Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Wilting Rose

I honestly think that Michael Rose at left back just isn''t up to it....

I know that he is in for the injured Drury....but he looks like a fairly mediocre lower league left back.

Hopefully he has been brought in as a loan cover, rather than a similar deal to McNamee and Martin.

If we do as expected and go up, hopefully Rose will be back at his parent club.

Then at the back for the Championship we will have Doc, Askou, Zak, Drury, Martin, Spillane, and hopefully a couple of additions. (sorry if i missed anyone!)

Nelson won''t be up to the Championship.

I hate having a go at our players, but Rose isn''t actually ours, so can give a bit of judgement on him!  Only 2 games, but he does just look to smack it with his left foot!

It''s not just Rose, I feel our performances took a dip when Russell Martin came in and then a further dip with Michael Rose. I''m really not convinced by either full-back.

He looked very slow at Millwall and was done for pace a few times. I''d nevertheless give him a few more games before passing final judgement.

[quote user="paul moy"]He looked very slow at Millwall and was done for pace a few times. I''d nevertheless give him a few more games before passing final judgement.[/quote]

I was astounded Rose wasn''t booked on Saturday.

I think it''s worth noting though, that, particularly against the better teams in our league, being a full back behind a narrow diamond midfield is tough task. There''s very little protection available.

Totally agree. If we cant find anyone, lets bring in the reserve or youth players

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="paul moy"]He looked very slow at Millwall and was done for pace a few times. I''d nevertheless give him a few more games before passing final judgement.[/quote]

I was astounded Rose wasn''t booked on Saturday.

I think it''s worth noting though, that, particularly against the better teams in our league, being a full back behind a narrow diamond midfield is tough task. There''s very little protection available.

[/quote]

I assume that was when the ref called the Doc over to calm things down.  

I like Russell Martin he is good at going forward like Semmy was, but is also good at defending unlike Semmy. I think he is definately an improvement on Semmy and i think he will be able to handle the step up to the championship.

[quote user="Largey"]

I know that he is in for the injured Drury....but he looks like a fairly mediocre lower league left back.

Hopefully he has been brought in as a loan cover, rather than a similar deal to McNamee and Martin.

Then at the back for the Championship we will have Doc, Askou, Zak, Drury, Martin, Spillane, and hopefully a couple of additions. (sorry if i missed anyone!)

I hate having a go at our players, but Rose isn''t actually ours, so can give a bit of judgement on him!  Only 2 games, but he does just look to smack it with his left foot!

[/quote]

Jeez! he''s played just two games, scored in one of them, and he ain''t up to it? double jeez!

After the first game a lot of people thought he was amazing and if they could have, probably would have signed him there and then.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Jeez! he''s played just two games, scored in one of them, and he ain''t up to it? double jeez!

[/quote]

There always has to be a scapegoat Wiz, and given the fact that he''s not Adam Drury and is here on loan, the judge has condemned him.

The fact that he had a cracking debut against the monkeyhangers, including a superb goal is, of course, inadmissable as evidence because we won that game.[;)]

I think that Rose and Martin are players for this year and to get out of this league. We know that they won''t be good enough for the Champ, but they will be squad players and back up. Ok Martin has cemented himself as number one right back, but Rose is cover for the outstanding Drury.

I can''t comment how he played against Milwal as I was at the England Wales rugby game, but I saw him against Harlepool and thought he would is a decent enough player for League 1.

My favourite response included - ''a cracking debut, with a superb goal''!!

He shanked it!!  The keeper was badly positioned, but Rose shanked it into the near post area.

Please remove the blinkers - I said in the OP that he has only played 2 games and it might seem harsh, but against Milwall he was slow, lethargic and played seveal aimless passes.

The rubbish i sometimes read on here at times astounds me. It makes me feel embarrassed to call myself a norwich supporter.Rose has played twice! Get a grip people!!! We lost! it''s our first loss in what was it... 17/18 games? Seriously get a grip! We will lose other games this season too no doubt, but this team with Rose in it is going up. Keep the faith. So far, Lappin, R.Martin, Rose, Nelson and no doubt a few others have had their own threads on here with people calling them this that and the other... It''s pretty pathetic. A lot of you are getting like Chelsea fans... whingy and undeserving of the very good team they have. Little rant over...

[quote user="Largey"]

He shanked it!!  The keeper was badly positioned, but Rose shanked it into the near post area.

Please remove the blinkers - I said in the OP that he has only played 2 games and it might seem harsh, but against Milwall he was slow, lethargic and played seveal aimless passes.

[/quote]

One can only hope that Lappin "shanks" one like that before the end of the season as an alternative to threatening the corner flags or the upper sections of spectators.

So, your reconsidered view is that he''s now had a bad game (he was hardly alone on Saturday) so he''s rubbish?  And you think I''ve got blinkers on?

calm down....

My view is purely that Rose is a very average left back

Fine for a little bit of cover, but...after his debut people on here said he was amazing!

It shows how consistently good Drury has been for us, when the left back area is now a weakness of ours

I would be happier with Lappin at left back against Brighton, with McNamee coming in on the left

Absolutely right Chirp.  We are top of the league aren''t we ?  And 6 points and 13 goals ahead of third place with 16 games left ?Who wouldn''t have snapped someones'' arm off in late August for that position come February ?Quit whinging, and get behind the team.

[quote]I would be happier with Lappin at left back against Brighton, with McNamee coming in on the left[/quote]Crikey.  Wasn''t Lappin played there by Roeder, and was rather dreadfully found out in most games he played there ?

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Apologies for this aggressive reply, but you sir are fu*king stupid![:@]

why does any criticism on this board get slated - we are top and it''s fantastic.

But, we can talk about our players positives and negatives. This post about Rose has nothing to do with our league position.

It''s purely about his footballing ability as an individual.

e.g. You think that Arsenal fans can''t/won''t moan about the current form of Clichy?!  It''s football - it''s a discussion.

[quote user="Largey"]

why does any criticism on this board get slated - we are top and it''s fantastic.

But, we can talk about our players positives and negatives. This post about Rose has nothing to do with our league position.

It''s purely about his footballing ability as an individual.

e.g. You think that Arsenal fans can''t/won''t moan about the current form of Clichy?!  It''s football - it''s a discussion.

[/quote]

Agreed, but you''re still fu*king stupid.

Largey,Getting away from all the positive / negative nonsense, why do you think that Lappin would be preferable to Rose at Left Back ?I''ve seen nothing from Lappin that suggests that he is a natural left back (he''s too small IMO for a start), and the diamond has been very effective with him in his current position.

Rose is twice the left back that Lappin is. We do have to remember that Lappin has played with Rose all season and it will take time to get to kno each other, he has come from the North and has only had a few training sessions with the team, no doubt Culverhouse will get him and the rest gelled.

Like I said I won''t comment on his performance at Milwall as I didn''t see it, but I liked what I saw against Hartlepool, and if he bangs in more goals like that, I''m sure the battle between Drury and him will continue long into the rest of the season.

I would say I have seen Michael Rose more than most on the Pink Un  as I had a season ticket at the Deva Stadium when he was at Chester.  Based on what I have seen he is a good lower league defender but he will not cut it higher up . He will do fine till the end of the season but would be shocked to see him here next year.

blahblahblah - thank you - a real response, rather than just someone trying to improve their post count  ;)

I was on the pre season tour in Scotland - yes the one from which we had such high hopes!

There, Lappin played a couple of games in a more defensive role and looked really good there.

I know this was only based on 1 and a half pre season games, but particularly against St Johnstone, he was excellent.

Again, only one opinion, and I value Lambert''s more than my own on this one. But it''s an interesting one to pose.

From the sounds of it Cestrian Canary can call this much better than any of us, as he has seen him play a fair bit.

I agree with what you are saying though, he will be with us until the end of the season and that''s it.

Obviously if we promote then Lambert will have to look again at what he has and who can do a job at that level, in the same way that Worthington had to when we promoted to the Premiership.  We have a number of championship experienced players that you would hope will form the spine of next seasons'' team if we promote.  Cestrian is in a good position to comment, from what I''ve seen the difference between the levels seems to be that championship sides close you down much quicker, play at a faster tempo, and maintain possession / counter attack at a high tempo in the better championship sides.  For example, Doherty looks considerably faster than most of the attackers he is up against in league one, in the championship he looked about the same pace for me.  One of the reasons we are where we are is because the squad can bridge that "quality gap". Couple this with better fitness levels than most league one sides, and we can get late goals to turn losing games into draws, and draws into wins.Could it be that Lambert sees that Rose can adapt to the level up ?  We won''t honestly know until the close season, I suspect.

Lappin has the highest assist rate in League One. For that reason I would keep him right where he is for now. Like Doherty, Lappin just needs a goal. I bet after that a few more will follow soon after. Drury isn''t out for the season (I don''t think?) so in the meantime we have a good cover in Rose. Largey I see what you''re saying but you have to admit the amount of negative posts on here at the mo is well ott for a team that is top of the league and has set our best ever home run on record.