Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

Will Doc get the Holt role .

Just a thought , he is scoring goals and looking sharp and similar in build to Holt , we also have Zak to slot in central defence .

This would also leave Ole to come on as an impact player from the bench as usual , not sure if we can risk him from the start yet .

Lambert will make the right decisions as usual , it seems to come so naturally to him a truly brilliant manager and we are so lucky to have him thank you board for getting it right at long last and long may he stay fingers crossed .

The only way he could is to just hang around Linekar-like on the 6 yard line! His pace would let him down up front as it does at the back otherwise! I''m still backing him to score mind you tomorrow night.

I see your point, but I actually see this as a chance to play a different attacking game with Oli and Martin up front.In other words, Holt''s suspension could be a blessing in disguise, as opposition teams could start to work Holt/Martin out, but Oli/Martin is a totally different prospect that will surprise those teams we''ve already played this year.

just have to hope Martin is fit enough to start

the lad is on fire, Hoolahan did very well  on Saturday and Oli is amazing.  i have total faith in those 3 to survive without Holt for the next 3 fixtures, as good as Holty is.

[quote user="GUcanary"]The only way he could is to just hang around Linekar-like on the 6 yard line! His pace would let him down up front as it does at the back otherwise! I''m still backing him to score mind you tomorrow night.

[/quote]

Interesting. I wouldn''t put him there, his best position is centre half so why compromise two positions. We had enough of that with Peter Grant continually playing Dublin at centre back and then sticking him up front after we went 0-2 down. I have no doubt he could do a job mind.

But am I the only one who thinks The Doc has more pace than Grant Holt?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="GUcanary"]The only way he could is to just hang around Linekar-like on the 6 yard line! His pace would let him down up front as it does at the back otherwise! I''m still backing him to score mind you tomorrow night.[/quote]

Interesting. I wouldn''t put him there, his best position is centre half so why compromise two positions. We had enough of that with Peter Grant continually playing Dublin at centre back and then sticking him up front after we went 0-2 down. I have no doubt he could do a job mind.

But am I the only one who thinks The Doc has more pace than Grant Holt?

[/quote]Doc is one of our quicker players... I think it''s because of his slight folical inadequacy that people think he''s slow.I remember him outpacing Sylvan Ebanks-Blake last season, and he''s no slouch.

AH AH AH AH AH!!!!!!! Hysterical Laughter followed by a lie down.

I thought you could have saved this to the Friday joke thread.

Even the Sainted one could not get him "playing" in that position.

"wasnt doc classed as a centre forward as well as a centre half before joining NCFC?" Didnt know doc ever joined Notts county? ...Oh sorry for a minute i thought i was a news of the world reporter :)