Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

"Let's be 'avin you" revisited

See Evening News story

Delia''s version of events is that "someone handed me a microphone and said go on and do it" and no she wasn''t drunk.  Hmm [:^)]

They handed her the mic because she asked for it.  They were hardly in a position to refuse.  

Come on Delia, time to take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to palm it off on somebody else.  It doesn''t really matter now, you''re not the first to have had one too many and done something you regret, we''ve all been there [:$]

I don''t think anyone will ever forget her boozy rant which was an embarrassing moment for any Norwich City fan.

She has coined a footballing term/encouraging chant in much the same

wasy Dowie did with Bouncebackability! I had the misfortune to witness

the Rotherham Grimsby match a few weeks back with a mate and the

Grimsby was ording their players ''Let''s be ''aving you''!!! It will never

be forgotten nor will it ever not raise a smile to other teams fans!!

it''s cringeworthy and sadly overshadows the win against Man U that same

season for many people, but it''s a memory here to stay!

[quote user="cityangel"]I don''t think anyone will ever forget her boozy rant which was an embarrassing moment for any Norwich City fan.[/quote]

Do you realise this happened a full 18 months before Worthy was sacked! Are you ever gonna move on Angel[:^)]

[:)][;)]

I never thought she was drunk (why would she lie?), and she has, to my knowledge, never once said that she regretted her action. Just a passionate supporter "giving it a go" which she is perfectly entitled to do in her position.

The incident was mentioned in '' Delia Through The Decades '' on TV last night.Sat all cosied up to Stephen Fry on the sofa she admitted she was passionate about NCFC but glossed over her half time floor show by saying her heels and a soft pitch contrived to make her less than steady on her feet. To make matters worse the programme then showed the infamous swaying rant which confirmed that either she''d had a few or was trying to keep her balance on the deck of the Titanic as it slid below the waves....There was an amusing mention by several of the great and the good who follow Delia''s recipes that the constant use of her cookery books had resulted in pages getting stuck together by various slashes and spills. Whilst Delia sat there smiling sweetly that trusty old smoothy Fry pointed out - as only he can - that the pages were stuck together in a '' nice '' way.The man''s a legend......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
The incident was mentioned in '' Delia Through The Decades '' on TV last night.

Sat all cosied up to Stephen Fry on the sofa she admitted she was passionate about NCFC but glossed over her half time floor show by saying her heels and a soft pitch contrived to make her less than steady on her feet. To make matters worse the programme then showed the infamous swaying rant which confirmed that either she''d had a few or was trying to keep her balance on the deck of the Titanic as it slid below the waves....

There was an amusing mention by several of the great and the good who follow Delia''s recipes that the constant use of her cookery books had resulted in pages getting stuck together by various slashes and spills. Whilst Delia sat there smiling sweetly that trusty old smoothy Fry pointed out - as only he can - that the pages were stuck together in a '' nice '' way.

The man''s a legend......
[/quote]

He is a legend Smithy[Y]

But is Delia ............

[:^)]

[quote user="cityangel"]I don''t think anyone will ever forget her boozy rant which was an embarrassing moment for any Norwich City fan.[/quote]

Not me; I honestly couldn''t care less.

[quote user="Squire"]I never thought she was drunk (why would she lie?), and she has, to my knowledge, never once said that she regretted her action. Just a passionate supporter "giving it a go" which she is perfectly entitled to do in her position.[/quote]

Your second sentence contradicts itself. Any other passionate supporter ''giving it a go'' in that fashion would have been chucked out of the ground and possibly banned.  But ''in her position'' she isn''t just a passionate supporter is she?  She can''t have it both ways.

The thing about having too much to drink is that, very often, other people realise before you do.  No she''s never said she regretted it.  She has no regrets about bringing embarrassment on the club she claims to care so much about.

In my experience - she gained a lot of neutral fans support for doing that and showing her "true supporter side".  They all thought she was drunk, and it was amusing for them, but they also said "Fair play to her" for doing it.  That made us and her seem more real to the neutral.

Cardiff fans, Burnley fans, Blackburn fans, Everton fans etc have all expressed the same ethos.  At least it''s a talking point.  This is one instance why I think Delia has been good for Norwich.  People know more about us because of her celebrity status.  And here half-time antics.  It certainly doesn''t embarrass me as a Norwich fan.

So reading between the lines cherub, she shoiuld have been chucked out and banned and it wouldn''t really matter because she only claims to care about the club anyway[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So reading between the lines cherub, she shoiuld have been chucked out and banned and it wouldn''t really matter because she only claims to care about the club anyway[:S]

[/quote]

I have always thought it was you in your evening wear[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With an imagination like that you need to be getting yourself onto that Brighton thread[:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Trying to read between the lines has made you miss the point nutty.

Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With an imagination like that you need to be getting yourself onto that Brighton thread[:$]

[/quote]

No I leave that to people with far more experience than I have!

[quote user="GUcanary"]She has coined a footballing term/encouraging chant in much the same wasy Dowie did with Bouncebackability! I had the misfortune to witness the Rotherham Grimsby match a few weeks back with a mate and the Grimsby was ording their players ''Let''s be ''aving you''!!! It will never be forgotten nor will it ever not raise a smile to other teams fans!! it''s cringeworthy and sadly overshadows the win against Man U that same season for many people, but it''s a memory here to stay![/quote]

Even more sadly, how many people remember that one of the best goals ever scored in a Norwich shirt (by Dean Ashton) occurred in that game?  Thanks to her antics it''s become a footnote. 

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point. 

[/quote]

So is it her position at the club that makes you believe she only claims to care about it?

Or is it something else[:^)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point.  [/quote]Of course not. She paid a lot more to get in for a start. [:)]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?Sounds like a fan to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So is it her position at the club that makes you believe she only claims to care about it?

[/quote]

nutty I can feel one of your interminable hairsplitting nitpicking threads coming on.  I''ve no intention of going there I''ve got better things to do.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nutty I can feel one of your interminable hairsplitting nitpicking threads coming on.  I''ve no intention of going there I''ve got better things to do.

[/quote]

It''s your thread cherub........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

I didn''t say she wasn''t a fan.  I said she wasn''t just a passionate fan like anyone else

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not any more . . . [:S]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="GUcanary"]She has coined a footballing term/encouraging chant in much the same wasy Dowie did with Bouncebackability! I had the misfortune to witness the Rotherham Grimsby match a few weeks back with a mate and the Grimsby was ording their players ''Let''s be ''aving you''!!! It will never be forgotten nor will it ever not raise a smile to other teams fans!! it''s cringeworthy and sadly overshadows the win against Man U that same season for many people, but it''s a memory here to stay![/quote]

Even more sadly, how many people remember that one of the best goals ever scored in a Norwich shirt (by Dean Ashton) occurred in that game?  Thanks to her antics it''s become a footnote. 

[/quote]

Utter tosh. You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that argument! We lost the game. Or are you blaming Delia for that as well? I''ve got no problem with the incident.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not any more . . . [:S]

[/quote]

If you didn''t want to promote discussion you should have written one of them there blogs[:S]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?Sounds like a fan to me.[/quote]

I didn''t say she wasn''t a fan.  I said she wasn''t just a passionate fan like anyone else

[/quote]Oh right, how do you quantify that then?I would say that putting a third (my estimate) of your entire personal wealth into something kind of implies passion for it.

I don''t really see your point Cherub. 

How can a random incident during a season overshadow a win against the Premiership leaders and an amazing goal?  If it was the same game then I could maybe understand it.  You got the wrong Manchester team - it was City not United she did it at.

You clearly don''t like her, but that is no reason to ignore valid points raised by people who don''t share your irrational hatred for her.