Sign in to follow this  
adajam4

Could we get Forster?

Is there anyway we could get Fraser?

He is playing first team football, we have produced top quality keepers over the year so wouldn''t this be the best place to further his career as he is still young and this is his best time to improve. I guess it comes down to being able to afford him, but if we go up, could we?

Also, if we do keep him, what happens to Rudd and Steer? I don''t know if either of them are ready to move up that step, especially into championship!

No, I really don''t think so.Whilst he is enjoying his football here you look at every time he''s interviewed, he mentions Newcastle.I honestly he''s too good for us, he''s destined for much bigger things.

We could potentially loan him again next season but the chance of signing him is slim, especially if there is any truth in the recent rumours. Also Newcastle have said he is in their long term plans. Whether it is to us or not I have little doubt he will be loaned out again next season (unless Newcastle offload Tim Krul).

Maybe if we get him on loan for another season, but we won''t keep him I''m sure, if Newcastle can turn down bids from Premiership sides for him, they must value him a lot.

It would be great but I can''t see it. He''s a Newcastle boy, and while he''s enjoying his time here I''m sure he''s destined to be there first choice keeper.

A loan next season would be good for us though. That way we can build Rudd up more, who I am sure will be another amazing keeper for us. Just think having Forster in the championship will do us well, solid keeper between the sticks as we have seen this year, wins matches as much as a prolific goalscorer.

I think we have seen what investing money in a keeper did with david marshall and not a forward

I think forster has been exceptional, but because of his progression and contract with newcastle do not think he is our future

we have two very capable goalkeepers on our books rudd and steer... these will be our keepers in the future

hence if we go up and can''t get forster on loan, I would have no problem with a more seasoned pro nearing the end of his career in goal for a first season in the championship.

[quote user="smooth"]I think we have seen what investing money in a keeper did with david marshall and not a forward I think forster has been exceptional, but because of his progression and contract with newcastle do not think he is our future we have two very capable goalkeepers on our books rudd and steer... these will be our keepers in the future hence if we go up and can''t get forster on loan, I would have no problem with a more seasoned pro nearing the end of his career in goal for a first season in the championship.[/quote]

Excellent point. With limited resources, and goalkeepers being the only area of the youth-team from where we consistently bring through decent lads, money could be better spent elsewhere. If Grant had not spent the majority of our playing budget on Marshall, when we had Lewis coming through, and instead strengthened the outfield squad we might not have found ourself in the same position that we did. Better to get an old hand in on a short term contract while Rudd/Steer mature.

Fraser has been quality for us, but is not a serious long term option imo.   

Promotion to the Championship, half a season in there with us (if Newcastle go up as well of course) and I think we''ll know the situation a lot better. Newcastle clearly don''t want to let him go and I get the impression his short term aim is to become Newcastle''s number 1. Maybe he has further aspirations of course but for now he seems to have his sights set on Newcastle.

I think if they don''t sell they would be very keen to see how he makes the step-up to Championship football (again dependent on if we go up) and we could have our answer come January. If he does brilliantly we could maybe extend to the end of the season or Newcastle will take him back. If he does poorly I could see him being loaned out to perhaps another club.

I personally think he will go onto to massive things and we won''t be able to keep him permanently. We have Declan Rudd for the long term and I am more than happy about that. The fine balance will be between when you give the lad a run of chances to cement his chances of the number 1 jersey.

Fraser''s looking like the next England keeper and has already attracted interest from Arsenal, Spurs and Stoke, so I doubt very much that he will be staying at Carrow Road. Mind you, Brentford''s keeper was no slouch on Saturday either; I began to wonder if we would ever force the ball past him on the day.

I dont understand how Newcastle can think Forster is worse then Harper! He is fantastic goalie, we won''t get him back next season unless we have wealthy investment come from somewhere, but I wish him all the best for the future and hope to see him in an England shirt soon.

I guess there is a tiny chance we might get him on loan again if we go up, but thats as far as it will go, small possibility as it is.

If he develops as he is, he will be a great keeper and no reason at all he shouldn''t be in England contention somewhere along the line. Physically, he just looks to have more about him than the likes of Kirkland and Carson, both of whom, I think, are nearly out of the England picture now.

So he has, or will, leapfrog them.

James, selection and fitness permitting for South Africa, plus Hart and Robinson are the three for the World Cup. But, come the qualifiers for 2014, you''d expect FF to be in and around for contention.

If, as am sure he will, he comes back to Carrow Road (in the Prem-hell, why not!) about then in a Newcastle shirt, am sure he''d get a great reception (providing all remains as good as it is this season!)

True... I really rate the bloke..... and would absolutely love to have him sign for us, but as you say it looks unlikely. Rudd is a good keeper, a very good keeper and I am sure he will have a very good future at Norwich, its just when can he move to that role, he is still very young!