Sign in to follow this  
If wed kept Howie..

OTJ progress on loan...

[quote user="jed exodous"]Seeing as i was one of the people glad to see OTJ go, best i bump the thread. So OTJ notched today then, a good 4-1 win for Yeovil. I still stand by my original comments (if they''re still on here) that hes not and wont be good enough for our team. He needs to put in a string of consistent performances and prove that hes over his injury problems and the perhaps i''ll give him a second chance.[/quote]

Anyone on here go to the pre-season training session held on a Thursday morning at Carrow Rd ?

..If so, do you remember the exercise at the end where players would cross for a ''forward'' & ''defender'' to attack the ball. Which two players quality of finishing was head and shoulders above the rest (by quite some distance) ?

Ok a little clue, Captain Fantastic was one  ...a much maligned midfielder the other (wonder if anyone has thought of doing a Ricky Lambert with him -if he''s resilient enough!) ???

I din''t go to said training session. Its one thing to be good in a pre-season training session when its hot, sunny, your relaxed, refrshed after a nice holiday, your messing about in front of a few hundred? fans and its another thing to do it week in week out in front 25,000 fans. When this season started, OTJ looked like he was still on holiday.

Who knows, perhaps he''ll come back here before the end of the season, play the last 5-10 games and clinch us the title, but based on what he has done so far, i very much doubt it. The point i was trying to make earlier in this thread was that if he was hungry enough and good enough then Lambert would have given him more than 1 sub appearance against non league team and 1 start in the JPT.

I hope he does ok on loan, hopefully we can recoup the money spent on him in the summer and in the treatment room.

When OTJ scored the 3rd goal for Yeovil this afternoon on Sky Sports Centre it was stated that he was on loan to them from Swansea!

[quote user="jed exodous"]I din''t go to said training session. Its one thing to be good in a pre-season training session when its hot, sunny, your relaxed, refrshed after a nice holiday, your messing about in front of a few hundred? fans and its another thing to do it week in week out in front 25,000 fans. When this season started, OTJ looked like he was still on holiday. [/quote].... Lets be honest, who didn''t?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]When OTJ scored the 3rd goal for Yeovil this afternoon on Sky Sports Centre it was stated that he was on loan to them from Swansea![/quote]

Yes I heard that too [:)]

Yep, as stated above - another 90mins for OTJ and a goal.

Also Wiggins played the full 90mins and Bournemouth kept a clean sheet.

So good signs, lets see if they can keep it up and earn their places back at Norwich...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]When OTJ scored the 3rd goal for Yeovil this afternoon on Sky Sports Centre it was stated that he was on loan to them from Swansea![/quote]Same on BBC as well.

so what gets me, is that some people saying the signings we made are no good ,yet they seem to be playing well .they have not been given a chance in our squad due to how well we have been doing .

nothing i want more than all of them to do well ,and prove people wrong without giving them a fair chance .

So OTJ''s loan finished last week, i was expecting him to make the bench. Is he injured or has he not impressed Lambert enough?

What you expect a player to walk on the bench at the exppense of Hughes or Gill as that would be who he replaces, also did you notice Askou wasn''t  on the bench wow Iguess he is a waste of space as well then [8-)]

Thanks for the comment, just got in from a night out per chance? Seems like a comparison that someone would make after a few jars, ie stupid.

Anyway, if hes done as well as people said he had on loan then he must''ve found a bit of form, so if hes in form, yes i would expected Lambert to put him on the bench. Whats the point in someone getting a bit of confidence and then draining it all away again, but unless he is injured then, obviously he hasn''t done enough to impress Lambert be it on loan or in training.

I know Askous been injured, and its not likely to be aninjury which will keep on repeatedly flaring up, but at least hes proven himself good enough for this team and league.

As i first said on this post, OTJ is not good enough for this team and should be shipped out asap.