Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Risking ridicule, but.........

I am actually enjoying the League One experience. I''ve mostly been entertained at Carrow Rd and we''ve seen some decent opposition. It beats being anonymous in the Championship, that''s for sure.

On that logic, if we get ourselves relegated to League 2 we could be as big as Chelsea or Man Utd compare to those teams playing the beautiful game week in week out.Do you imagine that if we fail to go back up first time we will still have the money to hold on to the standard of player that brings about that decent football or is it more likely that we to will have a team full of youngsters, cloggers and lower league journeyman like most of the teams we have played this season?OK to "enjoy" being at our lowest league level for 50 years for one season but I think I will opt for the Championship again next season please - even if we are mid table [:)]

OMG....In the summer of 1985 Everton put out a reserve side after winning the league against Coventry(who had 2 win 2 stay up)..You guessed it-we were relegated..I cried (only 6 years old)and refused 2 eat my tea at my Grans.

In the summer of 2009 Norwich City got destroyed by a side who used 2 be a regular 0-0 fixture back in the 90''s-The glamourous Charlton (who were down already) -This sent us into the abyss of league one (and no it''s not the 80''s)and you are happy.

This is the final insult 2 many fans & life long canary heads.

This is a insult 2 the memory of all heroes past.

Forgive us Mick Channon,

Forgive us Kevin Drinkell,

Forgive us Robert Fleck,

Forgive us John Fashanu,

Forgive us Dixie Deehan.

OTBC

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]OMG....In the summer of 1985 Everton put out a reserve side after winning the league against Coventry(who had 2 win 2 stay up)..You guessed it-we were relegated..I cried (only 6 years old)and refused 2 eat my tea at my Grans. In the summer of 2009 Norwich City got destroyed by a side who used 2 be a regular 0-0 fixture back in the 90''s-The glamourous Charlton (who were down already) -This sent us into the abyss of league one (and no it''s not the 80''s)and you are happy. This is the final insult 2 many fans & life long canary heads. This is a insult 2 the memory of all heroes past. Forgive us Mick Channon, Forgive us Kevin Drinkell, Forgive us Robert Fleck, Forgive us John Fashanu, Forgive us Dixie Deehan. OTBC ,[/quote]

FFS...

I''m with you Squire, at least for this season. Wouldn''t want to stay down here but in terms of the here and now, i don''t think anyone can say they''re not enjoying themselves at the moment.

If we were doing nothing in the Champ everyone would be sniping at each other on here, the fans would be all antsy and the matches wouldn''t be so great as they are now. No-one can say that Carrow Road is not a better place to be now that it since we were relegated from the prem.

p.s. for those that like to start arguments, this is not saying we want to be in league 1 forever and don''t want promotion!

I kind of know where you''re coming from Squire. The atmosphere around Carra Rd was getting pretty toxic (or else flat). I am currently enjoying this season more than any since relegation from the Premiership probably due to a combination of playing style and the fact we aren''t getting thumped most of the time, plus I just can''t abide booing of your own team. Some people on here speculated whether relegation might do us some good -a period of consolidation, regrouping, blooding our academy young''uns -a sort of catharsis. The fat lady hasn''t sung I know, and other posters cited the experiences of massive clubs like Leeds/Forest being suck down here but so far so good, and personally I like the journey we''re embarking on rather than perpetual Championship obscurity/disappointment. McNally & Lambert are showing us what we''ve missed in terms of professional appointment.

I agree Squire, but only as a one-off. I wouldn''t want to get too attached to League 1. Just a flying visit that we can look back on fondly. A bit like a decent weekend away.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]yeah were winning so people are enjoying it, but i would much rather be in the championship watching real good quality stuff.[/quote]

Don''t suppose you are old enough to remember the prem/proper first division and having a decent team playing at that level.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]yeah were winning so people are enjoying it, but i would much rather be in the championship watching real good quality stuff.[/quote]

Don''t suppose you are old enough to remember the prem/proper first division and having a decent team playing at that level.

[/quote]

Those were the days Butler, who needs seats to watch a game of Football

[/quote]

Those were the days Butler, who needs seats to watch a game of Football

[quote user="a1canary"]I''m with you Squire, at least for this season. Wouldn''t want to stay down here but in terms of the here and now, i don''t think anyone can say they''re not enjoying themselves at the moment.

If we were doing nothing in the Champ everyone would be sniping at each other on here, the fans would be all antsy and the matches wouldn''t be so great as they are now. No-one can say that Carrow Road is not a better place to be now that it since we were relegated from the prem.

p.s. for those that like to start arguments, this is not saying we want to be in league 1 forever and don''t want promotion![/quote][Y]

Exactly, it has been fun so far, any team in whatever league would

enjoy going on such a run as we''ve had! Looking down the league in any

case, most of these teams have been in the Championship over the last

few seasons anyway so it isn''t too different a fixture list compared

with the last 5 years!

It has done us good to get out of the stagnant Champ, learn about

winning ways and now we''ll continue to follow Leicester''s path and be

hitting the top 6 next season.

If you discount the disaster of being in this league I agre with the OP and many others on this thred. This year has given us a chance to visit many new grounds and revisit a few I have not ben to for a while. Away days at this level are on a different level to what we have experienced before.

Stockport - playing snooker in the labour club 2 minutes away from the ground up until 20 minutes before kick off. (Cost £1 to get in but drinks were really cheap)

Carlisle - in the local rugby club before the game and parking easily at the ground.

Colchester away - taking over the town centre and the game was the icing on the cake

Millwall - always a great atmosphere which you don''t get at many grounds

Southend - the only away pub in Britain with no beer or cider or little lese other than one lager. Great ground as well when you fill the away end.

Brighton on the train this weekend. One ground I will be happy to never see again.

It''s not all doom and gloom after relegation. It might be though if we don;''t go up. Carlisle away next year may not seem quite so attractive.

I think if nothing else the mood on this board has improved dramatically this season (well after the first few games anyway!).

I would rather see us scrapping to stay in the champ but it has been much easier supporting a winning side - no surprise there.

Football like many sports owes a lot to morale and form and think we will have a better chance next season in the champ after promotion than someone like Plymouth who might manage to just avoid relegation.

We''re Norwich fans and League One is where Norwich are. Despite so many claims to the contrary it''s not our fault that we have to watch the team in League One. Winning and scoring goals is enjoyable for any club''s fans at any level. I''m sure we''d all much prefer to be winning games in higher leagues and hopefully we soon will be. But as far as I can see those who are not enjoying us winning games now have already made their minds up not to enjoy it whatever. And how sad is that[:^)]

Quite right Squire. I’m sure you, like all of us don’t want to stay down here, but for me I have loved the buzz, smiles and optimism about the ground on match day. The kill joy doom and gloom “it could all go wrong, don’t get carried away” glass half empty posters seem to miss the point. Its been great football, compared to recent seasons, so lets enjoy it for what its worth. Hopefully all the good play will lead to promotion which is what we all want. Don’t we?

If we had stayed up that would probably have meant another relegation battle because the legend would have hung on to the managers job. We are where we are so lets just enjoy it while it looks good.

Back to winning ways at Brighton!!

"Too many flicks, farts and fannies"

Too many fannies???

totaly agree! Norwich r a big fish in a small pond in league 1 and we won''t be in the championship. We won''t be able to compete unless we get some serious investment!

I wouldn''t worry about risking ridicule Squire.......we all do that every time we post on here.Can''t agree with you regarding the League One experience though. I still feel badly let down by those who have been in charge for the last few years. With the exception of the promotion and Premiership season things have only got better since last August after 14 years of almost continuous dross and I don''t forgive and forget that easily.It''s nice to see us win more often than not but we wouldn''t be having to scuff around in the Third Division if it wasn''t for some of the laughable decisions made by some of the the clowns in the NCFC Boardroom.Until we can make a decent fist of things at a higher level again I''m staying as one of the underwhelmed.........

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]OMG....In the summer of 1985 Everton put out a reserve side after winning the league against Coventry(who had 2 win 2 stay up)..You guessed it-we were relegated..I cried (only 6 years old)and refused 2 eat my tea at my Grans.

In the summer of 2009 Norwich City got destroyed by a side who used 2 be a regular 0-0 fixture back in the 90''s-The glamourous Charlton (who were down already) -This sent us into the abyss of league one (and no it''s not the 80''s)and you are happy.

This is the final insult 2 many fans & life long canary heads.

This is a insult 2 the memory of all heroes past.

Forgive us Mick Channon,

Forgive us Kevin Drinkell,

Forgive us Robert Fleck,

Forgive us John Fashanu,

Forgive us Dixie Deehan.

OTBC

,[/quote]... Justin?

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]OMG....In the summer of 1985 Everton put out a reserve side after winning the league against Coventry(who had 2 win 2 stay up)..You guessed it-we were relegated..I cried (only 6 years old)and refused 2 eat my tea at my Grans. In the summer of 2009 Norwich City got destroyed by a side who used 2 be a regular 0-0 fixture back in the 90''s-The glamourous Charlton (who were down already) -This sent us into the abyss of league one (and no it''s not the 80''s)and you are happy. This is the final insult 2 many fans & life long canary heads. This is a insult 2 the memory of all heroes past. Forgive us Mick Channon, Forgive us Kevin Drinkell, Forgive us Robert Fleck, Forgive us John Fashanu, Forgive us Dixie Deehan. OTBC ,[/quote]

Youuu will goooo on my first whistle..........

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]Forgive us John Fashanu[/quote]Did you mean Justin Fashanu? I know John Fashanu played for city but he only made about ten appearances compared to Justin''s 90 odd.

[/quote]

2 FAC Semi Finals

3rd, 4th and 5th in the top tier...........

Hansen kept telling us that we wouldn''t stay top of the table........

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

2 FAC Semi Finals

3rd, 4th and 5th in the top tier...........

Hansen kept telling us that we wouldn''t stay top of the table........

[/quote]

So just imagine that you were now 118 years old Tangie. You got your first season ticket in 1902 when you were 10. You renewed every year since. But only enjoyed five seasons......

What a waste of money that would have been[;)]

I was leaning severely towards the cynics points of view until nutty nigel came along and put things into the best perspective so far, and made me laugh too! Well done, nn.

However, I also agree with the poster who said it''s fine only as a one-off. Yes, we are dominating, but it''s almost like when I play basketball with my kids on the driveway. I let them keep the score close to make it fun, I lose on purpose sometimes to make their day, and occasionally they get the final basket to beat me, but it''s really men against kids for me (and NCFC).

Should we stay down and grow accustomed to life at this level, it will be like my kids getting older and beating me for real. Nice for them but a sign to me that my day has come and gone. I don''t want to see that for NCFC.

Smithy speaks for me on this thread. Yes, it''s great to win games, but just look at where we are. This had better be a temporary home, very temporary.

Another season down here, minus the better players and it doesn''t bear thinking about. With this team, manager and NEW additions on the board I believe we could make a decent shot of the Championship, plus a few additions to the squad.

Forward thinking is what we need and the ability to go forward, not thinking this is our level. That attitude has contributed massively to getting us where we are now.

And it''s not just an age thing, my two kids in their 20s aren''t impressed with the third division either.