Sign in to follow this  
If wed kept Howie..

OTJ progress on loan...

Did anyone else notice that OTJ played for the full 90mins on Sat and was man of the match (despite losing the game)?

I still think he has a future in our squad...

(more weirdly - Ryan Jarvis has suddenly started scoring and playing well...)

Hopefully they sign him, hes been mud for us. From what Gunn built him up to be, hes been rubbish, i though at 6''4, he would be a dominant force in this league. He was supposed to be a big talent and should be a welsh international. Has shown pretty much nothing in 6 months. If we can get 100-200k back for him, get rid, defo not a championship player.

Sorry jed, but that''s a complete load of baseless tosh. Has shown nothing because he hasn''t played. He did ok (and scored) on the very few occasions he has played. And then when he goes out on loan to a club in the same league he gets mom. And you also have no evidence to say he couldn''t play in the champ. I don''t think we especially need him cos we''re over staffed in midfield but i can''t stand it when people crucify our players for nothing.

Yeh give the guy a fair run at least !Dont think we need to think about offloading him so fast , we havent actually even seen him really !

Maybe a bit harsh, but why hasn''t he played? Injuries again. Hes managed 60 odd games professionally in the last 5 seasons. We dont need him in the squad, hes barely got anywhere near the bench since Lambert came in, he looked lathargic and lacking in commitment, i think he too gangley to play the holding midfielder role that Russell has preformed so well.

The last game he played was against Swindon in the JPT and he hadn''t featured even on the bench since then. We dont need players who we''re paying decent wages to who are gonna sit on the bench or the treatment table. I bet he is one of the higher earners of the lads that Gunn brought in because at the start of season Gunn planned OTJ and Gill to play together.

A loan deal is best for us at the moment, but i really dont see OTJ playing for Norwich again and defo not as a regular.

Sorry Jed but I have to disagree. I can only go on what I have heard and when he played against us and tore us apart. We are told by other clubs he is an amazing player. He has been sent out on loan to get fit. Give the guy a chance. I despair about some of the stick some of our players are getting when they are all however good or bad they are giving 100% for the cause.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry Jed but I have to disagree. I can only go on what I have heard and when he played against us and tore us apart. We are told by other clubs he is an amazing player. He has been sent out on loan to get fit. Give the guy a chance. I despair about some of the stick some of our players are getting when they are all however good or bad they are giving 100% for the cause.[/quote]

Just where was he giving 100% for the cause though? Against Colchester, Exeter or Breantford? Against Swindon in the JPT, well clearly not because Lambo hasn''t seen fit to even include him on the bench. Which other clubs have told us he is brilliant? Swansea where he was injured for most of the time or Swindon who had him on loan and didn''t want to sign him? Maybe it was the mighty fanbase of Bangor where he started out.

I was keen to give him a chance when he first signed because i thought it was exactly what we needed, a pressence in midfield but hes just slipped off the radar for one reason or another. If we can cash in, i think we should, you guys sticking up for him realise that we supposedly spent 250k to bring him here. For that sort of money in this league these days, a lot more is expected of him.

By this logic because Lappin didnt play for us for about 18 months he was absolute garbage as well. His good performances on loan at Motherwell were irrelevant. Lappin is proof that you shouldnt write players off too soon. Tudur Jones could play an important role in the run in if we got injuries so give the guy a chance to prove himself.

Er, ok - no offence but your argument in this thread seems a little, well, young.

It would have explained things if you were 16 or something!! Either that or as another poster suggests, you just don''t like him!

Perhaps i got a bit carried away, but we have had so many injury prone players and journeymen this last 4 or 5 years, that now we have a squad, not just a team of 11, but we have 20-25 really decent players on the books, i just feel this guy is one of our weakest links and should be sold asap. For the 1 or 2 central midfield roles or midfield 3 roles availbe we have 7 other players who are more than capable. OTJ just isn''t gonna get a sniff of the first team. Cash in on him before we release him by mutual consent.

I hope I never have to see Owain Tudor-Jones play a minute of football in a Norwich shirt again. I had enough of watching him stumble around appearing to not be able to see the ball down at his feet because he''s too tall. Worse than Gill, Hughes, Russell, Smith, Lappin, Spillane and Adeyemi, so why should he be back in our team?

Thanks you Shaun, what did these people see in him? I know hes played only a few games, but managers take a lot from training as well.

[quote user="Yarmyed"] Lappin is proof that you shouldnt write players off too soon.[/quote]100% spot on.  Same applies to Martin who was labeled as a total waste of space and beyond redemption when he was packed off to Luton by many.  The guy has not had a chance so far due to injuries and now he is fit our current midfield is not exactly going to be easy to break into is it?  He has gone off to get some games under his belt, prove his fitness over a period of time and then potentially can come back and do a job for us (dont forget he has Championship experience from Swansea so he could be useful next season).  If he gets a run of 4 or 5 games here when fully fit and he looks pants then criticise the guy, but for now why knock him?

I have watched him play for the reserves and haven''t been impressed he doesn''t really seem to give a damn. However Chrissy was the same before he went out on loan to Luton and now look at him.  

As others have said, OTJ has to be given a decent chance before we can form a judgment on his abilities. Here are some examples of the inability of pink ''un posters to know who is a decent player. The first example comes from last summer when Gunny was going in for Grant Holt and at least one poster pronounced that he was probably not very good as he had been playing Fourth Division football with Shrewsbury, and he had scored most of goals from the penalty spot. The second example was a widespread feeling amongst posters (I admit that I began to feel the same way too) that basically Doc was so poor at that time that really he was not good enough to play professional football anymore. The third example is Lappin and the fourth is Hoolahan, who received a large amount of flak when he gave the finger to some fans on Carrow Road. Also I''m sure Chrissy Martin was considered finished with this club by some posters prior to his tremendous run of form this season. I''m glad NCFC is in the highly skilled hands of Paul Lambert, a man who does not appear to make hasty decisions on the ability of his players. Good man.

Seeing as i was one of the people glad to see OTJ go, best i bump the thread.

So OTJ notched today then, a good 4-1 win for Yeovil. I still stand by my original comments (if they''re still on here) that hes not and wont be good enough for our team. He needs to put in a string of consistent performances and prove that hes over his injury problems and the perhaps i''ll give him a second chance.