Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

best ever strike partnership at city..

rosario has the best header in the game ,it did take him about 2 years to use his feet ..but i recall the game against southampton 4-4 when he scored .from about 35 yards with his right foot.

not sure about dean coney ..felt he was aiming at the scoreboard or traffic on gas hill whilst taking a shot .

[quote user="singing canary"]

whos your favourite ..?

kevin drinkell and wayne biggins ..!!!  now im going back ..!

[/quote]

There''s some good calls on here. MacDougall and Boyer are usually first to come to mind, both goalscorers too. Roberts and Bellamy was an awesome pairing where they both were capable of scoring 20 in a season. Manning and Curran worked great as a pair with Curran scoring the lions share of the goals. It''s hard to pick a favourite but "Drinks & Bertie are right up there for me too singing canary. I never felt Biggins got the recognition he deserved because he was a great partner for Drinkell.

[quote user="cosmos67"]John Deehan and keith bertchin thats the good old days[/quote]

That''s another good call.

Especially if we were playing Watford[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]Bly and Alcock without a doubt.[/quote]With Jimmy Hill behind them Butler, can you see a likeness with our current three?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Bly and Alcock without a doubt.[/quote]With Jimmy Hill behind them Butler, can you see a likeness with our current three?[/quote]

I can indeed but where is THE BUTLER at CB please do not sully it by even mentioning that ginger thing!!

Now we need the pace of Crossan and the guile of BB and our team will be certain to triumph!!

As someone else says above, Boyer & McDougall followed by Manning & Curran.

The old fashioned two up front needed a good winger and in those days we had them in Kenny Foggo (the best), Charlie Crickmore, Steven Grapes and Jimmy Neighbour.

In my viewing time I enjoyed Bertschin and Dixie,  and Bigging and Drinkell, and Boyer and McDougall were ok but nothing will beat Sutton and Robins for pace footballing ability and excitement..

OK, DEB, I was wondering when Fashanu/Reeves was going to get a mention or if it would have to be me to mention them. Finally some sanity restored to this thread!

McDougall/Boyer were awesome, too.

I too was thinking Deehan & Bertchin. They were classic.

Who did Drinkell partner other than Fleck (I think)?