Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Anyone else hope that we can keep hold of Bentley?

Bit of a double-edged sword. But if Bentley can play like he did every week we are looking at a quality player. Obviously though, if he does continue in this vein he will be more difficult to hold onto.

BTW, for anyone who doubted his commitment and whether he cares about City at all, just look at his celebration for our first goal today.

The guy is a class act, and if we stay up this season, he is a player that we need to be looking to sign.

However, if we do go down, if we can continue to pass like we did today we''ll walk the Championship.

Everything is rosy in Norfolk tonight!

PS. Bents, be a big fish in a small pond like Hucks, you can be a legend like him too. Be adored by 25,000, or liked by 45,000. The choice is yours.

Dom Jay - welcome to the Bentley supporters club.  I''ve been a member since day one and I''ve never given up believing that he could be great for us.  He''s getting better and better and anyone doubting his commitment should take a long hard look at his celebration in front of the City Stand at the final whistle too.  It was right in front of me and I could have cried for him...well the lot of them actually.  They were all fantastic. 

Some people (and I won''t mention any names) have been really disgusting in their comments on here about some players recently, including young DB, and I was so chuffed to see some of those who have been targeted do some proverbial ramming of words down throats.  That''s the best way to respond, and I am hopeful of a bile-free week on here in the light of yesterday''s performance. 

Yes I know people have the right to express their feelings but a few have been, in my opinion, over the top lately, hence my recent absence (no loss, I know, but I thought I would explain it anyway).  

[quote]Bit of a double-edged sword. But if Bentley can play like he did every week we are looking at a quality player. Obviously though, if he does continue in this vein he will be more difficult to hold ont...[/quote]

PS. Bents, be a big fish in a small pond like Hucks, you can be a legend like him too. Be adored by 25,000, or liked by 45,000. The choice is yours.

i love that hope green will belive the same thing when arsenal come knocking

Yes, its was a quality performance by DB and yes he did deserve his M of The Match award but lets not forget its taken nearly half a season to get there.

If he can maintain performances like that then he would be a welcome purchase but its a trifle premature for anyone to change their opinions after one match.

Ill admit that having seen Bentley up until yesterday i hadnt been impressed and to be honest he didnt really seem to care much. But yesterday he was bloody suoerb! and yeah i noticed his celebration for the first goal. Keep it up buddy!!

He has been one of our most consistent midfield performers despite being played out of position and detailed to a defensive role that didnt suit him.

Keep him in that off the forward role and we will see more games like that - it wont be every game as he is only 19 but if he does play like that he wont stay at the club as Arsenal will want him back.

OTBC

[quote]Dom Jay - welcome to the Bentley supporters club. I''ve been a member since day one and I''ve never given up believing that he could be great for us. He''s getting better and better and anyone doubting...[/quote]

Well said Susie,yes the boy did good on Saturday and I like you were pleased for him and the rest of the lads.

They were fantastic and as I said in a previous post we must fight on to the end and stick together. This needs to be a team effort and we need to keep getting behind them and try and keep our frustrations and grumbles to a minimum. Hard sometimes I know but they need us to stay positive and play our part in this massive challenge.

We can do it I know we can!

Rob Henry:

I think bents may have appeared not to care, but he did. The easiest defence mechanism against criticism, is to show total disinterest. He did care, despite the front and it showed like you said in his celebration of his goal, and it will show more and more from now on!

He''s been talking big, and doing litle, he''s had his ups and his downs, but i think he should be able to go on from now, his performance on the weekend will be a lifter for him personally. When so much is expected of you (and when you talk yourself up you dont help) and you dont deliver, you feel the pressure. i think the pressure''s down now, and I hope he can get a great run on, will be sad to see Bents go if he does, and more so Greeno... (i''m not crying, just got something in my eye) Once a Yella always a Yella!!!

C''mon Bents, let em AVE-IT!!!!

really hope we can keep him though. Spoke to bentley before staurdays game. said that he still had four years left on arsenal contract but he would like to stay at Norwich because he likes it here.

Took the words right out of my mouth RH. Even i had my doubts as to his commitment to the club, but after seeing him yesterday i would absolutely love it if he stayed, and hopefully he can find some consistency in his performances.

However, the only way that i can see him coming to FCR permanently is if greeno goes the other way, and everyone who saw him yesterday will know that we can''t afford to lose him. OTBC

I think as long as we''ve got him, Bentley should always be one of the first names on the team-sheet. At times he can look to over-complicate things when the obvious pass is all that''s needed and that can be frustrating, but, he''s a creator and that''s what we need. He''s a player who can make things happen.

Superb performance from him.  Maybe he has realised that he is unlikely to hold down a spot at Arsenal over the next few years and is playing for his career.  Looking at their game yesterday I am not sure he would get in that team and if he keeps playing like that for us, we would have to try to sign him.

to be fair i think that the only way we will get him (and this is pretty obvious) is if arsenal come for green, they may do a player/cash swap deal. Bentley has to look at his position at the end of the season and see where he thinks he can progress. If he chooses to go and slug it out at arsenal fair play to him. He''s a great talent, and if this is the age of chelsea now coming to fruitition then the arsenal of a few years time may be better than the current arsenal squad, look at the kids thery have bentley would surley have a place there then, if he keeps it simple then he will take the scene by storm.

Following on from your comments ncfcpremier, I''ve just read a report in which DB is quoted as saying ,"this is a brilliant club.  There is so much heart in it and I love being involved here".  Perhaps there might be another year on loan here for him, especially if we stay up, or a possibility of us buying him somehow (hopefully without losing Greeno) if Mr. Wenger can''t guarantee him a starting place next season, which I can''t see him being able to do on the evidence of their display and personnel used yesterday.  Fingers crossed then!