Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Sundays derby televised???

Do any of you over there in Norfolk know if the game is gonna be shown on Anglia or not? I know it is''nt a Sky game (heaven only knows why), but is there anywhere I can see it?

I live in Wales currently, so do have access to Anglia via Sky.

Cheers all.
OTBC

The game is not televised on Anglia but they are showing highlightes in the afternoon whether these are extended highlightes im now sure. Hope that answers the question

I looked at Anglia region schedule for Sunday and they have the normal Football programme at 12.30pm and then at 1.30pn Australian Grandprix until at least 4pm.
So I don''t think there will be any highlights programme.
www.itv.co.uk

Nick

I dont suppose anyone knows if the derby is being televised abroad??? Im going to miss my first home game in 7 years Sunday as I''ll be on my hols in Egypt... Bad timing!!!!!!

Not TV - but you can get a live webcast of the commentry (without Canaries Word) via

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportsextra/schedule.shtml

It must be our match - no-one else is playing in Nationwide League

It won''t be Mr Waller unfortunately - and you''ll probably have to put up with Brian "I''m a good manage really" Hamilton as he''s always rolled out on derby games.

So Mark - find yourself an Internet Cafe and off you go!

from the ITV site:
Satellite Viewers can find Anglia on Sky channel 103 (or 963 / 964 if you live near the edge of our postcode allocation area.) Currently only Anglia West services are available to view due to bandwidth allocation. However, East services are now under test and should be available in mid-2004.

Thanks for your replies guys, guess it''ll be the internet for me then. Out of idle curiosity, whens the last time neither derby was televised?

Sky will be filming it as will Anglia, but Sky will not show it live or give Anglia permission to show it the same day. Anglia wanted another highlights program later in the day as they did with the away game, but could not get the permission. The Game is been linked to portman rd, which could well be the reason for sky''s reluctants to let it be show on tv

I heard a whisper the match is being shown live in The Murderers, via Dutch satellite.
Must admit I haven''t checked it out as I''ll be at the game.

HI Irish,

Just read your post and I understand you work at Anglia. If so, apologies for blaming Anglia for the lack of coverage as yes I can now see it looks like a Sky decision.

Frustrating all the same.

one of the biggest matches in the division one calender and they won''t televise it, how stupid.

the reason for this though is because of violent confrontations at previous anglian derby matches, sky dont show it just in case there is any (or so i have heard)

At last,
No problems, sky are showing the Sheff utd game so they will be stopping all regions showing any football, whilst they are showing a game.