Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

formation for tuesday

Think we will start with the same formation but look to make changes earlier than normal if it isn''t working out. Johnson will replace Holt obviously, not sure what will happen about R. Martin though. Is Spillane fit enough? Can Whitbread play right back?

PL has plenty of options facing him at right back - Zack seems to have played well there on Saturday, Drury has played there, I think. Spillane will not be risked, I suspect, but there is the youth player who played there before.What of Gill or Hughes, or T-J?What I hope he will not do is to change the midfield, either by dropping Rusty or Korey back to RB, or pushing either forward.. It seems highly likely that Oli will make a start and if he tires, or other need arises, we could revert to 4-5-1, with Martin as a focal point up front supported by Hooly and the midfielders.A few weeks ago I would have said that the loss of Holt was very damaging, but they showed on Saturday what they can do without him.

Francomb would be the natural I would have thought - and he has played this season so clearly the club feel can can give that cover,  and is a better option than Rusty, Korey, Doc or Nelson.

Maybe 5-4-1? Martin Lone striker.

FF

RM (if fit) GD  MN  ZW  AD

DR

KS                              SL

WH

CM

[Y]

[quote user="Brendan"]

Maybe 5-4-1? Martin Lone striker.

FF

RM (if fit) GD  MN  ZW  AD

DR

KS                              SL

WH

CM

[Y]

[/quote]

Nah, I''m sure we''ll stick to 4-1-2-1-2. OJ in for Holt and then I think RMart will be fit.

I''m Not Too Sure About Francomb Coming In. I Think Lambert Will Try To Stick To The Normal Team As Much As He Can. Possibly Shifting Drury Over Or Bringing Whitbread In. Maybe Even Pushing Smith Back And Putting Hughes Into Mid-field. But We Shall Have To See :)

If Russel Martin can''t play I think he will play Korey at right back. Will be interesting to see what he does up front, i think the favourite is Johnson in for Holt but that leaves us quite lightweight up front. The leftfield solution to this is to play Doc up front and Whitbread and Nelson at the back.