal. Pretty simple really. [/quote]So you don''t think the goalkeeper was at fault? Getting beaten at his near post from that sort of angle? As I said, it was well struck, but I would be gutted if Forster let one of those get past him.

[quote user="Smudger"][8][8] Professionally trendy in the glow of Clapham sun...

Just for a day

Every day? [8][8]Try readin my post again... where did I ever claim that Rose was as good as Drury? All I said is that Rose has played as well as Drury probably would of done in both games... he has not lets us down defensively and may of had the edge on Drury in those two games if you include the fact that he got forwards and bagged us a very good goal for a full back against Hartlepool.[/quote][quote user="Smudger"]Drury being out has not really been a blow at all... Michael Rose has played at least as well as Adam would of if not better![/quote]Are you not suggesting that Rose is at least as good as, if not better, than Drury? Or do you mean that Rose is performing above his usual level? Or do you somehow predict Drury wouldn''t have been his usual self and given countless fouls away against Milwall?Honestly, with your confidence you should at least take your coaching badges Bry... Smudger! [;)]

This result was down to more than just the absence of Holt upfront. If it''s simply a case of clubs tending to defend when their strong target man is missing, why don''t we see it constantly with other clubs?Chelsea had no Drogba during the ACON, did they suddenly start playing much deeper and blaming the midfield for goals conceded? Adebayor has also been missing for Man City, is it purely his fault that they''ve been conceding goals?The midfield probably didn''t give as much support to the defence as they have done previously, but sometimes you just have admit that the defence themselves are at fault. The first goal was down to poor defence on the left, followed by even worse in the middle when the shot should have been easily blocked, and the second was down to a total lack of marking.Neither of the goals were down to a missing target man, or a below par midfield. The balance of play may have suffered due to these factors, but the goals conceded were simply down to poor defending.

Yes Indy both goals were down to poor defending.

For the first goal we had, incl forster, 9 players in the box, but absolutely no one was covering the edge of the box.  As the ball was pulled back,  behind the midfield who had been sucked in too deep into the penalty box (Korey was to the left of the spot as the right midfielder and was the man further out from goal, Russell marking no mans land between smithe and lappin,  who was at least facinging up to the crosser).  That is about poor discipline from the midfield, precisely sitting too deep and not keeping a good shape. Compounding that error was that when the ball was crossed only one player cared enough to see, react and to try and close the danger down.   It was a goal that was repeated dozens last season when again the defenders got the blame but it was about the midfielders sitting deep and not defending the space and late arriving players properly.

As far as the second goal is concerned we simply fell asleep and did not react to the short corner , we did not attack the crosser with the same committment as earlier in the season and neither Nelson nor Martin picked up or challenged their man.  Here the defence can be blamed but again as a team its poor defending.

Is it a crime to suggest that the team could be improved by other players we currently have in the squad?

Is it a crime to question Paul Lambert''s decisions? 

Let''s not forget that I am one of Paul Lambert''s biggest fans and stated that he would do a good job for us before most did on here.

However it is this narrow minded thinking by certain sections of our support which contributed to the mess that we got in to under Worthington, Grant, Roeder and club legend Gunn.

Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.

This defeat was preventable and many fans have been asking for the changes that many more are now starting to ask for after todays defeat for the last few weeks if not before.

Blind happiness with everything led us to Div 3... please learn from
the error of your ways!

Are you really so deluded as to think that you''re opinion has any bearing on who is picked for the team????  

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Neither of the goals were down to a missing target man, or a below par midfield. The balance of play may have suffered due to these factors, but the goals conceded were simply down to poor defending.[/quote]With respect, that is not the general point that some posters are making. I haven''t seen the

goals in the Millwall game but can easily believe they were the result

of specific bad defending. But then virtually every goal scored in the history

of football has probably included an element of bad defending.

The general point is that if you lack a target man to hold the ball up

then the opposition will have more possession than they would do

otherwise. With that increased possession comes increased pressure on

your defence. With that increased pressure comes the greater likelihood

of error.

Even the best Italian Serie A defences will eventually make mistakes if

they come under enough pressure. And we are not talking here about

Serie A defences - we''re talking about very fallible players in the

third tier of English football.

There may well have been very specific and glaring errors for both

Millwall goals, but the opportunity was there for our defence to make

them because we didn''t have the ball.

And that certainly also applies to the Hartlepool game, which I did see, and

in which all three goals came from mistakes. The Hartlepool midfield

had much more possession than it would have done against a Norwich team

with Holt in it. As a result they scored one goal and could easily have

scored more.

[quote user="........"]

Is it a crime to suggest that the team could be improved by other players we currently have in the squad?Is it a crime to question Paul Lambert''s decisions?  Let''s not forget that I am one of Paul Lambert''s biggest fans and stated that he would do a good job for us before most did on here.However it is this narrow minded thinking by certain sections of our support which contributed to the mess that we got in to under Worthington, Grant, Roeder and club legend Gunn.Lambert although doing well is in charge of a very big club in the 3rd tier of English Football.  As Nutty says, he has a long way to go yet before we can put him up with Worthy or any other of City''s top managers from the past.This defeat was preventable and many fans have been asking for the changes that many more are now starting to ask for after todays defeat for the last few weeks if not before.Blind happiness with everything led us to Div 3... please learn from the error of your ways!

Are you really so deluded as to think that you''re opinion has any bearing on who is picked for the team????  

[/quote]No... how about you?Where do I say that I think that???

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"][8][8] Professionally trendy in the glow of Clapham sun...

Just for a day

Every day? [8][8]Try readin my post again... where did I ever claim that Rose was as good as Drury? All I said is that Rose has played as well as Drury probably would of done in both games... he has not lets us down defensively and may of had the edge on Drury in those two games if you include the fact that he got forwards and bagged us a very good goal for a full back against Hartlepool.[/quote][quote user="Smudger"]Drury being out has not really been a blow at all... Michael Rose has played at least as well as Adam would of if not better![/quote]Are you not suggesting that Rose is at least as good as, if not better, than Drury? Or do you mean that Rose is performing above his usual level? Or do you somehow predict Drury wouldn''t have been his usual self and given countless fouls away against Milwall?Honestly, with your confidence you should at least take your coaching badges Bry... Smudger! [;)][/quote]I am simply saying that I believe in his two games so far Rose has made few errors, scored a goal and performed as well as I would of expected Drury to perform.  I believe that Rose is a good player, but it is too early to say whther he could be as good as Drury over the course of a season.  Drury has done very well this season... probably his best season since we were relegated from the Prem.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets not forget that 99.99999999999% of posters on here are glorified lounge managers!

[/quote]

Thank you, the gut, for segregating me from the rest of the rabble who post on here.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jammis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Thank you, the gut, for segregating me from the rest of the rabble who post on here.[/quote]

You done well Houston my friend to make the link "and the remaining 0.00000000001 just do not have a clue". 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So you''re saying you''re a lounge manager or clueless, or are you perhaps a mix. Way to "get me", tg.[/quote]

Most definitely a glorified lounge manager Houston! You what, you what, you what you what you what?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"][8][8] Professionally trendy in the glow of Clapham sun...

Just for a day

Every day? [8][8]Try readin my post again... where did I ever claim that Rose was as good as Drury? All I said is that Rose has played as well as Drury probably would of done in both games... he has not lets us down defensively and may of had the edge on Drury in those two games if you include the fact that he got forwards and bagged us a very good goal for a full back against Hartlepool.[/quote][quote user="Smudger"]Drury being out has not really been a blow at all... Michael Rose has played at least as well as Adam would of if not better![/quote]Are you not suggesting that Rose is at least as good as, if not better, than Drury? Or do you mean that Rose is performing above his usual level? Or do you somehow predict Drury wouldn''t have been his usual self and given countless fouls away against Milwall?Honestly, with your confidence you should at least take your coaching badges Bry... Smudger! [;)][/quote]I am simply saying that I believe in his two games so far Rose has made few errors, scored a goal and performed as well as I would of expected Drury to perform.  I believe that Rose is a good player, but it is too early to say whther he could be as good as Drury over the course of a season.  Drury has done very well this season... probably his best season since we were relegated from the Prem.[/quote]I tried praising Rose, but apparantly not. [:(]