Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Man's A Hypocrite!

Firstly, apologies to DD and the newbies for starting a new thread when this subject has already been given space on these boards. But as I have been named directly in ''The Mans'' latest article, I trust you''ll forgive me.

IMO ''The Man'' is a hypocrite of the first order!.

He hides behind his anonymity and the safety of his keyboard and column in the Pink Un. Just like us to a degree.

And IMO. The man can be just as moronic as the 90% of us. (90% was his quoted figure of moron''s on these boards, so that probably means you, now reading this!) The main difference is he gets paid to be a moron. We don''t!.

Now, I collect The Pink Un, and have done for many years, for my own stats records, memories and of course, national posterity!.

So when he named and shamed me this week, I took a little time to search back through HIS history in print.

And shock: He ridicules past players, and criticize''s Managers and current players, tactics etc. Just like we all do. And he can be very cruel with it to boot. Well done Svenny!!!.

IMO, he gives us pond life, a bad name at times!. You don''t even want to know what he said about Kevin Muscat!. Regardless of what your views are on that player, he didn''t deserve that!.

When I make a mistake, I apologise, The Man never does.

It would appear that not only do some of the players access these boards, now he must be added to that list as well, hell, he may even be a regular poster!. And as he said, ''you can easily spot a moron'', yes we can, Man.

I''m sorry if I''ve ramble on, but I don''t have the luxury of my own page to hit out at people, or enough space to behave like kids in a playground!.

An ex player, and true City legend, Neil Adams, once told The Man to ''shut it'' in the Pink Un.

Says it all really, doesn''t it?.

Its "hear hear". Is this the standard of university education my taxes are paying for? Tsk.

Only posting so this doesn''t become yet another 1stW and DD mutual backslapping love-in.

Shouldn''t you two get a room or something?

I have read both posts and i cant believe everyone is slating 1st wiz and DD every one has opinions campbell more than most obviously and why people insist on moaning about bad grammer and spelling, if you want to be a teacher, go teach otherwise find something usefull to write about.

I am with you here wiz....as you his record is nothing to shout.. should he care to try a visit on my forum..you will find that we don''t hide... in an Ivory tower neither ....

[quote]I have read both posts and i cant believe everyone is slating 1st wiz and DD every one has opinions campbell more than most obviously and why people insist on moaning about bad grammer and spelling, i...[/quote]

Settle down there Mr Whitman, did sarcasm completely pass you by?

My post was really meant as an observation that sometimes is seems as it 50% of the posts on here consist of DD and that strange Wizard fellow backslapping.

Sorry if that males you angry

sorry herb, my bad i was on a bit of a misery mission earlier as the dog had just emptied the contents of the bin over the kitchen floor, so no offence meant i was just a bit arsey appologies offered.

To be honest i think the man is spot on. There is alot of crap posted on this forum. and it does show how fickle fans are and how brave they become when sitting behind the comfort of a computer screen.Shouts of ''Worthy Out'', and Wishing Bad Health on our own players. It disgusts me and its the main reason i only browse these forums once in a while.I think the people outlined in the article know who they are and should take on board what he is saying. Know the facts, think about what you are saying (writing) its all too easy to write and load of crap and click reply without fully thinking through the implications of your post.

Having read the "offending" piece, I can''t find anywhere in it that MITS says that fans don''t have a right to air their views on message boards. Indeed, that would be rather hypocritical given the nature of the column. It merely states that footballers should disgregard the all-too-obvious moronic element.

Also, the alleged hypocrisy about "hiding behind internet user names" and using a pseudonym himself is also erroneous - it may have escaped the moronic attentions of 1st Wizard and DDiM that this was a quote from Joe Kinnear, and not the direct opinion of MITS.

Indeed the only direct opinion I could find was the final paragraph which said that 90% of users are morons - a little harsh maybe - but nevertheless a bona fide opinion. And there was me thinking you were all for freedom of speech.

You think MITS is a moron - you''re entitled to that opinion. It seems he thinks you''re one, and I tend to agree.

Honestly, we''re feeding its (the alias of the man) ego by even caring what it thinks, I don''t...

i dont know who it is, and couldn''t care less, its got an opinion so do I, if it thinks I''m a moron, then it can kindly tell me to my face before I''ll worry about it..

I for one am not hiding, I have a real picture of me, real contact details and a real short story of my life (in my personal details thingy)... but I''d actually prefer to be in the "90% of morons" thanks, that''s where i feel more comfortable

PLEASE, NO FEEDING THE ANIMALS AT THE ZOO

[quote]Its "hear hear". Is this the standard of university education my taxes are paying for? Tsk. Only posting so this doesn''t become yet another 1stW and DD mutual backslapping love-in. Shouldn''t you two...[/quote]

It''s "it''s".  That''s the level of general schooling that my double tithe is funding?  Honestly... 

[quote]Having read the "offending" piece, I can''t find anywhere in it that MITS says that fans don''t have a right to air their views on message boards. Indeed, that would be rather hypocritical given the nat...[/quote]

Womble

I don''t know what I have done to deserve such scathing criticism from you.  I have merely registered my opinion and displeasure on a topic, and you have made it into a personal attack on me and 1st Wiz.  What are your grounds to day I''m moronic?  On the basis of these two threads a non Norwich City related matter?  I wouldn''t cast judgement on a fellow poster so quickly, I''d appreciate it if you did the same   

Excellent - you haven''t answered any of the logical reasons why your previous postings and accusations against MITS were inaccurate. Didn''t think you would.

[quote]Excellent - you haven''t answered any of the logical reasons why your previous postings and accusations against MITS were inaccurate. Didn''t think you would.[/quote]

Do you work for the Government Womble? Because you would make an excellent spin doctor! You have managed to completely ignore the point of my previous post!

With regards to yours, none of what I have said on previous postings has been inaccurate! I have found evidence to support my arguement that MITS is just as critical to players as I and other posters on this board are. And I have said my reasonings why I think MITS is a hypocrite. Neither are inaccurate IMO.

Staggering. Truly staggering.

Read. My. Lips.

The Man In The Stands does not say anywhere in his piece that fans do not have the right to criticise. Got that? Good. So he can''t be a hypocrite because he''s not accusing you of criticising players. Of course he criticises players when it''s deserved - it''s his job for heaven''s sake.

Now please explain how he is a hypocrite.