Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Wilting Rose

The Chirp - definitely too many negative posts yes!

The team have been outstanding. I know this will have been discussed elsewhere.

But, what is the injury news on Askou, Drury and Spillane? Think I read Spillane is back in full training, but will take a while to get sharp

Good points on the ''quality gap'' blah. I do hope Rose does well for us as he was highly regarded as a good professional and decent lad by the Chester fans, I think the Norwich fans wouls take to him the same way given time. It''s just the fact I don''t reckon he is good enough to be here if we go up. But as mentioned, Lambert must have seen something in him and we will find out at the end of the season if the he is deemed good enough to step up by Lambert & co. 

I am pretty certain that a few people on here were calling him the new Mark Bowen after the game against Hartlepool the previous Saturday. I tend to think after about 10 games or so you can really gauge if someone is up to it. Rose did not have a good afternoon but to be honest that was the crux of the problem. Too many players were off their game on Saturday and against Millwall away you cant afford that

My point exactly after one game people thought he was the best left back in the league. We need to let new players settle in. I mean he has gone from a brilliant performance to a poor performance. And now people are saying he is crap. Let him settle in...

I didn''t see the Millwall game so can''t comment. He did do well going forward against Hartlepool but the main purpose of a full back is to stop the opposition from crossing the ball. He wasn''t in Drury''s class in that respect against Hartlepool and was a million miles away from being the new Mark Bowen

[quote user="Penfold"]It''s not just Rose, I feel our performances took a dip when Russell Martin came in and then a further dip with Michael Rose. I''m really not convinced by either full-back.

[/quote]

Some people are never satisfied!

Spillane who was starting to look good at RB got injured and Russell Martins better than Otsemobor and Francomb in that position!

Drurys been outstanding this season but unfortunately as per usual he gets injured. We don''t want to play Lappin there cause he is needed elsewhere and isn''t a left back anyway and Lambert obviously doesn''t rate Wiggins so signing Rose made sense!

Does anyone actually agree with the OP yet?

At the risk of getting another mouthful from someone, I am yet to be impressed by Rose.

When I originally said it, a few people said he was brilliant in his first game and scored an ''amazing'' goal.

But, every game since then he has looked woeful!

I am not entirely sure why Wiggins has never really featured. Maybe as he hasnt played much, Lambert wants to see him play competitive football with a view to being Drury''s understudy next season.

One things for sure.......Rose won''t be here next season....and I am at least thankful for that!

Rose is only on loan till the end of the season, and i would be surprised if we try and sign him permentatly, because I doubt he will be up to Championship level. He has only been bought to cover for Drury.

He can be alright, and has done a decent job for us, I think if he wasn''t there we would be complaining with having no lb, so he is really a stock filler. Although he does sometimes get beaten too easily as with Southends first goal on tuesday.

I would like to see Wiggins back in when the loans run out, and obviously Drury when he''s back. How is R Martin playing? I am in Aus for a while and only saw him play once. I would really like to see Spillane on the right again, he looked class. Can put in a good cross and he scored a cracker with his left peg if I remember correctly.

[quote user="Penfold"]It''s not just Rose, I feel our performances took a dip when Russell Martin came in and then a further dip with Michael Rose. I''m really not convinced by either full-back.

[/quote]Are you seriously suggesting we would do better with the donkey semi?

Martin was v good against Southend,  an excellent defensive performance just not quite attacking enough - but with 4 flair player on, 5 at the end,  should he really have to?

I think Martin is solid enough and is much better than Semi!! But will probably get caught out in the Championship (if we get there!)