Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Svensson dserves credit....

for his 2 goals.  Obvious I know, but all I have heard this weekend is how Hierro didn''t mark him properly. It wasn''t anything to do with him losing his marker skilfully adnd making the space for himself then, or Bentley''s pinpoint crosses either.  No, according to the experts it was purely bad marking and nothing to do with us.

I agree - MOTD confirmed that Svens movement was a feature particularly for the first goal and thats what our forward play has been missing - movement.

Secondly Bentleys crossing was excellent on sat - the two for the goals, the one just before the first goal and an excellent free kick in the first half that had him justifiably swearing that no one was following in at the far post.

OTBC

only if he can do that week in week out!! he blows hot and cold !! when he is in the mood he can be brilliant else he is crap!!!! but well done svenny keep up the good work!!!!

Svensson showed just how good he can be on saturday, something that most people have forgotten. On his day he can cause problems for any team with his physical presence.

if he can keep it up, and we can get leon banging them in we won''t need to bring in a new striker in january, that way we can save the money or bring in a player for another position.

Funny, his bad games always come when THE DEFENCE KEEP PUMPING THE BALL UP TO HIM AND HOPING HE GETS IT!!!When the ball''s on the floor he can get involved with the play, and when the crosses come in he''ll be there or thereabouts.It''s this horrible notion of being a "target man" that ruins it for Svensson - because he isn''t one, and more importantly, we don''t need to use one.