Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield Canary

Joe Lewis

Interesting.I think that after initially doing quite well he is getting found out a little now, now whether that is down to Peterboro''s poor form or his own I haven''t seen enough to decide.I think that if he really was ready for the next step up he would have gone to a Prem club in this transfer window.I think we owe it to Jed Steer to be our next number one though.

Seemed to have a bit of a shocker against Wednesday Saturday - his confidence has been well blown.  But in the hands of Lambert, shouldn''t take long to turn him round if that''s what he wants.  But Rudd & Steer are probably good enough anyway.

Just realised, three Sheffield based Canaries fans in the first 4 on this thread - something of a record.

Hi guys by the way!

[quote user="morty"]Interesting.I think that after initially doing quite well he is getting found out a little now, now whether that is down to Peterboro''s poor form or his own I haven''t seen enough to decide.I think that if he really was ready for the next step up he would have gone to a Prem club in this transfer window.I think we owe it to Jed Steer to be our next number one though.[/quote]I, of course meant Declan lol.

Its always a toughie with keepers....because you are only as good as the defence in front of you! Any striker worth his salt will bury it if the defence is too leaky....it then makes good keepers look poor. That said it can swing the other way as well and confidence plays a part as well.....

Joe was sold for £400,000 fee will be seven figures, money that we don''t have. Whether he is good enough or not is secondary, he is an England under 21 international, and I can''t see it happening. His command of his area is also left wanting a lot of the time.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Just realised, three Sheffield based Canaries fans in the first 4 on this thread - something of a record.

Hi guys by the way!

[/quote]

make that 4!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Hi guys by the way!

[/quote]

lol yeh just noticed it as well

And I think the chances are Forster isn''t going to be here beyond this season, so we may need to look into getting another keeper be it on loan or permentatly so we can slowly bring Rudd in as he still only very young

No - think since he has left us he has become arrogant.

Think we should stick with Rudd or potentially try and re-sign Fraser Forster on loan as I doubt he''ll be needed when/if Newcastle are promoted.

I know it can be hard to throw a youngster in the deep end, especially when it''s a keeper. However, Rudd has not really put one foot wrong in his development, in either the youth team, or even the first team, and as mentioned, i think we owe it to him to give him a chance.Afterall, had he not gone off to play with the England youth and then get injured there is every chance he''d still be in ahead of Forster at this moment.I honestly feel he should be our first choice keeper next season (however purchasing a back up to go alongside Steer would seem reasonable).