Sign in to follow this  
DGC

the likes of croft, clinghan and marshall

are gonna end up regretting their greedy, "i''m too good for league 1" attitude within a couple of years or so i reckon. I genuinely don''t think i would even put croft on the bench in this current squad, marshall would be behind forster and rudd for me. Clingan, well, i''ll give in on that one, it''d be a tough call between him and russell for me, but since he couldn''t wait to get out either, then i''ll stick with rusty!I know this is a bit irrelevant but it pleases me when a player jumps ship only for that ship to soon pass them by and if we can keep together i can easily see us surpassing coventry, derby and cardiff in the not too distant future!

Agreed.  I have no sympathy for any player that leaves us.  So Clingan, Croft and Marshall can struggle all they like and I shed no tears over Ashton, other than we wont get our sell on

[quote user="RonDavies"]I think Crofty for one may be regretting his move. If he had had a crystal ball he may well have stayed! Easy to be wise in hindsight though.[/quote]Fat, over-rated, couldn''t cross for sh*te tosser.Begone with you Pie Boy… and Jock McJock twixt the sticks. Clingan would be supeb in this team, but the others can swivel!

Maybe Crofty did have a crystal ball, and saw Korey tearing up the right side, and decided to jump ship ASAP, before he was relegated to the ressies!!!!!

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

Lee Croft was ''the best free transfer of the season'' according to Nigel Clough.....

[/quote]Haha, he isn''t a chip off the old block really is he. I think Croft has now been dropped at Derby. I also noticed he wasn''t one of the players trying to hit Savage in the face with a ball on Football Focus the other day, probably for the best as they would have to have waited a very long time for Croft to hit a decent pass.

[quote user="Askounin"]Croft- crapMarshall- crapClinghan- Good player who would still get in our team now in place of Lappin or Smith[/quote]No one really came out of last season with much credibility. If Russell had of left in the summer which seemed very likely at the time we would be saying he is crap as well, but has been a revelation this season.To be honest I was never a big fan of Croft as he seemed all huff and puff with little end product.

I doubt Clingan and Marshall are regretting it though. Croft perhaps yes seeing as he''s fallen out of favour at Derby and his partner is from Norfolk.

To be fair, I think they were probably encouraged to either leave or take a huge pay cut. What would you do if your employer gave you the same choice?And Clingan probably regrets leaving Forest more than leaving us! The way things look at the moment, he could have been playing in the Premiership next season. Still, it does mean he doesn''t have to play for Billy Davies.

I really can''t see that Clingan would get into this team. He was a decent, not spectacular, player who was made to look better than he was by playing in a rubbish team. For me, Russell, Smith, Hughes and Juan Carlos are all better players. I''d forgotten Clingan until someone posted this thread!

i think clingan would have been, he has the passing range and scored from outside the area

i think comments saying that he regrets leaving forest more than us are certainly probably right... he should have known forest were going only one way up

croft however I have no problem seeing him just drift thro the leagues. Did he ever play a full 90 minutes? Does not compare with the great wingers we have had... and I think he is proving it at derby that he is a squad player... as mentioned alot of players looked good in our team last year because we were so pitiful

In their defence, we looked like a sinking ship under the gunn regime, and from what carl cort said in his interview last week all was not well. Not sure I''d have stuck around if I weren''t a city fan.

With clingan, what do you expect given the circumstances in which he joined us?