Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Is the Withdean away view really THAT terrible?

I have heard people going on about the awful away view so I looked at a few clips on Youtube and it does really look terrible! Has anyone witnessed it and if so, is it really that bad? Can you see the other side of the pitch? [:)] [:P] Thanks! [Y]

You are lucky to see goals in the net you actually sit behind... no joke!

One of the reasons I''m not bothered about listening to the game on the radio... the view isn''t much worse than being there.... it really is that bad!

Yes, it is. Been whenever weve played there - Its like a sea life centre with temporary seats and no atmosphere, at a stupid angle to the pitch, miles from the goal and no roof. Oh and theres no parking.

See you saturday!...

I''m in a quandary, I have a mate who lives in Brighton who has offered me a ticket, but its the Saturday night closest to Valentines day.Football or keep the girlfriend happy, its a tricky one.

[quote user="fleckyfan"]

I''m sure she''ll understand !

[/quote]No, I really don''t think she will lol.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]You should have done what I have, go to the game and take the wife[/quote]But I don''t know your wife.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]So why did she mumble Morty in her sleep last night ?[/quote]Hey, she''s only human, not made of wood.Maybe she was saying "More tea"?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="marvin the martian"]So why did she mumble Morty in her sleep last night ?[/quote]

Hey, she''s only human, not made of wood.

Maybe she was saying "More tea"?
[/quote]

Neither is her husband by the sound of it....boom boom

[quote user="marvin the martian"]She likes her tea black, a bit like how she likes her men[/quote]Lolol!!!

[quote user="morty"]I''m in a quandary, I have a mate who lives in Brighton who has offered me a ticket, but its the Saturday night closest to Valentines day.

Football or keep the girlfriend happy, its a tricky one.
[/quote]

It''s not Valentines until the Sunday, so go to football, have flowers delivered on the Saturday, and then take her out for a nice meal on the Sunday, simple!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m in a quandary, I have a mate who lives in Brighton who has offered me a ticket, but its the Saturday night closest to Valentines day.Football or keep the girlfriend happy, its a tricky one.[/quote]

It''s not Valentines until the Sunday, so go to football, have flowers delivered on the Saturday, and then take her out for a nice meal on the Sunday, simple!!!

[/quote]Lol, no its not really that simple, she''s way more high maintenance than that lol.And if I go see my mate we will most likely get mangled Saturday night so you can pretty much write Sunday off!

[quote user="morty"]I''m in a quandary, I have a mate who lives in Brighton who has offered me a ticket, but its the Saturday night closest to Valentines day.

[/quote]

Amazing! Do you really have to ask?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m in a quandary, I have a mate who lives in Brighton who has offered me a ticket, but its the Saturday night closest to Valentines day.Football or keep the girlfriend happy, its a tricky one.[/quote]

[/quote]I have to be pragmatic, football is great, but I can''t put my willy in it.[:P]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]I have to be pragmatic, football is great, but I can''t put my willy in it.[:P][/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to be pragmatic, football is great, but I can''t put my willy in it.

[:P]
[/quote]

Whatever happened to compromise in a relationship?

I would be more than happy (if I didn''t like footy) for hubby to go and leave me.  Sunday, after all is Valentines, not saturday.

If I were you I would put your foot down with a firm hand lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]I have to be pragmatic, football is great, but I can''t put my willy in it.[:P][/quote]

I would be more than happy (if I didn''t like footy) for hubby to go and leave me.  Sunday, after all is Valentines, not saturday.

[/quote]To be fair though I do go to every home game, so starting to go to away games really is defeating any compromise already in place. Lol, I won''t be putting my foot down, I''m not one for the mousey type, I like em angry and feisty![:P]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Oh come off it, WAY, you know what women are like.If morty puts football first, he''ll be using a firm hand for sure.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh come off it, WAY, you know what women are like.

If morty puts football first, he''ll be using a firm hand for sure.
[/quote]

Of course I know what women are like, I am one [:)]

Maybe i''m just an easy going person, but compromise is what it''s all about with me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair though I do go to every home game, so starting to go to away games really is defeating any compromise already in place. Lol, I won''t be putting my foot down, I''m not one for the mousey type, I like em angry and feisty!

[/quote]

But you went to home games before you met her did you not?  I just don''t see why anyone should have to give up their hobby lol

If it wasn''t Valentines would you have gone to the game?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]To be fair though I do go to every home game, so starting to go to away games really is defeating any compromise already in place. Lol, I won''t be putting my foot down, I''m not one for the mousey type, I like em angry and feisty![:P][/quote]

But you went to home games before you met her did you not?  I just don''t see why anyone should have to give up their hobby lol

[/quote]I seem to remember saying that you have been married a long time. Women have changed, in some quite scarey ways now. They want the vote, orgasms, a career and they even want their own opinions.I, like most guys just want an easy life and to get laid once in a while.Yeah I would probably have gone if it wasn''t Valentines, some women wait the entire year for this day though and woe betide the man that doesn''t put the required effort in!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]To be fair though I do go to every home game, so starting to go to away games really is defeating any compromise already in place. Lol, I won''t be putting my foot down, I''m not one for the mousey type, I like em angry and feisty![:P][/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, WAY, but I''m hazarding a guess that morty has only recently met this girl and he''s going out of his way to keep her keen, so to speak.Six months down the line and he''ll be going to the footy despite her and holding her head under the duvet when he farts.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Yes, WAY, but I''m hazarding a guess that morty has only recently met this girl and he''s going out of his way to keep her keen, so to speak.Six months down the line and he''ll be going to the footy despite her and holding her head under the duvet when he farts.[/quote]No way Shyster, playing "Dutch ovens" is part of my seduction ritual.[:P]

This whole thred sums up just where football is so wrong nowadays. 

Quite simply you should go to the game and on your return you should expect your tea on the table with a cold beer served by your other half dressed in very lttle ready to satisfy your needs after a hard day at football.

[quote user="Shyster"]It''s an awful view. Especially when Barclayman''s behind you and you aren''t facing the pitch.
[/quote]

Is the awful view referring to the Withdean or Morty''s willy?

I''ve only been to the Withdean and sat in the home stand - not the covered one but the one running along the long side of the pitch opposite.  The other Norwich fans were directly opposite but facing at an angle.  Very strange

The Withdean is unique in that its like the stands you get at the Norfolk Show - all scaffolding poles - and the stands rattle when people stand up.  God knows what its like when a goal goes in - we won 2-0 that day and kept schtum - unlike the bloke behind who''s only chant throughout the game was "Come and suck my C0 ck - it tastes of Brighton Rock".  Funny 1st time, boring from then on

Transport links are good though we parked at Haywards Heath, got the train and then had a fair walk to the ground.  It was an experience though I feel sorry for the Brighton fans that have to put up with it every other week