Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="morty"]
If I''m honest I''m quite happy no one here knowing my name or what I look like, last thing you want is a tap on the shoulder from some muppet you have disagreed with on here lol.
[/quote]

I have quite the opposite view to this Morty. I''m always happy to meet people who post on here. I hate the old "cloak&dagger" image of the internet. Care has to be exercised in certain situations but what you have on this forum is a group of people who have a common bond.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="shefcanary"]

I tried to "befriend" Smudger directly on facebook, but he had nothing of it.  Not sure he wants to be appreciated.  Has he been singing "Hip Priest" by the Fall a lot recently perchance - chorus is "He is not appreciated!".  He shares the same name as the lead singer from the Fall so quite interesting.  See this page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=4625457551

Globo from Norwich do a good cover of the song apparently!

[/quote]If I''m honest I''m quite happy no one here knowing my name or what I look like, last thing you want is a tap on the shoulder from some muppet you have disagreed with on here lol.[/quote]

HA! Same as that, morty.I''ve taken the pi*s out of far too many people to be putting my phisog (albeit extremely handsome) on there.Speaking of which - please tell me that, that is father & daughter below:[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v228/398/66/n1493899097_6837.jpg[/img]

And I assume Mark Smith here is Smudger:[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v226/29/9/n644321225_4891.jpg[/img]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]If I''m honest I''m quite happy no one here knowing my name or what I look like, last thing you want is a tap on the shoulder from some muppet you have disagreed with on here lol.[/quote]

I have quite the opposite view to this Morty. I''m always happy to meet people who post on here. I hate the old "cloak&dagger" image of the internet. Care has to be exercised in certain situations but what you have on this forum is a group of people who have a common bond.

[/quote]I can agree with that, but I''m a "say it how it is" kinda guy, and sometimes when I feel the need to point out certain posters stupidity they take exception to this. There are a great deal of people I''d happily meet off here for a beer, but I am very cautious what information is presented about me on the net, you would be surprised just how many nutters it contains, and also surprised just how easy it would be to find someone if you really wanted to.Call it paranoia if you like, I prefer to call it prudence (without ambition)[:)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="shefcanary"]

I tried to "befriend" Smudger directly on facebook, but he had nothing of it.  Not sure he wants to be appreciated.  Has he been singing "Hip Priest" by the Fall a lot recently perchance - chorus is "He is not appreciated!".  He shares the same name as the lead singer from the Fall so quite interesting.  See this page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=4625457551

Globo from Norwich do a good cover of the song apparently!

[/quote]If I''m honest I''m quite happy no one here knowing my name or what I look like, last thing you want is a tap on the shoulder from some muppet you have disagreed with on here lol.[/quote]

HA! Same as that, morty.I''ve taken the pi*s out of far too many people to be putting my phisog (albeit extremely handsome) on there.Speaking of which - please tell me that, that is father & daughter below:[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v228/398/66/n1493899097_6837.jpg[/img][/quote]Lol, couldn''t possibly comment.Like I say this bit of mischief raises an important point that people should heed. You have shown the ability to lift a photo (to do with what you like) link it to a name, and perhaps if they haven''t set their security settings on FB, you can now look at pics of their friends, family and children. And if they have really been lax with the settings maybe their mobile number and E-mail addy.[:)]

Well I guess you could say I''m a "say it how it is" kinda guy[;)] but I have never had a problem with posters in person and have made some very good friends from here. But yes, you do have to exercise caution as you would in all situations. I guess if posters do meet up they should do it in a group situation at first. Like our PUP meets or at fans forums. Safety in numbers and all that.

Well I guess you could say I''m a "say it how it is" kinda guy[;)] but I have never had a problem with posters in person and have made some very good friends from here. But yes, you do have to exercise caution as you would in all situations. I guess if posters do meet up they should do it in a group situation at first. Like our PUP meets or at fans forums. Safety in numbers and all that.

[/quote]Do you all get nakkid at these PUP meets? Tell me more about them.[:P]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Do you all get nakkid at these PUP meets? Tell me more about them.

[:P]
[/quote]

Shyster.....

Is that you[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Do you all get nakkid at these PUP meets? Tell me more about them.[:P][/quote]

Shyster.....

Is that you[:^)]

[/quote]Lol, no it isn''t.Do you just all meet for a beer, fully clothed, then?[:)]

[/quote]

Are you being serious here Nutty?"do it in a group situation at first"."safety in numbers and all that" Surely we are talking about fellow football fans who all love Norwich City who probably mingle with each other without knowing it in pubs and supermarkets etc.You make it sound like a counselling session for the victims of murderers and kiddie fiddlers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Are you being serious here Nutty?"do it in a group situation at first"."safety in numbers and all that" Surely we are talking about fellow football fans who all love Norwich City who probably mingle with each other without knowing it in pubs and supermarkets etc.You make it sound like a counselling session for the victims of murderers and kiddie fiddlers.

[/quote]Well I had someone on here the other night offer me a broken nose, so you never know.[:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought I was doing the complete opposite of that. Where on earth did you get that idea from?

And for the sake of Tilly I will repeat my original post and welcome a reply. If I write in italics maybe he''ll read it[:|]

And for the sake of Tilly I will repeat my original post and welcome a reply. If I write in italics maybe he''ll read it[:|]

[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="morty"]Ooh, who''s up for a pint then?

[:P]
[/quote]

Well, I''ll be in The Nelson on the day of the Leeds game [B]

But I won''t be settling for one... [+o(]

Well you can take a look here Morty. We had another meet at Christmas. I don''t know when the next one will be but you would be welcome (even more so if you left a selection to help Pboro this week). Tilly was at both of them and he knows my feelings about this so I can only assume he''s posting to wind me up.

Anyway, you can work out which one is me but I always leave it up to the individuals to make themselves known.

Well you can take a look here Morty. We had another meet at Christmas. I don''t know when the next one will be but you would be welcome (even more so if you left a selection to help Pboro this week). Tilly was at both of them and he knows my feelings about this so I can only assume he''s posting to wind me up.

Anyway, you can work out which one is me but I always leave it up to the individuals to make themselves known.

[/quote]I may just take you up on that!How do I do this PUP thing? Pretend I know nothing about football betting etc. (This is actually the case lol)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I may just take you up on that!

How do I do this PUP thing? Pretend I know nothing about football betting etc. (This is actually the case lol)
[/quote]

You just have a look at the weekends fixtures and make a selection that you blieve has the best chance of coming up. That''s all there is to it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I may just take you up on that!How do I do this PUP thing? Pretend I know nothing about football betting etc. (This is actually the case lol)[/quote]

You just have a look at the weekends fixtures and make a selection that you blieve has the best chance of coming up. That''s all there is to it.

[/quote]Any fixture from any league? Or just English?

Any game in any league that Billy can get a price for. Usually that''s listed on Boyle or Ladbrokes. But you are safe to pick from all the major European leagues.

Any game in any league that Billy can get a price for. Usually that''s listed on Boyle or Ladbrokes. But you are safe to pick from all the major European leagues.

[/quote]And then he gets me a free bet, and any money won goes to the academy?I''ll have some of that!

[/quote]

Me wind you up Nutty,heaven forbid as i leave that to my mate The Butler.

Yes i have read your post in italics(why did you do that? I find it Soooooooo annoying) and i just find it unreal that some people are frightened by keyboard warriors who let their fingers issue abuse and threats.Those idiots never turn at your meetings Nutty and never will.Distance and geography does not come into it as you well know,it is because they are sad.That is what i was referring to in your "safety in numbers" post.

[/quote]

Me wind you up Nutty,heaven forbid as i leave that to my mate The Butler.

Yes i have read your post in italics(why did you do that? I find it Soooooooo annoying) and i just find it unreal that some people are frightened by keyboard warriors who let their fingers issue abuse and threats.Those idiots never turn at your meetings Nutty and never will.Distance and geography does not come into it as you well know,it is because they are sad.That is what i was referring to in your "safety in numbers" post.

[/quote]

But my safety in numbers post was in reply to a poster who had concerns. We are all individuals you know! I am quite happy to meet or speak to anyone on here. My phone number has been published on here, just as yours has. Folk know where to find me in the Barclay on match days. They can find me on away days. They know where I work. But all people aren''t like you and I and the safety in numbers option may suit them better.

Oh, and I waved to you today unless someone else was driving your car but why do you miss the 39 off the number plate[:^)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I may just take you up on that!

How do I do this PUP thing? Pretend I know nothing about football betting etc. (This is actually the case lol)
[/quote]

Not women''s football though ;)

[/quote]

Any fixture from any league? Or just English?
[/quote]