Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Is the Withdean away view really THAT terrible?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Shyster"]It''s an awful view. Especially when Barclayman''s behind you and you aren''t facing the pitch.[/quote]

Is the awful view referring to the Withdean or Morty''s willy?

I''ve only been to the Withdean and sat in the home stand - not the covered one but the one running along the long side of the pitch opposite.  The other Norwich fans were directly opposite but facing at an angle.  Very strange

The Withdean is unique in that its like the stands you get at the Norfolk Show - all scaffolding poles - and the stands rattle when people stand up.  God knows what its like when a goal goes in - we won 2-0 that day and kept schtum - unlike the bloke behind who''s only chant throughout the game was "Come and suck my C0 ck - it tastes of Brighton Rock".  Funny 1st time, boring from then on

Transport links are good though we parked at Haywards Heath, got the train and then had a fair walk to the ground.  It was an experience though I feel sorry for the Brighton fans that have to put up with it every other week

[/quote]Woah there, what does my flaccid spam javelin have to do with any of this?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Shyster"]It''s an awful view. Especially when Barclayman''s behind you and you aren''t facing the pitch.
[/quote]

Is the awful view referring to the Withdean or Morty''s willy?

I''ve only been to the Withdean and sat in the home stand - not the covered one but the one running along the long side of the pitch opposite.  The other Norwich fans were directly opposite but facing at an angle.  Very strange

The Withdean is unique in that its like the stands you get at the Norfolk Show - all scaffolding poles - and the stands rattle when people stand up.  God knows what its like when a goal goes in - we won 2-0 that day and kept schtum - unlike the bloke behind who''s only chant throughout the game was "Come and suck my C0 ck - it tastes of Brighton Rock".  Funny 1st time, boring from then on

Transport links are good though we parked at Haywards Heath, got the train and then had a fair walk to the ground.  It was an experience though I feel sorry for the Brighton fans that have to put up with it every other week

[/quote]

Woah there, what does my flaccid spam javelin have to do with any of this?

[;)]
[/quote]

Hahaha spam Javelin  [:D]

Take the missus to Brighton for the weekend. Tell her it''s a dirty one, bung her a couple of quid to buy herself something nice whilst you go to the game then a night out in Brighton town...wham bam!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="fleckyfan"]

I''m sure she''ll understand !

[/quote]

No, I really don''t think she will lol.
[/quote]

A few years ago I was told its either football or me (a woman)! sadly that was the last I saw of her!! never let a woman get between a man and football! (family motto)

I''m with WAY on this. Valentine''s Day is Sunday 14th Feb; Saturday is 13th Feb. Go to football. Compromise is the only way to make a relationship work, if it''s going to. Can''t spend life in each other''s pockets - too stiffling.Personnaly it''s over-rated and the price of roses goes up to exorbitant amounts. Rather have flowers at other times of the year when I can have more for less!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]I''m with WAY on this. Valentine''s Day is Sunday 14th Feb; Saturday is 13th Feb. Go to football. Compromise is the only way to make a relationship work, if it''s going to. Can''t spend life in each other''s pockets - too stiffling.Personnaly it''s over-rated and the price of roses goes up to exorbitant amounts. Rather have flowers at other times of the year when I can have more for less!

[/quote]Lol, thanks for the advice. Maybe I should have consulted you before I got divorced (twice)Truth be told you I''m not massively arsed about going to Brighton, but if I can pitch it so that I am giving up something I wanted to do to spend a romantic evening with the chick then its all shag points in the bank.[;)]

I''ve been there once and the view is terrible! Wouldn''t give my money for that trip although I respect every Norwich fan who goes and supports City...but thid is a trip I''m not doing because of the onetime experience which really was cr@p