Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Leyton Orient (a)

Tuesday 13th April.

Anyone know what away allocation is here?, 5 games from the end of the season, a new ground for most fans, and relatively close in London, do we envisage another application/ballot situation here?

I went to a play off game there v Hull a few years ago and they give the visitors a full end so no worries but parking is a complete nightmare.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I went to a play off game there v Hull a few years ago and they give the visitors a full end so no worries but parking is a complete nightmare.[/quote]

was thinking of going to this game as it''s not far from me...why is parking bad? all permit?

Happy memories going there in 1972, the match which sealed promotion for the first time to top division. Remember driving down and seeing a sea of green and yellow along the way. Would be a great place to repeat that experience, 38 years later.

I''ll walk, about 30 mins from where I live.  There is a big 24 hour Asda just around the corner, I''m sure you''d be fine parking there.

I''m afraid its a choice of this game or Charlton away due to lack of cash. Think the Charlton game is a bit of a no-brainer. Would love to go to Orient though. When i lived in Clapton i occasionally used to go and watch a match there. Havent been since the late 90''s so it would be interesting to see how its changed.

I went to Brisbane Road (or the Matchbox Stadium or whatever it''s known as now) a few times last season. I sat in the home bit which was nice and the players lounge in really nice, probably better than Norwichs!

the away stand is opposite the main stand and looked a bit shoddy. I went to one of the relegation battles and the away stand was pretty full and the atmosphere was decent.

Asda has a 3 hour time limit and the car park people are always creeping around. You would be better off parking at Leytonstone where the residents parking finishes at 4pm and then it is only 1 stop on the central line.

The big recommendation from me is the station car park at Redbridge at the bottom of the M11. Hop on the central line from there.

Given the number of City fans who live in and around London there will be a massive call for tickets.

Always amazes me when witless TV commentators spout on about how many fans have travelled from such and such a place when all to often there is a large ''local'' element who have taken the chance of seeing their club.

With it likely to be one of these games that could decide whether we are up it will be sold out very early.

Suggest to London based City fans GET YOUR TICKETS AS SOON AS ORIENT PUT THEM ON SALE. If you have a London address then I doubt they will check further.Yes I know you will be not in the City ''part'' of the ground, but hey, you get to go to what is bound to be a memorable night.

If you got tickets in the home end near the away end, would you be ejected for celebrating if Norwich scored? When will the club announce whether it goes to a ballot etc?

I work in Stratford so one stop on the Central line after work - but only a super member, if it went to ballot I wuld have no chance

Ian

enquired about ticket availability for this game at the club shop on friday and was told that it would be going to a ballot. details of availability answer the ballot should be released in 3-4 weeks I was told

5 minutes from Hackney? Not sure what part of Hackney you live in but I am in central Hackney and it would take me at least 5 minutes to pick up the nearest bus to Leyton, and 15 to the tube.