Sign in to follow this  
Dom

HELVEG...your thoughts

Iwatched him during the game, so much energy, did the simple stuff. Gave away a few bad passes, but I thought wa class.

He deserves to keep his place....any thoughts

I would hope he stays in the team, it seems that he did the sort of unrecognised work as well as Safri. at the same time I would hope that Francis comes back into the team, he does offer an attacking edge - in place of who I don''t know.

On the subject of Helveg, has anyone noticed the differnet ratings people got in newspapers. In some Helveg got 5 in others 7 or 8. What would everyone else give him, not through yellow tinted glasses!

I''d say a 7.

I think he can play better than that, but again, he still had a good game.

He never panics when he has the ball at his feet and is being put under pressure by the opposition, he showed great composure on several occasions at the weekend, deciding to work the ball out of danger along the ground, instead of just hoofing it up the field.

I''ve definitely seen glimmers of his undoubted class, let''s just see some more of it.

Well played Thomas.

I agree with the 7. He provided an excellent defensive sheild and read the bolton game very well. Some passing remains poor but the touch of quality was clear.He should be keep his place in the side and given the performance on saturday I cant see Francis being rushed back for Saturday.OTBC

You all know I am a big Helveg fan and I thought he was excellent again.  He is probably the most composed player on the ball we have.  He sometimes passes balls that put the other player under pressure, but in his eyes it''s probably not anything they can''t handle.  Once he starts learning each players ability around him his passing will be much better than its already high standard.  You can''t blame him for thinking players are better than they are, who knows perhaps with his guidance they will become as composed as him.

Always been a helveg fan, seems that ''bad patch'' has done him the world of good, ok he is not setting the world alight but as is mentioned, he does the unrecognisable and the simple things. I thought that when he came on second half against brum he got hold of the ball and played it well.

You could tell this on saturday, bents was doing the same, rather than just play it wide every time he (and bents) were slotting balls through the defence opening them up, helveg needs to do this more, maybe after a period of uncertainty he has found his role in the team. this would be great given our current midfield problem

I''ve been a critic of Helveg since his arrival,but had a good game on Sat,lets hope he''s finally settled in.

[quote]Iwatched him during the game, so much energy, did the simple stuff. Gave away a few bad passes, but I thought wa class. He deserves to keep his place....any thoughts[/quote]

I thought he did much better, but if I''m being honest, thought he gave far too many passes away for such an experienced player.Francis & Safri would be in my midfield ahead of him on what Ive seen so far . Sorry if I''m in the minority on this one.