Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

"Let's be 'avin you" revisited

[quote user="Brendan"]Everyone says that yeah, but havent you all done things when you were drunk?[/quote]Lol, you REALLY don''t want to know.Well, maybe one.I got absolutely wankered while staying in a 5 star hotel in Bahrain (The Diplomat) and couldn''t make my room so slept in a flower bed outside the hotel entrance (Remembering camel spiders and snakes inhabit this country)I was woken in the morning by a gardener poking me with some sort of implement and saying "Time to wake up now sir, time to go"[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]

May I suggest you try a bed if you want to go to sleep!

[/quote]

No, you may not.

I think you know fine well I was pointing out how (yet again) the same three or four posters go round and round and round and round and never really getting anywhere. So stuck in their own little worlds that it doesn''t matter what anyone types to them, they shall just ignore it and answer questions with their ( obviously far more important) questions.

[:)]
[/quote]

So may I suggest you dont read their posts - simple really.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Everyone says that yeah, but havent you all done things when you were drunk?[/quote]Lol, you REALLY don''t want to know.Well, maybe one.I got absolutely wankered while staying in a 5 star hotel in Bahrain (The Diplomat) and couldn''t make my room so slept in a flower bed outside the hotel entrance (Remembering camel spiders and snakes inhabit this country)I was woken in the morning by a gardener poking me with some sort of implement and saying "Time to wake up now sir, time to go"[:)][/quote]Exactly. Hipocrit. [;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]

May I suggest you try a bed if you want to go to sleep!

[/quote]No, you may not.I think you know fine well I was pointing out how (yet again) the same three or four posters go round and round and round and round and never really getting anywhere. So stuck in their own little worlds that it doesn''t matter what anyone types to them, they shall just ignore it and answer questions with their ( obviously far more important) questions.[:)][/quote]

So may I suggest you dont read their posts - simple really.

[/quote]No, I shall read them and whine about how boring they are, it is my constitutional right.[:)]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Everyone says that yeah, but havent you all done things when you were drunk?[/quote]Lol, you REALLY don''t want to know.Well, maybe one.I got absolutely wankered while staying in a 5 star hotel in Bahrain (The Diplomat) and couldn''t make my room so slept in a flower bed outside the hotel entrance (Remembering camel spiders and snakes inhabit this country)I was woken in the morning by a gardener poking me with some sort of implement and saying "Time to wake up now sir, time to go"[:)][/quote]Exactly. Hipocrit. [;)][/quote]I have never criticised Delia for her actions, although it makes me cringe a little I''m secretly proud of her.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]

I have never criticised Delia for her actions, although it makes me cringe a little I''m secretly proud of her.

[;)]
[/quote]

Morty.. take a bow son[Y]

This post has been up three hours without reply. Had I posted that it would have been jumped all over within three minutes.

I''m proud of her too.................

Holy guacamole, I am agreeing with morty AND nutty nigel, twice for nn in the last few minutes. (The other was on a different thread)

The "let''s be ''avin'' you" incident finally got Norwich some time on Fox Football Friday, a show that hardly mentioned us that entire season. Any publicity is good publicity, at least when the alternative is being competely ignored. My kids have t-shirts we bought at the Carrow Road store with that quote on one side and Delia''s Barmy Army on the other.

If she went out there and did it this season, nobody outside of the UK would even know about it. Besides, she was making a valid point, was she not?

I still say Delia was drunk....when she ranted.

If Delia was your mum when she waddled onto the pitch and ''grabbed'' (she wasn''t offered) the microphone....Would you be proud?

Or, roll your eyes and cringe like you do when your Dad dances solo at a function?

Wonder if the banned ''ticket throwing two'' were drunk?

Or, were they just being passionate?

it''s simple really, it''s a question of style and taste. Those who are "really proud" of Delia''s "performance" are also no doubt really proud of their On The Buses Betamax video collection, their Status Quo records, the smart tank top they''re wearing today, their Reliant Robin on the driveway.......

Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]Who cares if she was pissed?Her intentions were good, and I can completely identify with doing something a bit daft whilst squiffy and regretting it the next day. It made her more human and "one of the lads" in my eyes.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]

Who cares if she was pissed?

Her intentions were good, and I can completely identify with doing something a bit daft whilst squiffy and regretting it the next day. It made her more human and "one of the lads" in my eyes.
[/quote]

What I fine example to set. There the county is trying hard to get kids to cut down on drink and.............

No wonder their are drunks wandering around the City every night.

Well done!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]Who cares if she was pissed?Her intentions were good, and I can completely identify with doing something a bit daft whilst squiffy and regretting it the next day. It made her more human and "one of the lads" in my eyes.[/quote]

What I fine example to set. There the county is trying hard to get kids to cut down on drink and.............

Well done!

[/quote]I presume you are having a laugh. Ever had a few too many and been a bit silly?Lets face it, in the grand scheme of things, no one died and no one got pregnant.If anything her actions would probably put people off drinking rather than encourage them.[:)]

Oh and any comparison between a director of the club entering the pitch and two lairy disgruntled fans is just silly and has been adequately covered in previous threads.[:)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]That''s interesting. I would have thought that was a good thing, but then I love my family to bits. Perhaps (likewise) she was trying to do her best by them?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]it''s simple really, it''s a question of style and taste. Those who are "really proud" of Delia''s "performance" are also no doubt really proud of their On The Buses Betamax video collection, their Status Quo records, the smart tank top they''re wearing today, their Reliant Robin on the driveway.......[/quote]That''s an awful lot of assumptions about people''s style & taste. I think you''ll find they''ll often confound your prejudices.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]That''s interesting. I would have thought that was a good thing, but then I love my family to bits. Perhaps (likewise) she was trying to do her best by them?[/quote]Some people will refuse to see that though, they just need someone to blame for all the mistakes over recent years and she''ll do. Despite the fact that all the other board members were just as culpable, that is conveniently ignored.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]

Who cares if she was pissed?

Her intentions were good, and I can completely identify with doing something a bit daft whilst squiffy and regretting it the next day. It made her more human and "one of the lads" in my eyes.
[/quote]

Well done!

[/quote]

I presume you are having a laugh. Ever had a few too many and been a bit silly?

Lets face it, in the grand scheme of things, no one died and no one got pregnant.

If anything her actions would probably put people off drinking rather than encourage them.

[/quote]

Very true looking at that PICTURE put me off my bottle of red for days!!

I also did not see 20,000 red blooded males rushing the pitch to .......No the thoughts too horrendous for an early Saturday morning.

That way you could have got a nap hand!![:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]

That''s interesting. I would have thought that was a good thing, but then I love my family to bits. Perhaps (likewise) she was trying to do her best by them?

[/quote]

Some people will refuse to see that though, they just need someone to blame for all the mistakes over recent years and she''ll do. Despite the fact that all the other board members were just as culpable, that is conveniently ignored.
[/quote]

Not ignored, upto this last set of appointments ALL major decisions were made by the majority shareholders. So who would you blame?

These last board appointments,well Bowkett and McNally are their last throw of the dice and a prayer that those two can  (and are) working minor miracles.

It will save the club and by doing so restore their reputations and possibly get them their money back.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]That''s interesting. I would have thought that was a good thing, but then I love my family to bits. Perhaps (likewise) she was trying to do her best by them?[/quote]Some people will refuse to see that though, they just need someone to blame for all the mistakes over recent years and she''ll do. Despite the fact that all the other board members were just as culpable, that is conveniently ignored.[/quote]

Not ignored, upto this last set of appointments ALL major decisions were made by the majority shareholders. So who would you blame?

These last board appointments,well Bowkett and McNally are their last throw of the dice and a prayer that those two can  (and are) working minor miracles.

It will save the club and by doing so restore their reputations and possibly get them their money back.

[/quote]I would personally not single Delia Smith out for every single thing that went wrong with Norwich City in recent times, some people like to think of her behaving in an  Adolf Hitler stylee banging her fists on the boardroom table, with no one daring to disagree. The way I see it, her and her husband came to the club with good intentions, Michael had been a businessman and they were both fans, so they thought they could do some good ( Just as an aside, can you imagine any of the fans that post here being in a position of power in the club??)They put a large amount of their money into the club and, quite rightly, wanted a say on how it was spent. To try and achieve the success that we all crave ( and there was success, lets not forget that) they surrounded themselves with people who they considered could help them achieve this. I shall mention two, Roger Munby, lovely bloke, but perhaps with too much of a desire to keep Norwich a lovely little family club, and Neil Doncaster, an ambitious young accountant with a quest for power. Delia and Michael, rightly or wrongly, took advice from these people and mistakes were made. I also think that Bowkett and McNally look like the real deal and say what you like, I think Smith and Jones have the club''s success more at heart than getting their money back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

De de de de frickin useless????   [:S]

[/quote]Lol, eh?[/quote]

Mind you.. I aint gotta Reliant Robin [;)]

[/quote]Ah right, sailed over my head a bit to begin with lol.I have seen the Quo in concert but own neither a tank top or a Robin.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

De de de de frickin useless????   [:S]

[/quote]

Lol, eh?
[/quote]

Mind you.. I aint gotta Reliant Robin [;)]

[/quote]

Ah right, sailed over my head a bit to begin with lol.

I have seen the Quo in concert but own neither a tank top or a Robin.

[/quote]

I have too Morty. Saw them at Newmarket after a Friday Night Race Meeting. Rossi''s been going nearly 50 years I reckon. Takes some doing that[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Until the new board came along,she treated the club like a little family and in doing so got us relegated and those fans who hugged her and clapped every lost game and twaddled off home shrugging their shoulders are just as much to blame. She was pissed. End of.[/quote]

That''s interesting. I would have thought that was a good thing, but then I love my family to bits. Perhaps (likewise) she was trying to do her best by them?

[/quote]

Some people will refuse to see that though, they just need someone to blame for all the mistakes over recent years and she''ll do. Despite the fact that all the other board members were just as culpable, that is conveniently ignored.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would personally not single Delia Smith out for every single thing that went wrong with Norwich City in recent times, some people like to think of her behaving in an  Adolf Hitler stylee banging her fists on the boardroom table, with no one daring to disagree.

The way I see it, her and her husband came to the club with good intentions, Michael had been a businessman and they were both fans, so they thought they could do some good ( Just as an aside, can you imagine any of the fans that post here being in a position of power in the club??)

They put a large amount of their money into the club and, quite rightly, wanted a say on how it was spent. To try and achieve the success that we all crave ( and there was success, lets not forget that) they surrounded themselves with people who they considered could help them achieve this. I shall mention two, Roger Munby, lovely bloke, but perhaps with too much of a desire to keep Norwich a lovely little family club, and Neil Doncaster, an ambitious young accountant with a quest for power. Delia and Michael, rightly or wrongly, took advice from these people and mistakes were made.

I also think that Bowkett and McNally look like the real deal and say what you like, I think Smith and Jones have the club''s success more at heart than getting their money back.
[/quote]

That''s one view often put forward.

There are some people who post on here Morty who might just surprise even you!

MWJ is far stronger than many imagine and controls far more, Delia being the "front" and occasionaly prone to the odd gaff.

Roger was the PR and (still is) the media analyst with a very great amount of experience in that field.

Doncaster was/is a solicitor not an accountant, that may have been part of the problem.

From what I know advice was looked for BUT not always taken from other board members.

They had a bad habit of forming "friendships" and listening to those "friends" advice.

Still I am enjoying the ride since August so , no I can''t forgive them totally for where we are, give it a year or so yet.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and any comparison between a director of the club entering the pitch and two lairy disgruntled fans is just silly and has been adequately covered in previous threads.

[/quote]

A drunk Major-Shareholder entering the pitch......is passion?

Two frustrated and annoyed fans making a point....silly?

Middlesbrough''s lone protesting ''ticket thrower'' was given his ticket back....Our jolly ickle Delia''s placebo family of a club that objects to adverse publicity....Bans them. 

Do you have a porta potty attached to your pooter chair? You don''t seem to stray too far from it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and any comparison between a director of the club entering the pitch and two lairy disgruntled fans is just silly and has been adequately covered in previous threads.[:)][/quote]

Middlesbrough''s lone protesting ''ticket thrower'' was given his ticket back....Our jolly ickle Delia''s placebo family of a club that objects to adverse publicity....Bans them. 

Do you have a porta potty attached to your pooter chair? You don''t seem to stray too far from it?

[/quote]You seem very angry.Do you often get angry at things but don''t quite understand why?[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and any comparison between a director of the club entering the pitch and two lairy disgruntled fans is just silly and has been adequately covered in previous threads.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You seem very angry.

Do you often get angry at things but don''t quite understand why?

[/quote]

2 minutes for a retort.....I rest my case....